follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #6343
djliquidsteele
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 496
Thanks: 55
Thanked 128 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I do have a couple questions though. On your tunes, where does the majority of the power lie? Do you tend to go low end grunt or top end speed. I have no other reference so I don't know how yours is different. My thought is, at least for my driving, is it possible to have second gear with a ton of low end grunt, 3/4/5 all high end (Like where the RPM would fall on each successive gear change to redline) and then 6th all mid range grunt for highway driving?
djliquidsteele is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #6344
mikalem
Senior Member
 
mikalem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 348
Thanks: 214
Thanked 146 Times in 97 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Sent.
Gave it a shot, the older map suits me better - the car seems to want to move starting about half throttle, the newer throttle map made me feel like I had to stand on it to get the same feeling - guess I can kinda explain it in that the two maps to me feel like the difference between a new and worn rubber band - very snappy on the older throttle map, the new seems a little looser in normal daily driving. My .02.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 WRB BRZ Limited "Belle"
Innovate SC STG2 Innercooled-70mm pulley DeliciousTuning/Moto-East Flex Fuel Tune
TOMEI UEL Header/Overpipe, Stock Midpipe, Perrin Resonated CB
RCE Yellows + RCE Front and Rear sway bars with TSW Nurburgring 18x8/BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 in 245/35/18
mikalem is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #6345
JiB
*
 
JiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: GT86
Location: Sydney
Posts: 845
Thanks: 525
Thanked 266 Times in 144 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ive been really happy with my tune and maps, dont think i will bother updating. Auto blip is so good
__________________
JiB is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #6346
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by djliquidsteele View Post
I do have a couple questions though. On your tunes, where does the majority of the power lie? Do you tend to go low end grunt or top end speed. I have no other reference so I don't know how yours is different. My thought is, at least for my driving, is it possible to have second gear with a ton of low end grunt, 3/4/5 all high end (Like where the RPM would fall on each successive gear change to redline) and then 6th all mid range grunt for highway driving?
If this was a turbo car we would adjust the boost ramp in etc since this isn't all you really can do is play with the throttle table, some tuners make it so when you barley touching the gas pedal the car actually has the throttle opened up all the way.

So I dont limit the power in any way or have a way to deliver the power in a different more effective way

I've made some changes to the throttle mapping mostly because of comments from some people, my original throttle mapping is very similar to stock. The newer mapping seemed very nice on a turbo car I did in-house a few weeks ago.

John
Visconti is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #6347
Fast_Freddy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Passat
Location: East Coast
Posts: 626
Thanks: 331
Thanked 187 Times in 130 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey John, I have your stage 2 tune and keep getting a P2096. I suspect that's because of the mini-cat I installed before getting the tune but was wondering how you correct for the primary cat deletion. Do you raise the rich threshold for the secondary O2 sensor or do you skew it's results to mimic the presence of a primary cat?


Great tune and thanks also to Pure Automotive for making it so easy.
Fast_Freddy is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #6348
Bahraini86
Senior Member
 
Bahraini86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Toyota GT86
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 404
Thanks: 166
Thanked 305 Times in 101 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love the new throttle mapping. Power is everywhere now with the new tune. She screams louder up top and rev-match is quicker now for some reason

Sent you a log, hope it helps, coz I never tried logging before

Loay
__________________
'73 240z Triple-Carbed '03 350z Supercharged (455whp) '09 135i Twin-Turbocharged (11.85@188km/hr)
Bahraini86 is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #6349
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahraini86 View Post
I love the new throttle mapping. Power is everywhere now with the new tune. She screams louder up top and rev-match is quicker now for some reason

Sent you a log, hope it helps, coz I never tried logging before

Loay
Thanks for the feedback

Let me know how it is as the throttle body performs it's learn

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Hey John, I have your stage 2 tune and keep getting a P2096. I suspect that's because of the mini-cat I installed before getting the tune but was wondering how you correct for the primary cat deletion. Do you raise the rich threshold for the secondary O2 sensor or do you skew it's results to mimic the presence of a primary cat?


Great tune and thanks also to Pure Automotive for making it so easy.
Do you have your own flash cable ?

John


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visconti is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #6350
mikalem
Senior Member
 
mikalem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 348
Thanks: 214
Thanked 146 Times in 97 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
John is it normal to see the advance multiplier fall during learning? Car sat overnight after the logging where that looked okay, logs this morning on the drive in and during freeway cruise I watched it drop from 1 to .54, then slowly start to climb up. Its currently sitting at .67, and sticking on shut down/restart. Plan on keeping an eye on it, I'll submit the logs tonight for you to look at. Logs showed 4 instances of -1 correction, at different points.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 WRB BRZ Limited "Belle"
Innovate SC STG2 Innercooled-70mm pulley DeliciousTuning/Moto-East Flex Fuel Tune
TOMEI UEL Header/Overpipe, Stock Midpipe, Perrin Resonated CB
RCE Yellows + RCE Front and Rear sway bars with TSW Nurburgring 18x8/BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 in 245/35/18
mikalem is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #6351
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikalem View Post
John is it normal to see the advance multiplier fall during learning? Car sat overnight after the logging where that looked okay, logs this morning on the drive in and during freeway cruise I watched it drop from 1 to .54, then slowly start to climb up. Its currently sitting at .67, and sticking on shut down/restart. Plan on keeping an eye on it, I'll submit the logs tonight for you to look at. Logs showed 4 instances of -1 correction, at different points.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
With less than good gas, yes.

If the advance multiplier settings are setup correctly in the rom the multiplier should jump down if the car can't consistently run full ignition advance.

FYI- the advance multiplier has a few strange settings that basically make t disabled on the stock tune. I've changed that.

Send a log in

John


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visconti is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #6352
post_break
Professional Smartass
 
post_break's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: White Out FRS
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 114
Thanked 608 Times in 308 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
What's up with the startup on flex fuel running around E30? It fires up and idles at a crazy high 2,000 rpm for a bit then seems to get louder at 1,500 rpm. It doesn't seem to do this on a higher ethanol level. Is that something you fixed with the 2.0 update?
post_break is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #6353
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
What's up with the startup on flex fuel running around E30? It fires up and idles at a crazy high 2,000 rpm for a bit then seems to get louder at 1,500 rpm. It doesn't seem to do this on a higher ethanol level. Is that something you fixed with the 2.0 update?
No change..

The loud noise is the OEM emission maps kicking in, retards the ignition timing to warm up the cats. It's a bunch of messy maps, trying to disable it causes more problems than it's worth

John


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visconti is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #6354
Yruyur
Senior Member
 
Yruyur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,192
Thanks: 1,416
Thanked 1,628 Times in 940 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Visconti is map switching available on flex fuel yet? Still running the dyno tune we did and loving it but miss the launch control.

E73 starts are getting harder now that it's getting to be winter.

Also noticed what seems to be a fuel cut once in a while wot in first gear around 6k. Was fearing it was ethanol doing bad things to the system. I'll try and log an event.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Yruyur is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #6355
post_break
Professional Smartass
 
post_break's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: White Out FRS
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 114
Thanked 608 Times in 308 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
@Visconti is map switching available on flex fuel yet? Still running the dyno tune we did and loving it but miss the launch control.

E73 starts are getting harder now that it's getting to be winter.

Also noticed what seems to be a fuel cut once in a while wot in first gear around 6k. Was fearing it was ethanol doing bad things to the system. I'll try and log an event.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
I have launch control in flex fuel. It appears I don't have flat foot shifting though. Found out the hard way.
post_break is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #6356
Visconti
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 05 STi
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 2,843
Thanks: 196
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
@Visconti is map switching available on flex fuel yet? Still running the dyno tune we did and loving it but miss the launch control.

E73 starts are getting harder now that it's getting to be winter.

Also noticed what seems to be a fuel cut once in a while wot in first gear around 6k. Was fearing it was ethanol doing bad things to the system. I'll try and log an event.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
What's your dongle ID?

I'll have a look at what's enabled / disabled.

Yeah get me that log and I'll see what's going on

Hard starts ? These cars are such a pain! If you only knew the things I have to do to make this car start with ethanol..

I have a few local flex fuel cars I'll have to ask them how it's starting and see if I can grab the car for the day or something

John


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Visconti is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Yruyur (11-26-2013)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LED Front Signals with Resistor Flash Correctors DarrenDriven Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 38 09-20-2012 02:05 PM
Brz Info/Specs (helpful info for questions asked often) Gaen Subaru BRZ General Forum 0 05-24-2012 10:09 PM
How to embed a flash gallery? DarrenDriven Site Announcements / Questions / Issues 2 04-24-2012 07:43 PM
Production Spec Subaru BRZ Previewed at National Conference & Latest Info/Rumors blur Subaru BRZ General Forum 130 09-01-2011 01:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.