follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #211
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
if the cops stopped people here for not using their turn signals they literally wouldn't have time for anything else and our courts would be on a 10 year backlog within a week.
Agreed. Actually, if you DO use your turn signals in Atlanta, it is a sign to all other drivers that you are WEAK and then they all go around you (about a hundred in a row, typically) at 85 mph+. The most insane drivers on the planet. But tickets? Not there. Who would they pull over?

meWant (02-01-2015)
Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #212
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejevans View Post
I have no tickets as of yet, and I hope I don't get any.

Oh, and I installed a Bel STi-R Plus and Blinder M47s. That helps too.
Do you actually use the laser jammer? I mean I have a cobra and use it all the time on the highways I have yet to find a state trooper in pa that uses lidar
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #213
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydriver View Post
Agreed. Actually, if you DO use your turn signals in Atlanta, it is a sign to all other drivers that you are WEAK and then they all go around you (about a hundred in a row, typically) at 85 mph+. The most insane drivers on the planet. But tickets? Not there. Who would they pull over?

truer words never spoken. a turn signal is a sure fire way to never be able to get over. NOBODY wants to get behind one more car. bunch of a-holes. mostly damned carpetbagger yankees from NY and Ohio.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
Cmorris8848 (06-30-2015)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #214
J_kennington

Drives: 2013 asphalt scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
if the cops stopped people here for not using their turn signals they literally wouldn't have time for anything else and our courts would be on a 10 year backlog within a week.
that being said I'm all for it.
Ain't that the damn truth. But, 90% of us atlantians that DO use blinkers, are also the ones going 15mph under the speed limit in the left lane. Who i despise so much....
2005 Yamaha yz250f
J_kennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #215
echo419

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_kennington View Post
Ain't that the damn truth. But, 90% of us atlantians that DO use blinkers, are also the ones going 15mph under the speed limit in the left lane. Who i despise so much....
do not get me started on those humans
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #216
beatgenie

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I haven't gotten any tickets yet but then again it's only been 3 months. Statistically speaking, our car is the third most pulled over car in the country.

I have noticed an increase in the amount of police officers getting into my lane behind me just to run my plates, then upon realizing its clean, they switch over to the next lane and pass me. I have spoken to an officer that confirmed our car is one that they pay attention too more than others, however he said I chose the right color (halo). If I were to choose any of the flashier colors, it could lead to trouble quicker.
beatgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #217
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I've only been pulled over once after nearly 2 years of ownership and ever increasing modifications. I got a ticket for having window tint in Nova Scotia. I have 35% tint all around, barely noticeable and completely legal where I'm from. The fine was enourmous considering the offence. I feel sorry for the NS owners on here, your traffic laws are ridiculous.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedFR-s For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #218
DFW-FRS

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadrielas View Post
I've been pulled over twice. First time was just after I bought the vehicle. Officer pulled me over, asked me to step out of the vehicle, then asked if he could get INTO the vehicle because he wanted to buy one for his daughter. Said he'd only buy her a manual trans and she'd only drive it if it was "cute". -- No ticket.
I'm sorry, but that police officer was totally out of line by asking you to step out of the vehicle just to see if he could sit in your car. We have a fourth amendment right that protects us from unreasonable search and seizure in the United States, and that officer has the audacity to use his badge as a tool for car shopping? You should have refused and asked him why he was asking you to step out in the first place. Luckily he wasn't trying to arrest you for anything, but unfortunately he will probably try to pull that stunt again. I may be overthinking it, but something about your post rubbed me the wrong way.
DFW-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DFW-FRS For This Useful Post:
FRSNewb (12-29-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #219
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW-FRS View Post
I'm sorry, but that police officer was totally out of line by asking you to step out of the vehicle just to see if he could sit in your car. We have a fourth amendment right that protects us from unreasonable search and seizure in the United States, and that officer has the audacity to use his badge as a tool for car shopping? You should have refused and asked him why he was asking you to step out in the first place. Luckily he wasn't trying to arrest you for anything, but unfortunately he will probably try to pull that stunt again. I may be overthinking it, but something about your post rubbed me the wrong way.
I was in the sticks of AZ and it honestly didn't really bother me that much aside from stopping me from getting to where I was going as timely. I'm old enough to remember when you still met the officer half way, and I get pulled over so few and far between there have been times I still do. Sadly this makes the officers really nervous because of society today.

Now, I should also state that I was in WI when I met the officers in the past and now I am in the Southwestern US. (California, NV, AZ, and UT)
Tcoat (12-19-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #220
Ddreder

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 1990 Miata
Garage
Im not gonna lie I got pinched on I90 at the end of one of my trips across the state.. Washington state patrol cheats.. Stupid lasers. The funny thing was that I have my snow tires on so I was doing the speed limit all the way home so that my tires didnt burn up. But when I was dropping into spokane the speed limit changes to 60mph and I was still cruising at 73mph when all of a sudden my nifty (worthless) CR90 detector let me know I was effed as a cruised by a WSP just chillin at the bottom of the hill. Moral of the story is! DO NOT SPEED on the freeway in washington state unless you have a laser jammer or an eagle eye because they will get you.. sooner or later..

Also I am not to upset because I could have been arrested for the speeds I was exceeding when I had my summer tires on.. Flying down the hill towards moses lake at 133mph could have been the end of me.. But I just had to see how fast it would go (I even chickened out.. could have gone faster.. )
Ddreder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #221
Alexgalarreta

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
108 in a 55
Court in 8 days.

Highly recommend to refrain from passing someone going downhill when you're already doing 15 above the limit.
Alexgalarreta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexgalarreta For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (01-05-2015)
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #222
echo419

I passed 2 state patrol cars facing my way while doing no less than doing 68 in a 55. they didn't even flinch. I dodged a bullet there.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #223
LANEY487

Drives: 2014 Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
yes firestorm is a cop magnet, i had mine at a redlight i was next to a white new corvette, and we both took off normal, not racing, not speeding or nothing, i usually take first gear up to 5k or so and shift and i guess since my exhaust is somewhat louder than that of the corvette, a cop pulled right out and pulled me over threatened to take me to jail and said literally "it looked like i was going 100mph" when i was doing 45.. i asked to see his radar, he said he didnt clock me at any speed but was going to write me a ticket for "exhibition of acceleration" this ticket is not legal in the state of texas anymore because a cop can pull anyone over for anything.
But in Amarillo TX its a city ordnance and they can do whatever they want, by the way the ticket was 275 dollars i went to court to try to fight it, however the judge said this was city ordinance. I was so mad.. I mean really wished I would of just tried racing the corvette now might of been cheaper ticket! lol
LANEY487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #224
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANEY487 View Post
yes firestorm is a cop magnet, i had mine at a redlight i was next to a white new corvette, and we both took off normal, not racing, not speeding or nothing, i usually take first gear up to 5k or so and shift and i guess since my exhaust is somewhat louder than that of the corvette, a cop pulled right out and pulled me over threatened to take me to jail and said literally "it looked like i was going 100mph" when i was doing 45.. lol
So was it really the colour or the exhaust that caught his attention? Or maybe a combo of the two?
I know I have had a few pull in behind me after a down shift got the exhaust note up there a bit. Could actually see a couple of them obviously check my plates on the computer but since my record is clean they must have decided to leave me alone.