follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #85
2SeeKU

Drives: Raven GT86 & Subaru WRX CS6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone care to explain how Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting works?

For FFS, I assume it just revs to the right RPM to match the gear, but how does it know the gears l'm going in (e.g. moving up/down gears)?
2SeeKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #86
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
one more standalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBlown View Post
After months of waiting, we are very excited to have been given the opportunity to test m150 ecu for the FRS/BRZ.

We know this setup won't be necessary for most applications but for those who are looking to take it to the next level. You can't get any better than this.

MoTeC's M150 Toyota FT86 / Subaru BRZ plug-in kit is a fully programmable direct replacement for the factory-fitted
ECU.
No rewiring is necessary, the kit plugs into the stock wiring harness using the original sensors and fuel system. All
original functions are maintained.

Key advantages to the new M1 solutions are:

• Fully integrates with all original systems, including Direct Injection, Stability, Dash, Power Steering, ABS,
Airconditioning, and Alternator control.
• Pre-configured sensor calibrations for Original Equipment (OE) sensors and engine triggers.
• Pre-configured control of Port and Direct Injectors with a tuneable balance table.
• Pre-configured FT86 Reference Mode for Engine Speed, Ignition Timing, and control of 4 camshafts with tuneable
Inlet and Exhaust cam timing tables.
• Pre-configured On-board Knock for each cylinder with 2 OE knock sensors and selectable centre frequency
• Pre-configured physical settings for Engine Displacement, Fuel Density, Stoichiometric Ratio, Fuel Pressure, and
Injector Linearisation allow for simplified engine start-up prior to tuning
• Pre-configured CAN messaging for OE systems including ABS / Stability, Dashboard, and Power Steering.
• Pre-configured control of OE coolant fans with 3 temperature thresholds
• Pre-configured transient fuelling compensation using physical modelling of Fuel Film Deposit for Port and Direct
injectors.
• Pre-configured Wheel Speed detection via CAN from OE ABS system, allowing Gear Detection via engine speed /
wheel speed estimate
• Configurable Boost control for a single turbo
• Configurable Anti-Lag for single turbo variants with Ignition Timing Limit, Fuel Volume Trim, Ignition Cut, Engine
Speed Limit, Boost Aim and Throttle Aim tables
• Gearbox position detection via sensor or engine speed / wheel speed estimate
• Gearbox shift request via Up Shift Switch / Down Shift Switch or Gear Lever Force sensor
• Gearbox Shift Control with Ignition Cut and Engine Speed matching
• GPS acquisition and logging via CAN or RS232 (hardware dependant)
• Intercooler Temperature and Spray control
• Lap Distance, Time and Number via BR2 or Switched Input, with Split and Sector options
• Configurable Launch Control with tables for Launch Engine Speed vs. Vehicle Speed, Launch Throttle Limit vs.
Vehicle Speed, Launch Boost Aim vs. Vehicle Speed, and Launch Fuel Volume Trim vs. Vehicle Speed.
• Race Time system with tables for Ignition Timing Compensation, Fuel Mixture Aim, Boost Limit, and Throttle
Limit.
• Auxiliary Timer system with tables for Ignition Timing Compensation, Fuel Volume Trim, and Fuel Mixture Aim
• Engine Load Average channel with tables for Engine Speed Limit, Ignition Timing Trim, Fuel Mixture Aim, Boost
Limit, and Throttle Limit
• Engine Run Time Total for engine hour logging
• Configurable Security for multiple users with differing access options
• ECU CAN Receive from a defined ID Base Address for data reception from MoTeC devices
• 4 Configurable Driver Switches and 4 Driver Rotary Switches with each of 9 positions simultaneously mappable to
Launch Control, Pit Switch, Anti-Lag, Traction, Auxiliary Time, Race Time Reset, Gear Automatic, Engine Speed
Limit Maximum, Throttle Pedal Translation, Fuel Volume Trim, Ignition Timing, Fuel Mixture Aim, Boost Limit,
Traction Aim, and Traction Control Range.
• Analogue Tachometer output with configurable Output Pin and scaling
• Transmission Pump output with Transmission Temperature threshold and hysteresis control.
• Traction Control with tables for Aim Main, Aim Compensation, Control Range.
• 4 Optional Outputs for PWM Control of added actuators:
• Duty Cycle tables using Engine Speed and Throttle or Manifold Pressure Axes
• Activation based on Inlet Manifold Pressure or Throttle Position
• Aux Output 1 includes tables for Ignition Timing Compensation, Fuel Volume Trim, and Fuel Mixture Aim
• Optional channels for additional sensors via input pin and/or CAN message, including:

Price TBA (We are working with Motec on some options and will release pricing as soon as we get them)
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #87
Carlitoz3

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_m View Post
Maybe add OpenFlash Tablet under developing. They support TunerPro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thinking of keeping my car NA.
Looks like this is the simplest, cheap way to go.
Having a little tablet in the car would be a plus I guess
Carlitoz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #88
imanedrn

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Ltd M/T WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
The torque dip is roughly where it switches injection methods from what I understand it, and the factory tune is VERY conservative in this area. It can be minimized on pump, but all the extra timing advance you can run on E85 really takes care of it. Only way to wholly remove it though is with headers, but the tune goes a long way. I didn't even notice unless I was fixating on it.
I seem to notice it most when I'm in 3rd and accelerate from 3-5k rpm. I don't intend to pay attention to it, it just feels so obvious to me. I'd love to know how it feels when it's not there.
imanedrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #89
martinEZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTO_86 View Post
I think stage 2 is exhaust and intake. Stage 2 is what I'm going for, but I still don't know what tune to get. If anyone can help me out. So far I have a Ingen cold air intake and Invidia N1 catback. I want a tune that will give me a bang for my buck. Something not to expensive and that will show results. Also, I don't know if I will be able to tune the car myself, so where would I tune it? Looking to run on 91 Octane. By the way, it is AT transmission. I'm still deciding on buying headers...Borla maybe. Thanks.
got real excited to see someone in the same situation, only to be disappointed to see it get passed over

#nooblife
martinEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to martinEZ For This Useful Post:
TOTO_86 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #90
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinEZ View Post
got real excited to see someone in the same situation, only to be disappointed to see it get passed over

#nooblife

Unfortunatly not many people post on these sticky threads mainy for people to read and make their own decisions.

If you want something simple to use that caters for just bolt on mods and is pretty cheap , then look at the OPEN FLASH TABLET. heaps of threads below or check out their web site for $500 it good value and tunes for various mods free.

You might need to rescale maf for injen intake either do it yourself or use injen provided maf scaling if it exists or pay $200 extra for custom e-tune
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
KslayFRZ (05-07-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #91
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
HKS FlashEditor ¥ 75,600
ECU reflashing via the on board diagnostics port (OBD II) is made possible.
Stock data can be read and written.
Can save stock ECU data and 3 other custom data files.
HKS produced data (Phase 1, Phase 2) is preinstalled.
Data can be edited by F-CON dealer with Power Writer.
1 Flash Editor is used per vehicle tuned
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...s%2Fdb%2F15169
Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #92
Toyota GT 86

Drives: Toyota GT 86
I'm also looking for an e-tuner. Anybody here? I'm from Peru-South America
Toyota GT 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #93
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota GT 86 View Post
If your not turbo/supercharged just buy an open flash tablet it cokes with tunes to suit differnet fuels and bolt on mods like headers. the tune are about 95% of what you would get with a custom tune

you get the tablet to flash tunes log you tune diagnostics and clear/read cel codes, you can flash back your stock tune or updated tunes as they come out no extra charges.
they can be on sold to another user if you flash back your stock tune.

www.openflashtablet.com

or read the OFT TIPS link below
Toyota GT 86 (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #94
Toyota GT 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
If your not turbo/supercharged just buy an open flash tablet it cokes with tunes to suit differnet fuels and bolt on mods like headers. the tune are about 95% of what you would get with a custom tune

you get the tablet to flash tunes log you tune diagnostics and clear/read cel codes, you can flash back your stock tune or updated tunes as they come out no extra charges.
they can be on sold to another user if you flash back your stock tune.

www.openflashtablet.com

or read the OFT TIPS link below
1.Who make the tunes that I would download for my car?
2. How do I know what tune to choose for my car? i have catless header, overpipe, catless front pipe, q300 catback, intake, perrin complete pulley kit...
Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #95
Circuit Motorsports

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Circuit Motorsports
Quote:
We offer a full range of e-tuning. In fact, we are currently e-tuning a race-prepped rally car in Lima, Peru: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...56&postcount=3.

You can get tuning details from our site here: http://www.brz-parts.com/ecutek.html.

- Bob
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #96
steve99
Banned

Quote:
1.Who make the tunes that I would download for my car?
2. How do I know what tune to choose for my car? i have catless header, overpipe, catless front pipe, q300 catback, intake, perrin complete pulley kit...

The guys at openflash do the tunes guy by the name of Shiv Pathak.

The info on which tune to use is in the OFT TIPS post.

for those mods you would use the Stage 2 tune for EL or UEL headers then pick the fuel type 91/93 octane.

the guys at openflash also do custom e-tuning via internet you send them logs they analyse and send you updated tune. costs about $250 extra for custom tune.

you may need custom tune due to you intake it may require maf rescale unless its a TRD one you can do it yourself if you read the maf scaling link below but the openflash guys would do it as part of an e-tune. call or email them info on their site.
Toyota GT 86 (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #97
Toyota GT 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports View Post
We offer a full range of e-tuning. In fact, we are currently e-tuning a race-prepped rally car in Lima, Peru: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...56&postcount=3.

You can get tuning details from our site here: http://www.brz-parts.com/ecutek.html.

- Bob
I actually own a GT86 Club here in Peru we are 50 members. Yesterday I spent the day with the owner and driver of that Rally Car you are going to tune. We went to practice and his car is f*cking fast and loud. I was the co-pilot. You can Watch the video we made yesterday in this link [ame]http://youtu.be/OI3BAtn6PtE[/ame]

And the photo is my car, hopefully you may tune in the next months when I buy my header.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Toyota GT 86 For This Useful Post:
Circuit Motorsports (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #98
Circuit Motorsports

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Circuit Motorsports
It is truly a small world!!!

That's great! We'll be remote dyno tuning his rally car on Monday! After that, his GT86 will be even faster! Thanks for sharing the video -- looked like you guys were having a bit of fun!

Nice looking '86. I very much look forward to tuning your GT86 soon as well!

- Bob
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Circuit Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Toyota GT 86 (09-13-2014)