follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2020, 08:55 PM   #4257
Mykii
Noodleking

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh, just as an update.. I ended up ordering a new hub for the supercharger and another 30mm track pack. The new pulleys definitely have less play than the last set (I recall when I got my last set, I sent an email out to Kraftwerks about the play-- they did respond, but I figured it wasn't a huge deal), buttoned it back together and have been back on the road. Hopefully now, with everything all spec'd right, I'll get another year before something else crazy happens
2013 Firestorm FR-S, Kraftwerks C38 kit, FT-86 UEL Catted Headers, TRD D-Tip cat-back, Vibrant 1140 Resonator, Exedy Stage 1 Normal/smoother clutch that replaced the Stage 2 3-puck clutch, Exedy Lightweight flywheel, DSS carbon fiber driveshaft, TEIN springs on performance package Sachs dampers, Megan Racing Inner tie rods, 17x8 +35 Enkei Silver RPF1's, OS-Giken 1.5-way diff, J-Luth steering wheel and now a GKTech angle kit-- which rubs.
Mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:44 PM   #4258
D-VO

Drives: Whiteout FR-S, Evo 8 RS
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Anyone having issue with belts having varied tension? Mine goes from 64hz - 74hz when turning the crank 180 degrees. I called KW about this weirdness and Joel said the crank may be spinning in a slightly oval pattern. I marked the crank position to the tightest point at 74hz, then released and tightened the crank bolt, but all the tension went to the other side instead.

Upon removing the crank pulley and adapter I noticed there being some play between them. I tried putting some tape in there to make it a bit more solid but there were no changes, it still reads 64hz to 74hz. Any ideas?
Old 08-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #4259
projek_01

Drives: 1996 ST204, Series 10 FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
@D-VO
Seems like your best bet is to use a dial indicator with a magnetic stand to measure runout. Either one of your idlers, supercharger pulley or crank pulleys can cause the belt to change tension as you rotate the crank since it is a cogged system. Heck, even an unevenly stretched belt could cause that. So many different variables.

@ichitaka05
It seems like the OP @digital_assassin has sold his 86 and no longer visits this site. Is there any way I can take over and update the first post? I would like to update the replacement belt part numbers as the one listed is no longer relevant. I ordered the wrong one because the post is outdated.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #4260
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,049 Times in 8,324 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by projek_01 View Post
@D-VO
Seems like your best bet is to use a dial indicator with a magnetic stand to measure runout. Either one of your idlers, supercharger pulley or crank pulleys can cause the belt to change tension as you rotate the crank since it is a cogged system. Heck, even an unevenly stretched belt could cause that. So many different variables.

@ichitaka05
It seems like the OP @digital_assassin has sold his 86 and no longer visits this site. Is there any way I can take over and update the first post? I would like to update the replacement belt part numbers as the one listed is no longer relevant. I ordered the wrong one because the post is outdated.

Thanks
Sadly don’t have any power to give power to anyone. I would recommend PM the admin: Hachiroku yo see about that.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #4261
NotAMiata

Drives: 2015 frs, 2000 Honda s2000,
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosmiths View Post
Any dyno on stock exhaust, 91 gas and 90mm pulley?
this is 94, not 91, but stock headers, stock exhaust, kraftwerks kit made 265whp with the 90mm pulley.

on a side note can anyone let me know if this tune looks good? He lowered the redline to 7300rpm and it runs a little lean at that point. Didn't seem like I was running out of fuel, just seemed a little weird is all.

https://imgur.com/a/FMsQrqd
NotAMiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #4262
NotAMiata

Also Has anyone done 10-15 minute hot lapping sessions with this kit? What should I know, what should I be careful with? I'm so paranoid about blowing up the supercharger from oil starvation or something.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:22 PM   #4263
akeni

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My kraftwerks pulley is hitting the oil filter. Did i misaligned the brackets or is something else wrong?

https://imgur.com/gallery/67VrEgD

akeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #4264
NotAMiata

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeni View Post
My kraftwerks pulley is hitting the oil filter. Did i misaligned the brackets or is something else wrong?

https://imgur.com/gallery/67VrEgD

yeah somethings wrong there. either the pulleys are not in properly or the brackets are misaligned somehow. I find it hard to believe the brackets aren't in right though. Go over the instruction manual and double check you did everything right.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:01 AM   #4265
akeni

Drives: frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAMiata View Post
yeah somethings wrong there. either the pulleys are not in properly or the brackets are misaligned somehow. I find it hard to believe the brackets aren't in right though. Go over the instruction manual and double check you did everything right.

I was wondering if anyone had that problem. Will take the whole bracket out and redo the pulleys to see if thats an issue.
akeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #4266
Kraftwerk_Race

Drives: Scion FR-S
Not sure if this related to my Kraftwerk Race version supercharger or not.

The problem I have now is that when engine gets warm it stalls...
Several tune revisions were loaded before with this problem ocurred. Openflash was in the process of leaning off the engine, and since tune #9 it started happening, trying to flash to earlier versions did not help, so something is broken...
I was told to check exhaust for leaks and supercharger pipe leaks. Fixed a small pinhole in exhaust half way down, found some minor boost leaks and fixed them (except Rotrex output swirl is leaking at the base is still to be fixed) but the problem persists.

How do I recognize if the engine is damaged? Anyone an idea?
Kraftwerk_Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:28 AM   #4267
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,064 Times in 773 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
post log..
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #4268
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk_Race View Post
Not sure if this related to my Kraftwerk Race version supercharger or not.

The problem I have now is that when engine gets warm it stalls...
Several tune revisions were loaded before with this problem ocurred. Openflash was in the process of leaning off the engine, and since tune #9 it started happening, trying to flash to earlier versions did not help, so something is broken...
I was told to check exhaust for leaks and supercharger pipe leaks. Fixed a small pinhole in exhaust half way down, found some minor boost leaks and fixed them (except Rotrex output swirl is leaking at the base is still to be fixed) but the problem persists.

How do I recognize if the engine is damaged? Anyone an idea?

check LTFT is less than 10% assume its stalling at idle or throttle lift off.

check afr at idle is arround 14.7 also check monifold pressure boost on oft is about -10 psi at idle if its only like -6 likely intake or bov leak.

if all ok increase ithe overu fuel resume to 1500 and bump idle to 800 rpm
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:24 PM   #4269
Kraftwerk_Race

Drives: Scion FR-S
Yes, you are correct its stalling when warm at idle or when I come to a traffic light and throttle is off.

I missed to mention that 2 months ago was last email from my tuner ( who seems to have abandoned me) and he sent me the ECU file with raised idle rpm to 1k which suppose to be helping him troubleshoot the problem. I sent the logs but never heard back from him yet.

See attached log file. this with idle raised and in warm state of engine and no throttle.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 5_csv_log.txt (9.1 KB, 83 views)
Kraftwerk_Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:58 AM   #4270
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,064 Times in 773 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
you have extreme positive fuel trims
check for exhaust leak near the lambda sensor
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote