follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Asphalt~86
Banned

Drives: Asphalt AT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Entire Drivers Side Electrical Panel completely dead

So I was driving down the road today and thought about cracking the windows and it didn't work at all. So I figured something might be up like a short turned the car off and turned it back on after I parked and nothing.

Passenger side window and locks worked just fine but drivers side had zero response completely. Dealership is closed so I will have to wait until tomorrow to talk to someone about all of it.
Asphalt~86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Lytheum

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
hopefully just a loose plug?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Surok
Wise old man

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
check the plug
Surok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
_hollywood

Drives: 97 itr sold
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My window buttons flash at night now every 3seconds and my windows dont go up the extra quarter inch when i shut the door, its cold here in
WI this window design is not meant for icy conditions, when i open my door it sounds like the window is gonna break off
FR-S #56 of 86 Raven MT ***FOR SALE***
_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _hollywood View Post
My window buttons flash at night now every 3seconds and my windows dont go up the extra quarter inch when i shut the door, its cold here in
WI this window design is not meant for icy conditions, when i open my door it sounds like the window is gonna break off
Mine did the same thing two days ago (MN) and now its all messed up. Someone said that to reset the windows (to stop them from flashing) to roll them all the way down until they click, then all the way back up. I have tried that, but the "auto" lights still flash and the wont auto up and down when the doors are opened and then closed. They are stuck in the vented position. This was a horrible design for winter. I thought we are suppose to be able to disable it???
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
CaptainSlow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just take it to the dealership. The car is under warranty...this is why. Take it to the dealership and get it repaired...FOR FREE.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Read the manual to do the reset
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Borgore
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Toyota FT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
Just take it to the dealership. The car is under warranty...this is why. Take it to the dealership and get it repaired...FOR FREE.
Sometimes a dealer is 50-100miles away and the hassle of leaving it with them to wait for a tech to repair the issue and then you get ****ed around, isnt worth the trouble of you being able to repair the issue yourself.
Borgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
CaptainSlow

You pay a lot of money for that ability, though...why just let it go to waste? Free diagnosis, free repair, free parts, and (most likely) a free loaner car while you wait. It's the little things you do now that you think you are "fixing" that may come back and kick you later on. A dealership may be more likely to "**** you around" once they've learned you've been doing your own repairs at home...gives them likely cause to deny your warranty claim because they can't guarantee that you weren't the one that messed it up in the first place.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
Borgore
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
You pay a lot of money for that ability, though...why just let it go to waste? Free diagnosis, free repair, free parts, and (most likely) a free loaner car while you wait. It's the little things you do now that you think you are "fixing" that may come back and kick you later on. A dealership may be more likely to "**** you around" once they've learned you've been doing your own repairs at home...gives them likely cause to deny your warranty claim because they can't guarantee that you weren't the one that messed it up in the first place.
I wasnt suggesting you service your vehicle yourself, merely that checking a fuse box and a few connectors cant do any harm.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
CaptainSlow

Well, if a fuse is blown that usually indicates something larger is going on. A fuse won't just blow for no reason. Also, I'm not 100% sure how it is on the FR-S (since I don't have the car yet), but most switches require some kind of disassembly of the surrounding trim pieces to get at. Would rather have a technician take on that responsibility...that way if a trim piece was scratched or broken in the process it's on them to replace it. I'm just saying for something that isn't just a normal wear item, you have the ability to get it checked out and repaired for free...why would you not want to take that offer? You only have that luxury for so long.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
RoryTate

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Have a look:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20754
RoryTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
_hollywood

Drives: 97 itr sold
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Im just sick of taking this thing into the dealer, i want to disable the auto roll up thing, its a very bad design for a car that will have ice over the windows, the window seal and my taillights having condensation are my only gripes though....
FR-S #56 of 86 Raven MT ***FOR SALE***
_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Borgore
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _hollywood View Post
Im just sick of taking this thing into the dealer, i want to disable the auto roll up thing, its a very bad design for a car that will have ice over the windows, the window seal and my taillights having condensation are my only gripes though....
The best window switch designs I've ever used is in the newer Euro cars, hands down. The switch's precise and positive feel aids to the drivers benefit and I never rolled a window all the way down when I want it cracked open a little. Its the small things that catch the owners attention.