follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #15
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djratrap View Post
I probably should have done that first. TBH, i'm just afraid of having neighbors with a vendetta against me. Although somebody obviously does (not necessarily these people). Well they have till noon tomorrow, then i'm going straight to the police and my insurance. I'm not paying for someone else's mistake.

Deal with having a vendetta, they vandalized your property. It doesn't matter what vendetta they have, they will still be angry you caught them....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Djratrap (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #16
ToySub1946

Drives: 15FRS, 05MustangGT, 85Toyota truck
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm here late in the game...just saw this Friday almost noon.

Sorry for your woes. I would be very upset also. Judging by the date on your tires, 7th week of 2018, your own car is almost new...production date most likely in March 2018.

From the very sharp picture of rear of Camry, sorry but does not match up with tailamps from screenshot picture.

I could tell better if I knew model year of the Camry...Would need to see side view pics of that model, compare door handles, side window angles...to compare to screenshot.
The Camry, just under the tailamp, above the word Camry, shows evidence of typical Seattle scunge from not washing a car often, or an automatic carwash which does not thoroughly clean the rear of a car. This is certainly not an owner who is anal about exterior car cleanliness.

Possibly the car which hit your car, backing out of an inclined driveway, was a visitor to someone in that building. There's also the issue of an impaired driver, not recalling the incident.
ToySub1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #17
Djratrap

Drives: BRZ CSB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Update, they denied it even with the evidence stacked against them. So i got tired of texting them and just went to the police and my insurance. It was covered under uninsured driver for the time being.

They are so stupid. The officer parked next to them, they looked at officer got in the car and took off. Came back 10 minutes later in another. Idiots... way to incriminate yourself. They must have assumed i didn't have their plate or damage pics.

Car had a WA plate but was registered in CA. I think they are international students so criminal offense means deportation. No criminal charges, but i think my insurance is going after them (couldn't prove who was driving).

Hopefully this is the last big hit and run for a while.
I can't stress this enough, if you live in an urban/college/shit area spend the money and get a hardwired dash cam, it will save you from a large headache.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance/concern. Still my favorite car community, even though I've been a ghost on the forums.

Last edited by Djratrap; 06-16-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Djratrap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Djratrap For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (06-16-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #18
Djratrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySub1946 View Post
I'm here late in the game...just saw this Friday almost noon.

Sorry for your woes. I would be very upset also. Judging by the date on your tires, 7th week of 2018, your own car is almost new...production date most likely in March 2018.

From the very sharp picture of rear of Camry, sorry but does not match up with tailamps from screenshot picture.

I could tell better if I knew model year of the Camry...Would need to see side view pics of that model, compare door handles, side window angles...to compare to screenshot.
The Camry, just under the tailamp, above the word Camry, shows evidence of typical Seattle scunge from not washing a car often, or an automatic carwash which does not thoroughly clean the rear of a car. This is certainly not an owner who is anal about exterior car cleanliness.

Possibly the car which hit your car, backing out of an inclined driveway, was a visitor to someone in that building. There's also the issue of an impaired driver, not recalling the incident.
2014ish Camry. If you take the pic, match the lights, window profile(segmentation), color, wheels(perfect match to actual car), location of the car, the suspicious way they acted when the officer came. All fingers point to them. In the video you can see the backup light is in the right spot (same as their car/2014 camry). Even the officer stated they suspected the same thing, but without positive ID of the driver nothing could be done. I wish it hadn't rained that day. It's out of my hands now. Nobody was hurt so i guess it's okay. You are correct "whoever" hit me had backed out of an inclined spot. The women who normally drives that car was acting extremely weird every time she saw me throughout the week. I just thought she was being weird, at the time i had not noticed the damage yet. She would get wide eyed, stare at me, and scurry into her apartment.

Karma's a bitch, that's all i got to say.

Last edited by Djratrap; 06-16-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #19
Djratrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
You need to move.

I'm not kidding. It's not just the car. From what you've said, it's obvious you're under constant low-level stress as you worry about what your dipshit neighbors are going to do next. That kind of stress seems manageable in the short term but will take its toll on you over time. You need to GTFO now so you can relax and feel safe in your own home.

Also, even if it's not your fault, repeated insurance claims can cause your rates to increase. You're obviously in a high-risk area for property damage. It makes perfect sense for an insurance company to charge you more to live there if they're going to have to pay out more in claims as a result.
I would move if i could, but i'm wrapping up some school so not really an option at the moment. You are correct there was about a week, that i was just seething. However, I've been at this area for over 2 years and haven't had any issues like this before. When it rains it pours i guess.