follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2023, 01:25 AM   #29
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
These tunes operate nothing like the stock mode. Idling at temp, stock logic engages full DI. My rail pressure tracks steadily with target.
I'll deal with that later with my tuner.
Now regarding the stalling and long crank. Think we may have found the issue.
The fuel pump replacement on the AEM pump is missing additional o-ring?
I had the engine idle for few minutes. turned it off and removed the fuel line for compression test.
Guess what?
No fuel? like just a couple of drops.. I mean i literally just turned it off and the car should hold pressure.
So I went straight the fuel tank and did the compression there to make sure the fuel line isn't leaking along the way (from the pump).
I got same result (pressure is only up to like 30psi and then drops right back to 0). I finally discovered that the pump is missing missing o-ring which is (probably causing the long crank as far as I know). Now, I won't jump into full conclusion if that's what's causing the stalling after reaching driving temp but I'm betting it's might be.
We shall see once i reassembly things ~ waiting on the fuel kit.
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ojuniour For This Useful Post:
bcj (11-08-2023), FR-S2GT86 (11-08-2023), Spuds (11-08-2023), Ultramaroon (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 01:47 AM   #30
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,520 Times in 18,921 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
We shall see once i reassembly things ~ waiting on the fuel kit.
Oooo... Yes. Very interesting. ...and plausible!
Old 11-09-2023, 11:28 PM   #31
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Alright lads and gents. I've updated the original Post for the update.

Thanks for the continued input. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future 😤

whatever you guys think of the current logs?
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 02:43 AM   #32
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
UPDATE:

Well upon close inspection, it was the fuel pump not properly installed. it was missing additional o-ring and the fuel pump container wasn't snapped down properly into the fuel cannister (only one out of three was snapped in place). That's the issue for the fuel starvation.
Now mind you i was already having this issue prior to the new pump...but since then I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor (tested it and no ohms and the magnetic force was weak compared to the new replacement), one of the camshaft sensor that was leaking oil, and high pressure fuel pump. So Anyone one of those could have fixed the original issue after the [low pressure] fuel installation.

The next stage now is the figure out why I'm still getting those misfires on cold start and when tapped on the gas for split second. I'll post the logs for those later.

Here is the current logs i took today after the fuel pump fix (so sign of vacuum leak or something else):
fuel trim acts according to rpm /acceleration angle:
Cruising logs:
https://datazap.me/u/ojuniour/cruisi...ta=40-52-57-60
as you can se the massive positive fuel trim.

Idle logs:
https://datazap.me/u/ojuniour/idling...ta=40-52-57-60

so far the target fuel pressure target seems to now be on point with the current pressure.
For the idle log:

https://datazap.me/u/ojuniour/idling...88-93&mark=961

I highlighted every perimeter that seems to be cycling with the idle.

--Your fuel rail pressure is hitting the 4 mpa target.
--No misfires
--Fuel trims seem to be within acceptable levels, but I am not a tuner, so take that with a grain of salt. I see people saying within 10% as normal. The LTFT is negative, but this could be because of the repeated oscillations in fuel delivery making things rich, so the system is trying to reduce fuel. The STFT should oscillate back and forth to make fine adjustments and to keep the catalytic converter happy at idle.
--Idle is oscillating, but I don't know if it is really noticeable oscillating between 800-850 rpms. Seems like the spark, injector, target map, are all adjusting, and we see maf increase, map increase, and fuel increase to meet the adjustments. The idle speed control (ISC) system per ECUTEK (I believe that is what ISC acronym is referring to) is confusing me. I don't really know what it is because the DBW system would control the throttle, but the throttle is staying "closed" or isn't fluctuating, so our cars do not have the typical air control valve or something to bypass the throttle, unless I am wrong; the system seems to be making corrections or responding cyclically inline with the other parameters.

https://datazap.me/u/ojuniour/idling...56-80-82-88-93

--I'm confused why your target is oscillating with your actual AFR. My target is locked at 14.7 at idle, and my actual is slowly moving up and down within 0.05-0.10, but you are hitting 0.5 and are oscillating oddly. What is changing the target AFR or why isn't it locked at 14.7 at idle? I don't know.

https://datazap.me/u/ojuniour/idling...8-93&mark=1449

--The oxygen sensor seems to be fluctuating, but I don't know if this is normal with a changing idle, or if the oxygen sensor is sensing a leak, which is causing the idle fluctuations. Chicken or the egg scenario.

For the other logs:

--Fuel rail pressure is matching target now.
--No misfires.
--Long term fuel trim is much too high. System is lean and trying to add fuel. This suggests a vacuum leak to me or exhaust leak near the O2 sensor. Maybe something between your MAF and TB. Do that smoke test and exhaust manifold test like I mentioned on texts.
norcalpb (11-12-2023)