follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #29
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroschi View Post
That's why I share it with you guys as well. But I have to say, it's probably the last time I post anything here

Never had such a hostile forum experience and I am on at least 9 car forums.

Anyways
No need to get your knickers in a knot. You touched on everything every other reviewer has already said. You even hit the golden standard of "would be better with more power".

To touch on the "hostile forum experience", you joined up to push your review, then got butt hurt when people called you out on monetizing your videos. If you're making money from views, while adding near nothing to the experience, you should be playing by the same rules as the vendors. And at least nearly every vendor on this site has been here for a while and contributes to the site in some positive way.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #30
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
You seriously think we leave the traction control on when we try do drift the car?
Yes.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #31
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
@Kgroschi, enjoyed the review, seemed like an honest opinion about an honest basic car.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #32
Kgroschi

Drives: I test many cars
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxkJEeUGMk"]Toyota GT86/ Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ - Performance Driving with Heel and Toe Camera - YouTube[/ame]
Kgroschi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kgroschi For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (06-03-2016), Mim (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #33
S84kam

Drives: FBRZS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
nice review i liked it
S84kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #34
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S84kam View Post
nice review i liked it
Thank you sir
Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #35
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The fact you are willing to respond to criticism, whether good or bad, and not degrade yourself by turning to petty arguing is sign enough that you are a respectable contributor. At least in my eyes anyway.

Forums are, after all, places of discussion where people share their views. You also need to appreciate the higher proportion of older contributors here. Not speaking for every one, but as I myself get older (40 btw) I find myself yearning for quality rather than quantity, kinda sums up a twin now that I think about it, but I digress.

As I myself get older I feel the need to be more vocal about what I like and don't like. In general I think the vast majority of the community on our site is very enthusiastic about the twins and being long time contributors are simply more vocal than other forums you may have posted to. We are a passionate bunch when it comes to the twins.

I'm hoping this didn't come across in a weird awkward mess!

Either way keep posting. I like your vids
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Kgroschi (06-05-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #36
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
The fact you are willing to respond to criticism, whether good or bad, and not degrade yourself by turning to petty arguing is sign enough that you are a respectable contributor. At least in my eyes anyway.

Forums are, after all, places of discussion where people share their views. You also need to appreciate the higher proportion of older contributors here. Not speaking for every one, but as I myself get older (40 btw) I find myself yearning for quality rather than quantity, kinda sums up a twin now that I think about it, but I digress.

As I myself get older I feel the need to be more vocal about what I like and don't like. In general I think the vast majority of the community on our site is very enthusiastic about the twins and being long time contributors are simply more vocal than other forums you may have posted to. We are a passionate bunch when it comes to the twins.

I'm hoping this didn't come across in a weird awkward mess!

Either way keep posting. I like your vids
Haha ok! Understood!

I work my butt off to produce these videos and like to share them with people who are enthusiastic about cars, just like I am. If anybody thinks you make money with a couple thousand of views on Youtube, then they should do more research. Anything under a couple hundred thousand views on a regular bases, won't even cover your expenses. But again, if any admin thinks I broke some forum rules then it's my bad and I have no problem if this gets deleted

I appreciate your comment though! Thanks!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:45 AM   #37
joe strummer

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Never had such a hostile forum experience and I am on at least 9 car forums.
Imagine if you didn't like the car.

Nice review.
Kgroschi (06-05-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #38
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I work my butt off to produce these videos and like to share them with people who are enthusiastic about cars, just like I am. If anybody thinks you make money with a couple thousand of views on Youtube, then they should do more research. Anything under a couple hundred thousand views on a regular bases, won't even cover your expenses.
That's just it, I think you still are misunderstanding what people have mentioned to you.

Commercial posts, by nature, are designed to sell a product or service to an audience. Just because you don't make money on views is irrelevant... it's the fact that so far everything you've posted meets the criteria of a commercial post.

Again, if you were someone who owned or had interest in the car, participated on the forums, and produced/shared video on the side, then no one would care. But the way you posted this video seems like a random, friendly guy who is soliciting people for info about a product/service in a mall food court, and even though you are not annoying anyone, your actions are technically still in violation of the posted rules. And in case you wonder what the posted rules are:

Quote:
8) No Commercial Posts We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us. Groupbuys may only be posted by or on behalf of a site sponsor.
I for one don't care about what your video content. I just find an issue with your claim that this "has nothing to do with a commercial purpose." You can't say you are producing videos for fun, then 1) mention in a subsequent post that it costs a lot of money, 2) monetize your video stream, and 3) claim it has nothing to do with a commercial purpose even though views and likes will increase your revenue stream. If no action is taken, then there's nothing to worry about.

The off-hand comment about me seeming not a car enthusiast is quite absurd. I make no judgments about you as a person and what you are passionate about, the very least I expect of a true automotive enthusiast (even a journalist, as you seem to be given your stated profession) is mutual respect towards others who know a thing or two about cars.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #39
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
You should turn off traction control completely. I can clearly hear the ABS actuation.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #40
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
You should turn off traction control completely. I can clearly hear the ABS actuation.

-alex
Thanks. That's a different video though from the review. I turned it of once or twice but don't leave it off the entire way up. I normally drive very high performance cars in which you shouldn't just leave the TC off for a run up a mountain in cold temps. It might catch you faster than you could react on one of the straights. Since the GT86 is rather weak, I probably could have left it off the entire way. But again... I have to test these cars, with and without TC.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #41
Kgroschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe strummer View Post
Imagine if you didn't like the car.

Nice review.
Haha yeah. So I probably shouldn't get into many more Toyota's I guess
Old 06-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #42
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Quote:
Haha yeah. So I probably shouldn't get into many more Toyota's I guess
Actually. I'd be interested in seeing a more extended test to compare say a 13 to a 15 and then to the up coming 17 release. Now that would be something very relevant and cool. At least to me anyway.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automotive, germany, groschi, review