follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
KI_ZN6

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking >>> High Performance HID Systems for FR-S & D4 HID Bulbs for BRZ *3 YRS warranty*

2013+ Scion FR-S HID System &
2013+ Subaru BRZ factory HID headlight upgrade

The PlatinumR HID System and EuroR V3 HID System are the two most-popular HID systems for 2013+ Scion FR-S (available for low beams and foglights).

PlatinumR High Performance Slim HID System

(competitively priced at $129.99 with FREE SHIPPING included within US and Canada)

CLICK HERE to learn more about this HID System

What's Included

One pair H11 WRT HID bulbs (CHOOSE COLOR)
One pair PlatinumR High Performance Slim ballasts
Installation hardware for ballasts (3M adhesive tape) and zip ties
1 year full replacement warranty

HID Ballasts (non CAN-BUS)

Ballasts play an important role in delivering power smoothly to the bulbs. The PlatinumR ballasts come with newer ballast technology and loads of safety mechanisms that are not found in many generic ballasts.

TECHNOLOGY: These ballasts feature AC digital technology and sophisticated circuit for better compatibility with newer vehicles. A high quality ballast incorporates anti-flicker technology, quick start technology and consistent performance with zero power interruptions.

SAFETY MECHANISMS: Advanced features found in these ballasts include reverse polarity protection, interference protection with built-in EMI filter and hot restrike protection. The main circuit is also shielded from the static produced by voltage bursts on initial start up. These safety features should not be overlooked because it offers protection for your vehicle's electrical components and translates to a longer ballast lifespan.

IGNITER: The heavy-duty external igniter unit provides power to the HID bulbs. It is waterproofed and shockproofed to withstand changing temperatures and vibrations from driving.

ASSEMBLY: For added durability, the ballast is fully potted, meaning rubber (epoxy) injection completely seals the ballast. There are no air pockets inside the ballast once it is completed sealed. Proper sealing eliminates condensation issues caused by cold weather and humid environments. A sealed ballast therefore provides maximum waterproofing and shockproofing to ensure that it will withstand extreme temperatures, debris and undesirable elements. The ballast can be fully submerged into water to prove that it is completely sealed.

CASE / HOUSING: A super compact (slim) ballast design is not only sleek but also results in easier installation for vehicles with limited engine space. The ballast case/housing is made with pure aluminum (not recycled aluminum) for extra durability and features a brushed silver finish. Given our strict manufacturing standards and rigorous quality assurance, each ballast carry a unique serial number (barcode) for continuous quality control.

You may have heard of instances where HID headlamps may shutoff without notice and the quick fix is to shutoff and turn on the HID headlamps. This is an indication that the ballasts may be overheated, experiencing power interruptions, irregular wave bands affecting power delivery. Therefore, we high recommend a high quality ballast to avoid running into problems and settle with a quality HID system that will be a worthwhile investment. By choosing a quality HID system, you can avoid spending twice when an inferior HID kit has to be replaced with a new HID kit.

It is important to note that majority of Japanese vehicles do not require CAN-BUS ballasts. The PlatinumR ballast is not equipped with CAN-BUS technology as it is not a prerequisite for many Japanese vehicles, such as the Scion FR-S. CAN-BUS ballasts are required for many European vehicles to resolve compatibility issues associated with sensitive on-board computers (OBCs). Undoubtedly, the PlatinumR ballasts shares many great features and components found on high-end premium ballasts, without the high price tag of CAN-BUS ballasts. As such, the PlatinumR ballasts are priced competitively and outperform many generic ballasts on the market.

Bulbs

Unlike many HID bulbs on the market, the WRT HID bulbs are differentiated its carefully-selected components and manufacturing standards. These bulbs are manufactured by one of the leading HID manufacturers on the market, known for their expertise, experience and reputation for HID lighting. During manufacturing, state-of-the-art equipment is used to ensure that each bulb produced meets strict manufacturing and rigorous quality standards. The key component of an HID bulb is the glass tube (burner). Each bulb features a UV quartz glass burner, heavy duty electrode and premium metallic salts. The precise alignment of the UV quartz glass burner and electrode results in optimal light output and uniform light distribution. The premium metallic salts in the inner filament (round element) creates excellent color accuracy, effective salt vaporization and maximum luminosity when the metallic salts are ignited. Other features include rubber grommets to reinforce the wiring and AMP male and female connectors for a seamless installation. The bulb’s base is made with high strength PPS material (compound) for improved durability, stability and superb fitment with the headlamp housing. The use of AMP male/female connectors reduces installation time and results in a water-tight connection. We have seen many poorly made HID bulbs on the market that exhibit short lifespan, flickering issues, insufficient light output, and hit-and-miss color output. The WRT HID bulbs, when used in conjunction with one of our quality ballasts, will outperform many generic HID systems on the market. Simply put, the WRT HID bulbs provide maximum brightness, accurate color temperature, and proven reliability.

Color Temperatures

We offer a wide range of HID bulb color temperatures, including 3000k, 4300k, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k and 10000k. The WRT HID bulbs offer color accuracy by using premium metallic salts and has 2500 - 3000 hours of life expectancy.

> 3000k – produces a pure yellow color and most ideal for foglight applications
> 4300k – produces a soft, warm white color and offers optimal useable light as recommended by automobile manufacturers (OEM factory HID color)
> 5000k – produces a pure white color and offers excellent useable light without the yellow hue found in the 4300k color
> 6000k – produces a super white color with a slight hint of blue and this color is the most popular color because it matches very closely with LED lighting
> 8000k – produces a white light with some blue light and there will be a slight trade-off for useable light (excellent choice if you prefer the blue hue)
> 10000k – produces white and blue light and this is mainly for “show” purposes (recommended off-road use only) and therefore it is not recommended as driving lights as there is a considerable amount of blue light and visibility is sacrificed

Relay Harness (OPTIONAL)

A relay harness is not a required component for proper installation and effective operation of the HID system. A relay harness serves the main purpose of drawing power directly from the vehicle’s battery terminals/posts and delivery full 12 volt power to the HID system. As such, the HID system is not powered from the OEM headlamp socket and wiring harness. It is not a necessity nor a prerequisite to install a relay harness for a HID system operating as low beam driving lights. The main advantage of using the relay harness to power the HID system is that the relay harness comes with reinforced, heavy duty wiring and a ground wire for constant power delivery. However, a relay harness is not required in many cases because high quality ballasts have the technology, components and safety mechanisms to ensure a smooth operation and consistent power delivery.

EuroR V3 Advanced Ultra Slim HID System (3 year replacement warranty)

(competitively priced at $169.99 with FREE SHIPPING included within US and Canada)

CLICK HERE to learn more about this HID System

We offer a number of HID bulbs for upgrading the factory D4 OEM HID bulbs.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Factory D4 OEM HID Bulb Upgrade for Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S (limited edition models - Monogram, 1.0 Series, Series 10).

Customer Reviews:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRazy604 View Post
Just got this conversion kit, got them installed and they're awesome!
Also they're very knowledgeable about their products
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFRS88 View Post
I ordered the FR-S LED set included license plates, trunk, reverse lights, dome lights, and 6000K C-Stars HID kits and I am a completely satisfied customer! Thanks for the easy upgrades! I just want to say that HID_Powerhouse product and service is the best. I would recommend to everyone who would like to do some upgrade for their car cosmetic modification =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sau View Post
Everything worked perfectly and the lights were noticably bright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuck View Post
lights are awesome, thanks again!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsGarrador View Post
Just got my fog hid kit in the mail today! Looks great and as always you guys have treated me amazing! Pretty soon every light I have will be by you all.... wait.... they already are! xD Thanks again for doing my car up! Everyone loves it and I keep sending people your way. If you are still on the fence about their products, take my word, they are worth it and amazing. Just check my journal for pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuck View Post
I second that. All my lights are from him, they are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkY in Vcr View Post
I... 'third' that?
I got the 6000k put in a couple of weeks ago, and the visiblilty is much better.

Standing outside of the car, it doesn't seem all that bad. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 before this, and these are comparable to the stock HIDs I had.

I also picked up his reverse lights to swap out with the cree-type that didn't work all that great. Much better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRi J View Post
The pictures don't do the justice but my gawd these lights make such a difference! I got the PlatinumR Slim Kit and they are amazing! The area of lighting is improved and no one flashed at me for any glare. I let my mom drive my car and I had her follow me in her car. I didn't see any annoying glare myself in the rearview. So when I lower the car it'll be perfect!

The lights go well in the headlights and it was an easy installation. I got some great advice from KI_ZN6. The setup is by Toyota of course so it has the reverse polarity. So you'll have to install the headlights with the polarity switched which they can provide you with the info with no hassle.

Definitely a great company to work with and awesome customer service. I'm going to be doing business with them again to complete the rest of my lighting on the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
Awesome seller! Saw the HID's on his FR-S in a mall parkade, stopped him and met up with me later. Was willing to deliver locally! Great guy, great HID's and great communication. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
loving the lights. above the cutoff looks bad in the pix, but i never see it on the back of other cars so i cud care less

CLICK HERE to see all HID Systems we offer and compare between the different models

If you have any questions, please feel free to send us a private message OR
email us (info@hidpowerhouse.com) for assistance.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by KI_ZN6; 08-16-2015 at 02:49 AM.
KI_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KI_ZN6 For This Useful Post:
IgamaS (03-10-2015)
Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
KI_ZN6

All PMs and emails replied. Orders will be shipped out in a few hours. Thanks
Old 01-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
KI_ZN6

Talking

Thanks for ordering
Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
KI_ZN6

All PMs and emails replied, thanks for ordering
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
KI_ZN6

Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
KI_ZN6

Thumbs up

One more week left for our EuroR Advanced Ultra Slim HID Kit
(January special).
Only a few sets left!!!

For those who have ordered, thanks
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #7
KI_ZN6

All PMs and emails replied
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
KI_ZN6

Thanks for ordering! Have an awesome weekend
Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
KI_ZN6

Old 01-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
KI_ZN6

PMs and emails replied, thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #11
KI_ZN6

Old 01-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
KI_ZN6

Old 01-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #13
KI_ZN6

Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #14
KI_ZN6

EuroR HID Kit special pricing for this month ending this week (thanks for those who ordered this month!!!)

Tags
5000k, 6000k, brz, fr-s, hids