follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 02-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
happytimetom

Drives: 2013 Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spacers? Springs? Help.

Hey guys,

After much deliberation I have decided that my first proper mod to my 86 will be to try and achieve a proper flush look with my current wheels. I'm certainly not a suspension or wheel guru and would like some help working out how to get a nice setup, preferably without it costing a mint, though there is money available to spend.

So I currently have 18x8.5 rims with 235/40 tires on all 4 wheels.
As you can see the back tucks a lot more than the front and the end goal is to have them both flush...ish. I'd also like to lower the car somewhat, though after buying a "pre lowered" car in the past I definately DO NOT want to have it scrub on every crack in the road, while also maintaining the stock feel and ride.

Any suggestions on how to calculate correct spacer size, whether to buy coilovers or are springs good enough to achieve what I want?

Also might Add I'm Australian, if anyone can suggest places to buy things that would be tops And yes, I'm blacking out those annoying stripes on the inside of the rim, I didn't pick them blame Toyota.

Name:  DSC_0423 small.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  317.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0426 small.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  388.3 KB
happytimetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytimetom View Post
And yes, I'm blacking out those annoying stripes on the inside of the rim, I didn't pick them blame Toyota.
I think the ring or stripe adds contrast to the car. The "Batman" look is played out. The wheel stripe will help to accentuate your ride once your car is lowered!

As for your dimension question, there's a calculator here someone was kind enough to create and share. Try looking by the search feature. God speed!

**Update**
I think this is it! Posted by ITDANSHARPE!
Auto Fitment Calculator
http://www.frsproject.com/tire_size.php

Last edited by Wolfking; 02-24-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:53 AM   #3
happytimetom

Drives: 2013 Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfking View Post
I think the ring or stripe adds contrast to the car. The "Batman" look is played out. The wheel stripe will help to accentuate your ride once your car is lowered!

As for your dimension question, there's a calculator here someone was kind enough to create and share. Try looking by the search feature. God speed!

**Update**
I think this is it! Posted by ITDANSHARPE!
Auto Fitment Calculator
http://www.frsproject.com/tire_size.php
So... Total noob speaking here but if I calculate offset using that calculator that should be roughly the size in mm of the spacers I need? Will this change much once lowered?
happytimetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
In theory, I believe that is correct...if you mean adding for example a 5mm spacer, that would make your wheel then become an even 9mm according to the calculator! **I think!** You may want to PM Mr. Sharpe! Your goal is flush or very close ti it. From the pic it appears that you are flushish...

**REMEMBER**
You don't want to go too wide unless you don't mind rolling your fenders!
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spacer, springs, wheels