follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
Mark Slide Squad

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT, S14 Kouki
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Hey @mark_Slide_Squad, is that really only an inch lower than stock? It looks like a lot more than that
Mine is lower than an inch, yes. For the rear, the lower bracket was maxed out as far as how low it could go. To get lower, I adjusted the spring perch, which in-turn doesn't preload the spring anymore, but it doesn't seem to be an issue and I track the car like that too. Tom at Buddy Club told me that the new RSD kits they are selling now will be 8kg springs in front and 6kg in rear, and also the lower rear bracket has been revised so that you can go lower without affecting the preload of the springs. The front is maxed out as far as how low I can go. If I remove one of the spring perch lock nuts, I could maybe get it about 1/4" to 3/8" lower. I don't like a slammed car though for track, it ruins the suspension geometry, especially for these cars. Another reason why my car looks lower is probably because of my fat 245/40 tires which have a square look with a tall sidewall. A more stretched tire will have more of a fender gap.
Mark Slide Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
EXCELLENT Review on the BC coilovers! I had a set on my R32 GTR and I loved them as well!

While I autocross ALOT, there just aren't as many track days available to the public in the Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee area unless you're a member of the Porsche club. Its unfortunate since Barber Motorsports Park is one of the most beautiful tracks in the country! Because of this, the BC's are more of an option for me as opposed to the KWs. (especially on price point)

Thanks for taking the time to share! Looks like I have some shopping to do!

Scott
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
court_frs

Drives: Raven-frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had any problems with clicking noises from what sounds like its coming from camber plates over certain bumps trying to find fix but don't know what to do if any on can help I would truly appreciate it thanks in advance
court_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
Mark Slide Squad

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT, S14 Kouki
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by court_frs View Post
Has anyone had any problems with clicking noises from what sounds like its coming from camber plates over certain bumps trying to find fix but don't know what to do if any on can help I would truly appreciate it thanks in advance
99% sure your problem is that the center nut that sandwiches the camber plate to the shock shaft is loose. It's quite common on coilovers in general, not just on Buddy Club coilovers. You can't tighten it in the car with just using a socket wrench, as the shock shaft will spin as well, so the nut will not tighten. If you use an impact gun from an air compressor though, it'll do the trick, and you don't have to hold the shaft from moving. Just blast the nut with the impact for a few seconds and it'll be fine. Might want to check the rear coilovers too for the same issue.
Mark Slide Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
court_frs

Drives: Raven-frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Slide Squad View Post
99% sure your problem is that the center nut that sandwiches the camber plate to the shock shaft is loose. It's quite common on coilovers in general, not just on Buddy Club coilovers. You can't tighten it in the car with just using a socket wrench, as the shock shaft will spin as well, so the nut will not tighten. If you use an impact gun from an air compressor though, it'll do the trick, and you don't have to hold the shaft from moving. Just blast the nut with the impact for a few seconds and it'll be fine. Might want to check the rear coilovers too for the same issue.
Thanks so much I tried with just a wrench when I first heard the noise and it spun as you said and didn't want to mess anything up I will just blast it on with impact gun thanks for the advice and again thanks for quick response
court_frs is offline   Reply With Quote