follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #197
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
@camelflage I don't know which of the twins you have, but I have a BRZ and this is where I plugged in the add-a-fuse. This was an empty slot on my car. Bottom of picture is front of car.

To run the wire, I removed the side panel. Two catches at the top hold it in place, use a small screwdriver or pick to release them, then the panel slides up. The inner side of the panel has some ridges to grip the wire bundle. I used a razor knife to shave them down to make space for the add-a-fuse wire (would not fit otherwise). Routing the wire this way avoided notching the lid or box.
OK, was thinking that was the path but wanted to get some feedback. thanks!
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #198
supermike_84

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FT86SF bought

So I just bought the FT86SF lights--Looks great btw, although I had this mechanic install them and of course he couldnt get the blinkers to work--have to look into that now...

I am wondering what the exact diff on the Morimotos are too--as I just realized there were 2 choices. I am thinking part is the DRL lights maaybe--Wondering if it is thinner on the FT86SF and if the quality of the Xenon lights are different--Cuz I see a more expensive sale at the Morimoto website after checking out and seeing all the options. I wish there was just a good youtube vid that would just explain any differences. ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
Lol, yeah shipped. Coming in tomorrow.

We need to find ppl who ordered the FT86SF versions, so we can get a comparison going.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
supermike_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:28 PM   #199
supermike_84

LED headlights

I did too til I saw the new Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu View Post
They look good, but I prefer the DRLs running along the top rather the bottom.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:33 PM   #200
supermike_84

I just want to kno if there is a diff from Morimoto to the FT86SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlovestela View Post
I ordered mine last july 4 sale. Morimoto headlights with xb led fogs also.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:10 PM   #201
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermike_84 View Post
So I just bought the FT86SF lights--Looks great btw, although I had this mechanic install them and of course he couldnt get the blinkers to work--have to look into that now...

I am wondering what the exact diff on the Morimotos are too--as I just realized there were 2 choices. I am thinking part is the DRL lights maaybe--Wondering if it is thinner on the FT86SF and if the quality of the Xenon lights are different--Cuz I see a more expensive sale at the Morimoto website after checking out and seeing all the options. I wish there was just a good youtube vid that would just explain any differences. ugh.
There are actually three choices: Intec, Morimoto, and Ft86SpeedFactory. None of the three use any Xenon. They are all LED. I believe the basic housing and lens of all three is made by coplus with the lamp configuration decided by each “manufacturer”. I’m not sure if the final brand actually alters anything more than main lamp unit. If I recall correctly, Intec and Ft86SF both use dual LEDs in a stacked configuration for high and low beams, whereas the Morimoto uses a single LED projector with a traditional shutter.

I bought my Morimotos through The Retrofit Source for $750 which was less than FT86SF was selling there’s for at the time (though not less at the time of writing this).
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:23 AM   #202
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
These lights are all made by coplus. There's a gen 1 and gen 2. They are LED.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:34 PM   #203
supermike_84

So I got the FT 86FS versions and I can report the same deal about the DRL’s not as bright during the daytime but I read from other posts a good contrast between the main headlights and the DRL‘s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendraceshop View Post
Installed these on my FRS. The DRL's completely transform the look at night! I love the sequential turn signals as well. The DRL's aren't as bright as I expected in the daytime, but the light output from the Morimoto projectors is INCREDIBLE!

Old 02-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #204
ezion
Slowsauce

Drives: ‘20 S3, ‘13 FR-S
Got these, such an improvement over FR-S stock halogens. I don’t feel like I have old flashlights for headlights anymore, and can actually see down the road.
Attached Images

ezion is offline   Reply With Quote