follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #855
enivid

Drives: WRB JR BRZED
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellout View Post
You're under the mistaken impression that I'm talking about this thread. Anyone who has ever read one of the threads where a member asks questions specifically pertaining to the KW kit would understand what I'm talking about.
Mr. Cranky Pants
enivid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enivid For This Useful Post:
Sellout (08-31-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #856
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Every kit includes some sort of unknown bonus that causes JR owners and sellers to derail every single thread in the FI section where someone is expressing interest in a KW system.
I laughed much more than I should have. :thumbsup

Last edited by Calum; 08-31-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: words.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (09-01-2014), Sellout (08-31-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #857
Sellout
Mr. Cranky Pants

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I laughed much than I should have. :thumbsup
Good. I was hoping to make people laugh. People take themselves way too seriously...
Sellout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sellout For This Useful Post:
Calum (08-31-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #858
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Whats the normal amount of boost that this kit puts out? Ive been looking everywhere and have yet to find a set "this is what it is" number. If someone could enlighten me that would be great.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #859
Frogamazog

Drives: Soon to be a BRZ
Saw the Jackson Racing rep state that it's 9psi with the 110mm pulley and can be increased up to 14 with a smaller one. I think it was in the original JR SC thread
Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #860
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
OK sweet. You would think when you google Jackson Racing Supercharger boost output it would show something other then just tech specs about the charger and give me actual outputs.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #861
TONYpepperon1

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionOfHorus View Post
What the fuck? He's asking in the JR owners thread, ofc he's gonna get answers relating to the JRSC.
Quote:
You're under the mistaken impression that I'm talking about this thread. Anyone who has ever read one of the threads where a member asks questions specifically pertaining to the KW kit would understand what I'm talking about.
Guys plz, I'm looking for some valuable info. @Sellout thanks for the info you posted above. I realize that I'm posting in the JR thread and might get some biased answers but these two kits are very similar and I think that myself and others would like to know which direction to head in and why. That's all.
TONYpepperon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #862
TONYpepperon1

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ
Quote:
Every kit includes some sort of unknown bonus that causes JR owners and sellers to derail every single thread in the FI section where someone is expressing interest in a KW system.

There are other slight differences in the kits that really don't mean much.
And what do you mean by unknown bonus.
TONYpepperon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #863
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLDYNASTi View Post
OK sweet. You would think when you google Jackson Racing Supercharger boost output it would show something other then just tech specs about the charger and give me actual outputs.
You might expect that, but the answer isn't so specific. With centrifugal superchargers, boost depends on engine rpm. So you will get 9psi for a portion of the rpm range, but boost will always be 9psi at that rpm. If the given pulley will produce 9psi at 7400 engine rpm, then as revs are lower so is boost.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 AM   #864
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLDYNASTi View Post
It REALLY depends on your ambient conditions. You can possibly see anywhere from 7psi to 11 psi, but most people will see 9-10. 7psi would be if you're in REALLY high elevation (e.g. going over the grapevine), and 11 psi would be if you're in death valley.

PSI is one of those YMMV things. You will never see the same PSI everywhere, no matter what forced induction kit you go with.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #865
Sellout
Mr. Cranky Pants

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYpepperon1 View Post
And what do you mean by unknown bonus.
It's a joke. Kind of.

When someone posts a thread about the KW kit there's a group of rabid JR fanboys on this forum that descend like wolves.
Sellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #866
Yui-Chan

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_cheese_beer View Post
Question, reading the manual it said u have to run compressed air through the lines to prime the oil for sc, how would you do that if you installed it in a house garage? Thanks in advance!
If you own an inflatable mattress (like one for traveling, camping, sleepovers) you can maybe use its' electric air pump to prime it. Idk if it's strong enough, but might work.

Y

Last edited by Yui-Chan; 09-01-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Yui-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yui-Chan For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #867
Yui-Chan

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Here's some questions (after finally updating myself with and finishing this lengthy thread lol):

I know it hasn't been made official and introduced yet (the upcoming Stage 2 or Version 2 JRSC upgrade)...but:

1. Will it still be CARB legal?

2. If No, then can you easily switch the "upgraded" Ver2/Stage2 parts, back to the original Ver1 parts and CARB tune, for when Smog day comes?

I know it hasn't been made official yet, but its obvious the key parts to improve power in the future upgrade update will include a smaller pulley (more boost), a new tune (CARB legal or not??), and maybe even a catless header and maybe a MAF or MAP upgrade. Which are all very easy parts to de-install, and revert back to the CARB/Ver1 parts, come smog day, fortunately.

Fututre upgrade Wishlist:
- Offer various JR Factory tunes with different header/exh configurations (EG: catless header with oem fp...catless header with catless fp...full catless system header, fp and catback..etc). CARB tune maps available on the side for people needing it on smog day. From what I've read so far, the JR CARB tune is quite impressive, which is why I am interested in more JR Factory tunes for diff header/exh configs. Not to mention making this kit completely plug-n-play
- Smaller pulley option.
Yui-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #868
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui-Chan View Post
Here's some questions (after finally updating myself with and finishing this lengthy thread lol):

I know it hasn't been made official and introduced yet (the upcoming Stage 2 or Version 2 JRSC upgrade)...but:

1. Will it still be CARB legal?

2. If No, then can you easily switch the "upgraded" Ver2/Stage2 parts, back to the original Ver1 parts and CARB tune, for when Smog day comes?

I know it hasn't been made official yet, but its obvious the key parts to improve power in the future upgrade update will include a smaller pulley (more boost), a new tune (CARB legal or not??), and maybe even a catless header and maybe a MAF or MAP upgrade. Which are all very easy parts to de-install, and revert back to the CARB/Ver1 parts, come smog day, fortunately.

Fututre upgrade Wishlist:
- Offer various JR Factory tunes with different header/exh configurations (EG: catless header with oem fp...catless header with catless fp...full catless system header, fp and catback..etc). CARB tune maps available on the side for people needing it on smog day. From what I've read so far, the JR CARB tune is quite impressive, which is why I am interested in more JR Factory tunes for diff header/exh configs. Not to mention making this kit completely plug-n-play
- Smaller pulley option.
There is no "stage 2" or "version 2". "Staged" upgrades make me think of Neon SRT4's, and Civics that have "stage 4 turbo kits".

You can always revert to CARB form with the CARB tune. All you need to do is put in the time or money required to swap the parts and tune.

Jackson Racing will not be releasing any additional tunes for various bolt-on setups. There are simply too many permutations. With just 5 header options, 5 overpipe options, 5 midpipe options, and 20 catback options, you're already at 2500 permutations. I'm just throwing out numbers; there are more than 5 of each of the above options. If you need a custom tune, then just go to the tuner of your choice, and get a tune.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Yui-Chan (09-01-2014)