follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
nlowell

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FS: Phantom Electric Supercharger w/ 1.5x upgrade kit and aux charger

I have decided to go a different route and am putting my baby up for sale. The Phantom Electric Supercharger (ESC) is a very capable supercharger with unbeatable value at less than 1/2 the price of a conventional FI system. If you have not heard of the system, there is a LOT of good information in this thread and a lot of the valuable info has been consolidated in the first post:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39719

Included in the sale is all of the following items:
  • Base Phantom Electric Supercharger Kit
  • 1.5x Power Upgrade Kit
  • Auxiliary Charger
  • Homemade Cooling Upgrade (directs air from fog light cover or air damn to controller)
  • 5 Batteries (4 fast discharge for the supercharger and 1 starter battery)
  • Installation Help (if you are in SoCal and come to my garage in SD)

With all of the above I was pushing 4.94 lbs of boost at 2.8k RPM. It tapers off to 1.5-2 lbs of boost at 7k RPM. This kit is a torque monster in the lower RPM range that creates a LOT of fun as a DD. With the Auxiliary charger installed, recharge time is so fast that you don't even need to think about it. Whenever you want the power, you can get it

Boost Chart:

The kit installs in under under two hours and can easily be removed in 30 minutes if desired. Rob continues to progress this system and provide upgrades that push the previous boundaries of electrical superchargers. You will not only get a great kit but also be included in a community of innovation excitement with more upgrades to come.

For the last 5 months I ran with the OFT an loved it. Being impatient for e85 support I switched to Delicious Tuning's ECUTek tune a few weeks ago and was just getting that dialed in. The OFT now supports e85 for the 1.5x kit with a recent update just released.

On a side note: I do have an OFT that I will be selling for $450 separately...let me know if you are interested in that as well.

Here are some Dyno graphs:

Stock FRS (not my car) on the Infamous Mustang Dyno (reads ~17% lower than dynojet):

My car on the same Infamous Mustang Dyno:

Notice there is a no torque dip and very big gains between the two. Normalizing this to a dynojet number, that means ~220hp peak on e60!

Here is a recent Dyno that Shiv did with his new OFT e85 tune on the ESC 1.5 kit - 224hp peak!:

Here is a picture of the kit installed on my car:

And the volt gauge that shows the system fully charged (28.5 - 28.8):

Right now there is a pretty big list of people waiting to get a new kit from Rob and a multi-month wait. This is your chance to get a great kit now for a good price. All-in I have ~$2,300 invested into the system. I'm selling everything for $1,950 plus shipping ($2,400 if you want the OFT included). If you are in the San Diego area and drive to me I will even help you install it. I want to see this great kit go to a good home!
225hp for less than $2k is a heck of a value!

PM me if interested or if you have any questions. First come, first serve.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlowell View Post
I have decided to go a different route and am putting my baby up for sale. The Phantom Electric Supercharger (ESC) is a very capable supercharger with unbeatable value at less than 1/2 the price of a conventional FI system. If you have not heard of the system, there is a LOT of good information in this thread and a lot of the valuable info has been consolidated in the first post:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39719

Included in the sale is all of the following items:
  • Base Phantom Electric Supercharger Kit
  • 1.5x Power Upgrade Kit
  • Auxiliary Charger
  • Homemade Cooling Upgrade (directs air from fog light cover or air damn to controller)
  • 5 Batteries (4 fast discharge for the supercharger and 1 starter battery)
  • Installation Help (if you are in SoCal and come to my garage in SD)

With all of the above I was pushing 4.94 lbs of boost at 2.8k RPM. It tapers off to 1.5-2 lbs of boost at 7k RPM. This kit is a torque monster in the lower RPM range that creates a LOT of fun as a DD. With the Auxiliary charger installed, recharge time is so fast that you don't even need to think about it. Whenever you want the power, you can get it

Boost Chart:

The kit installs in under under two hours and can easily be removed in 30 minutes if desired. Rob continues to progress this system and provide upgrades that push the previous boundaries of electrical superchargers. You will not only get a great kit but also be included in a community of innovation excitement with more upgrades to come.

For the last 5 months I ran with the OFT an loved it. Being impatient for e85 support I switched to Delicious Tuning's ECUTek tune a few weeks ago and was just getting that dialed in. The OFT now supports e85 for the 1.5x kit with a recent update just released.

On a side note: I do have an OFT that I will be selling for $450 separately...let me know if you are interested in that as well.

Here are some Dyno graphs:

Stock FRS (not my car) on the Infamous Mustang Dyno (reads ~17% lower than dynojet):

My car on the same Infamous Mustang Dyno:

Notice there is a no torque dip and very big gains between the two. Normalizing this to a dynojet number, that means ~220hp peak on e60!

Here is a recent Dyno that Shiv did with his new OFT e85 tune on the ESC 1.5 kit - 224hp peak!:

Here is a picture of the kit installed on my car:

And the volt gauge that shows the system fully charged (28.5 - 28.8):

Right now there is a pretty big list of people waiting to get a new kit from Rob and a multi-month wait. This is your chance to get a great kit now for a good price. All-in I have ~$2,300 invested into the system. I'm selling everything for $1,950 plus shipping ($2,400 if you want the OFT included). If you are in the San Diego area and drive to me I will even help you install it. I want to see this great kit go to a good home!
225hp for less than $2k is a heck of a value!

PM me if interested or if you have any questions. First come, first serve.

Where as I've been following this thread for a while and there's probably a good deal to be had here. Not everyone has a 6 figure income and that kind of discretionary income. I only wish that I could say that your system is now mine. But thanks anyway.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
btoast

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good luck with the sale. I am local to you (for the most part) and wish I was able to pick this up. It is just not the time for me, sadly.
btoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Jad

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
id buy it oft included for $2,100
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
nlowell

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Kit is sold, thanks for looking! PantsDants will soon be lovin' the torque!