follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #43
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgi0424 View Post
I bought it brand new with 12 miles on it, and it now has just 650 or so. I don't want to be "pretty happy", I want to be ecstatic with my purchase of a new car, you know? lol. I hate to sound like such a bitch but like jeez, we DO buy new cars for a reason, don't we? So that all of this crap can be avoided unless it's caused by the owner?

Please don't think i'm lashing out at you! I'm just going to have to talk to them and convince them it wasn't me, and that this car has one too many faults for it to be sold as "new". I doubt i'm the only one who doesn't want a new car with resprayed body panels. When it comes time to sell it, that will all have to be disclosed because if it's done at a dealership, carfax will be notified.
used is used.. and it sucks many monkey butts.

i bought a brand new brz limited in january. about a month ago, a chick decided to not pay attention to her stop sign and blew through it right in front of me. car was totaled, her insurance gave me $6k less because now it's legally a used car. i turned around and bought another new brz limited, because i was very happy with the car. but now i'm out $6k. because another driver can't drive.

legally, a non-titled vehicle is always considered new, a titled vehicle is considered used. that's it, it really is that black and white. they might reduce the price because of mileage if it was a loaner or a demo, but that's it.

if they had caught the paint imperfections/damage before you bought the car, they would have sent the car off to be repainted anyways, and you wouldn't have even known the car had repainted parts.. that is how cars are handled by dealers.

would you knowingly buy a car that was borrowed from a dealer for an auto show, where everyone sat in it, played with it, and it got wiped down with the same dirty rag for hours on end? most people wouldn't. but those cars are all sold later, because they go back to the dealership they were borrowed from, and the dealer reconditions them-- they replace the seats the kids tore up, they buff the paint to get rid of the scratches, and then they put it on the showroom, and sell it, most of the time with no one knowing any better about where the car had been.

also, i don't believe you fully understand how carfax works, and i also believe you have been lead like many others to believe that carfax is the end-all-be-all in car history reports. that is not the case at all. trust it carefully, and never fully.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/trust...ry?id=18731208

i would need to research it more, but i don't believe that something like paint repair would show up on a carfax report, as they mostly look for damage that usually involves an incident with a filed police report. as in that link, there is also absolutely no guarantee that even if it should be on that report, that it will be on the report...
giorgi0424 (06-28-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
giorgi0424

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
used is used.. and it sucks many monkey butts.

i bought a brand new brz limited in january. about a month ago, a chick decided to not pay attention to her stop sign and blew through it right in front of me. car was totaled, her insurance gave me $6k less because now it's legally a used car. i turned around and bought another new brz limited, because i was very happy with the car. but now i'm out $6k. because another driver can't drive.

legally, a non-titled vehicle is always considered new, a titled vehicle is considered used. that's it, it really is that black and white. they might reduce the price because of mileage if it was a loaner or a demo, but that's it.

if they had caught the paint imperfections/damage before you bought the car, they would have sent the car off to be repainted anyways, and you wouldn't have even known the car had repainted parts.. that is how cars are handled by dealers.

would you knowingly buy a car that was borrowed from a dealer for an auto show, where everyone sat in it, played with it, and it got wiped down with the same dirty rag for hours on end? most people wouldn't. but those cars are all sold later, because they go back to the dealership they were borrowed from, and the dealer reconditions them-- they replace the seats the kids tore up, they buff the paint to get rid of the scratches, and then they put it on the showroom, and sell it, most of the time with no one knowing any better about where the car had been.

also, i don't believe you fully understand how carfax works, and i also believe you have been lead like many others to believe that carfax is the end-all-be-all in car history reports. that is not the case at all. trust it carefully, and never fully.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/trust...ry?id=18731208

i would need to research it more, but i don't believe that something like paint repair would show up on a carfax report, as they mostly look for damage that usually involves an incident with a filed police report. as in that link, there is also absolutely no guarantee that even if it should be on that report, that it will be on the report...
awesome input, man. thanks.

Here's my update. I took the car to the dealership, GM came out happy to see me, I said the car has been treating me well and I love it, but pointed out the paint issue. He said it's no problem and they'll schedule me to take the car to the body shop and get repaired. Also said that if there's any damage the bumper will be replaced, and the also said they'll have the ding removed with PDR. Awesome! Additionally, they said I'll be able to get a loaner car while the car is in the shop.

Now all I'm waiting for is for my salesman to notify me when I can bring the car in. Thanks everyone for your input!

Cheers
giorgi0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to giorgi0424 For This Useful Post:
ntron1 (06-28-2014)

Tags
brz, damage, issues, paint