follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #113
Lokenzi

Drives: 2015 Blue.Series.BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unsure about the alerts. So they updated the drl.. no more adjustable brightness. . It's auto now! TY TO Mike and justin.. great customer service and weekly updates!

Rod.Blue.Series
iG: #Rodtography
Lokenzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #114
VMRamos

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I just received mine from FTEightySix. Not sure if this is their new batch or not, but if anything goes wrong, at least there's warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VMRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #115
VMRamos

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Garage
Update: The install video is no longer available. How do I go about this @DiodeDynamics?
VMRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #116
chermo12

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokenzi View Post
Unsure about the alerts. So they updated the drl.. no more adjustable brightness. . It's auto now! TY TO Mike and justin.. great customer service and weekly updates!
By auto, you mean the DRL's get dimmer when the headlights are ON?
And is there still jumpers to choose whether you want both on or off?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #117
NahumCC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
They haven't updated there website yet . I've been waiting for this on my 10 series since I prefer plug and play as much as possible to wire tapping.
NahumCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:46 AM   #118
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokenzi View Post
And most importantly, completely waterproof and shockproof! Unfortunately this meant no more adjustability, but we think it's at a good average level of brightness for the DIM function.

Both modules (BRZ and 10-series) will be fully in stock next week, and FINALLY will remain that way for a very long time.

Thanks!
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 AM   #119
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B$ View Post
What...I didn't see, Been waiting forever. How do you get emailed when the product is available

Just got mine installed, love these
Old 01-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #120
piotrr

Drives: wrb brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone order EU/AU/JDM module lately? Me and my friend got EU modules (new version - without the adjustable brightness), both had the same 'no DRL' issue.

After i emailed them, they took the product off the site. No idea if there are problems with USDM version, but i see it's not available either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD
I'm truly sorry to hear you are having issues with your kit. We are getting reports that there may be an issue with the newest board design on these that might be causing this issue. For this reason we have removed these from being available until we can run these through engineering and figure out the root cause.
piotrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:14 AM   #121
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Garage
Ordered full led set and now these are unavailable hopefully they can get some where both are at full brightness whenever they get more in stock. I enjoyed having both drl's on at full brightness
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:14 AM   #122
Whyden

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
Did anyone order EU/AU/JDM module lately? Me and my friend got EU modules (new version - without the adjustable brightness), both had the same 'no DRL' issue.

After i emailed them, they took the product off the site. No idea if there are problems with USDM version, but i see it's not available either.
I had the USDM version and had the same issue, the replacement module they sent did not work either.
Whyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #123
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Still showing out of stock. Any updates?
Irace86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:45 AM   #124
Deathalo

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Limited Manual BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
And most importantly, completely waterproof and shockproof! Unfortunately this meant no more adjustability, but we think it's at a good average level of brightness for the DIM function.

Both modules (BRZ and 10-series) will be fully in stock next week, and FINALLY will remain that way for a very long time.

Thanks!
Interesting you say that now, I just installed mine and noticed they don't dim AT ALL when the headlights are on, the DRLs stay the same brightness. I do think the DRLs are dimmer now than before (haven't tested yet but planning on unplugging one side to be sure) but I didn't want them just dimmer all the time, that wasn't the point of this, the point was to have them at MAX brightness during the day when the headlights are off, and then have them dim when the headlights are on so as not to blind on-comming at night, what's the deal DD? You guys neglected to update the product page too, still states "Additionally, this module uses PWM dimming in order to automatically dim the DRLs to 50% power when you turn on your headlamps, just like many OEM vehicles, so the DRL isn't too bright at night." which seems incorrect now. (plus there's that video showing adjustable modes which is also no longer available)
Deathalo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deathalo For This Useful Post:
Irace86 (02-14-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #125
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
Interesting you say that now, I just installed mine and noticed they don't dim AT ALL when the headlights are on, the DRLs stay the same brightness. I do think the DRLs are dimmer now than before (haven't tested yet but planning on unplugging one side to be sure) but I didn't want them just dimmer all the time, that wasn't the point of this, the point was to have them at MAX brightness during the day when the headlights are off, and then have them dim when the headlights are on so as not to blind on-comming at night, what's the deal DD? You guys neglected to update the product page too, still states "Additionally, this module uses PWM dimming in order to automatically dim the DRLs to 50% power when you turn on your headlamps, just like many OEM vehicles, so the DRL isn't too bright at night." which seems incorrect now. (plus there's that video showing adjustable modes which is also no longer available)
Hello,

The module dims when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. They are still pretty bright at night, but they're dimmed. If yours is not dimming at all, please contact us. The only change is that it is not adjustable.

For everyone else- we are now seeing a problem where some relays (the extra brown relay itself) don't make full contact in the fuse holder socket. It is extremely frustrating because we are having a very hard time testing for it- it seems to be on a vehicle by vehicle basis. We are actively testing a number of BRZs in order to determine exactly why the relay is not making connection.

Thank you.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
Irace86 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #126
B$

Drives: Monogram Whiteout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Hello,

The module dims when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. They are still pretty bright at night, but they're dimmed. If yours is not dimming at all, please contact us. The only change is that it is not adjustable.

For everyone else- we are now seeing a problem where some relays (the extra brown relay itself) don't make full contact in the fuse holder socket. It is extremely frustrating because we are having a very hard time testing for it- it seems to be on a vehicle by vehicle basis. We are actively testing a number of BRZs in order to determine exactly why the relay is not making connection.

Thank you.
Any update for the FR-S Always-On..? I've been patiently waiting for months (just checked my last PM to you guys).
B$ is offline   Reply With Quote