follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
racer713

Drives: 16 V60 Polestar and 15 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Racer 713's DD Street/Track build

Hi guys,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Eric Santini. I have over 10 years experience on the track with motorcycles, but not a lot of track experience with cars. I would consider myself a beginner to intermediate track driver. I have autocrossed on and off since 1992. Two years ago I completed the Porsche Performance - two-day high-performance driving course at Barber Motorsports Park. That is what put me over the edge and created the need get a track car. Last March I purchased a 2015 FR-S and completed an Auto-X season in the FS class and attended 1 track night at NJMP.

This season I plan on doing at least two track days and possibly one autocross or time attack per month starting in March/April. I will use this car to commute 1-2 days a week, 106 miles round trip, mostly highway in fair weather. With some "spirited" Sunday drives thrown in too. Additionally, I am fielding a 90's Mazda 626 in the 24 Hours of Lemons series with some of my track buddies this May.

To date, the car has the following modifications.

Engine/exhaust:
TRD catback and catless Invida front pipe (Installed by the previous owner)
Perrin intake tube and K&N filter
Perrin oil coiler
(Berk HFC front pipe, ACE A-350 header, and Delicious tune coming soon)

Suspension:
RCE Tarmac 2 Coilovers, SPC LCAs and crash bolts for camber adjustment in the front

Wheels/tires:
Stock wheels wrapped in 215/45r17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec tires
(17x9 Apex Arc 8's and 245/40r17 Dunlop Direzza IIIs coming this weekend)

Brakes:
Winmax W5 pads with Project Mu G-four 335 brake fluid

I would like to thank CSG Mike, Myles and Derek at Race Comp Engineering and Mike and the Crew at AZP install for all of their help so far. All of you have been excellent to work with and are highly recommended.

This thread will highlight my mods and track experiences for the season.

Pics coming this weekend!
racer713 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to racer713 For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (08-15-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
racer713

A couple of updates. My new wheels and tires came in on Friday. I attached a few pics of the comparison of weight and size. Is anyone else running the Direzza III yet? If so what pressure are you running hot/cod at the track?

There is also a pic of the Perrin oil cooler that AZP installed. Instead of mounting it to the lower tray they mount it to the bumper beam. This seems like a much better option.

Last, a late night pic of the new wheels on the car. I cannot wait to clean her up. The weather has been garbage here in the North East. That is all for now. I should have some pics once I get my header.
Attached Images

Last edited by racer713; 04-07-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
racer713

More pics.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
The new wheels and tires transform the car! Once the tune and header are done you should have a wonderful beast to chuck around...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
racer713

It has been a while since I updated this thread as I have been pretty busy with work, installing mods, and hitting the track. Since my last post, I have attended 1 autocross, 3 Track Night in America events, and 1 North East 86 Cup Time Trial.

Additionally, when I was in Las Vegas for work I visited Dream Racing to take out a Lamborghini Gallardo GT Race Car. What an amazing experience! Top notch facility, insane cars, and great instructors. Reach out to Sergio if you are ever in Vegas. He will take good care of you.

For the 1st autocross and track night event at Pocono, the car was modded like my first post. The weather was still a little cold and I was getting used to the new set up so I did not push it that much. Overall it was a great improvement in grip and stability but It wasn't until the next round of mods that it really woke it.

Those consisted of the ACE Header 350 Type-A - Equal Length 4-2-1 Merged Header, Berk Technology 2.5" (63.5mm) High Flow Cat front pipe, and the EcuTek Delicious Tuning tune. Why did I wait so long to do this? Driveability was greatly increased, the torque dip was gone and it felt way more like a performance car. Thanks to Counter Space Garage for helping out with the order and keeping me informed. It took a while but it was worth it. Big thanks to Zach from Delicious Tuning. He was great to work with and tune feels spot on. No pics or dynos for this one since it has been so well documented by others.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #6
racer713

Vegas baby!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
racer713

I made it to the SCCA page. Just look at that point by technique! This was taken at Pocono.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to racer713 For This Useful Post:
pitbull008 (08-11-2018)