follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #29
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Here you go, I even gave the 86 a massive advantage here with brake tq start. Kia Soul Standing start. Kia is still about 5MPH faster.

Both doing standing start Kia is 10MPH faster which is how normal people on the street launch. Anything else troll?
I was in the cars back to back, why would I lie about it just to fulfill some agenda to make the 86 look slow, right. Anything else message me or email me.

Oh how I love the forum ragers, I spent well over two years contributing here sharing data no one would share including many of the half ass tuners. Putting to bed plenty of non sense with DI phobia, oil pressure knowledge and so much more. But there is always a few people like you who come out of the woodwork, those who passionately hate someone and loathe them so much that instead of ignoring you watch and post about it. Your time and energy wasted on this is more than troubling. Its a confirmation that trolling is alive and well. Where are your videos, contributions good or bad?

There are certain people who tie their self worth to their material possesions, car people are in fact some of the craziest types. Clearly you have been triggered beyond belief and instead of being a typical internet **** swinger if you want to talk about it you can contact me anytime offline, my contact info is on the website or you can IM me.

Lastly here is the hub/wheel bearing at 15k miles that would not come out, totally laughable. In fairness our area uses various degrees of salt solution but still, come on.
Oh yes that was a highly scientific measurement of speed and totally believable. Your methodology trumps the rated speeds?

Sure the unpainted treated steel rusted. Wow what a surprise. Would exactly the same on any other car. This does not make it a "rust bucket".

LOL where are my contributions? So you made some obnoxious videos and stated your opinion as fact. Your opinion is valid but anybody else's is trolling? Really? I have not been "triggered" to anything. Your video was posted. I expressed my dislike of it. End of story. As far as "wasted time and energy on this" I spent about 30 seconds on it and moved on. You should do the same. Goodbye.
Guru Woodman (01-22-2017), why? (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 03:27 AM   #30
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #31
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I was expecting it to be horrible based on the replies in here... But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The only things that really stood out were the somewhat ridiculous comparisons (the Kia and the Porsche comparison) and the slight over dramatizations of the "issues".
Not too sure what the mechanic was supposed to add to the video...

Everything else was just delivered in a way to provoke a response it seems (dramatic).

Overall, his comments/opinions were on point for the most part.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:35 AM   #32
guybo
Huge E85 fan!

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
IMHO the best review for the Twins (actually several reviews and camparos) is from everyday driver. If you want to hear 2 guys talk about the pros and cons of the 86 watch their videos.

They love the car but realize something is missing. They recently did a comparison of a tuned NA vs Supercharged FRS and it was the most recent of a series of 86 reviews they've dome and they still can't decide if they love the 86 or not. They want to but...
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guybo For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017), Traffic (01-22-2017), why? (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #33
Traffic

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited Automatic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
@Dezoris
[QUOTE=

...I think its hilarious that many of the owners of enthusiast cars cant find the beauty in the faults of them. Its part of the love of car ownership to embrace the good and bad. Some of my favorite cars have been flawed including the 86. And the best part is I can say the 86 is one of the best choices for those who want a drivers car, but so many people only hear one thing, an attack on their own self worth and not the car...

[/QUOTE]

This is true at the end of the day it is a piece of machinery, but when you enjoy something so much, or worked so hard to get, or maintain some forget that and it becomes a personal attack. Most of us have fallen into that mode at one time or another.

Last edited by Traffic; 01-22-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #34
Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo View Post
IMHO the best review for the Twins (actually several reviews and camparos) is from everyday driver. If you want to hear 2 guys talk about the pros and cons of the 86 watch their videos.

They love the car but realize something is missing. They recently did a comparison of a tuned NA vs Supercharged FRS and it was the most recent of a series of 86 reviews they've dome and they still can't decide if they love the 86 or not. They want to but...

They have great reviews and I follow them in addition to Savagegeese (@Dezoris). They have different styles and both have a place when discussing cars especially this platform.
The Following User Says Thank You to Traffic For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #35
Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySub1946 View Post
Maybe it's time to take things not so seriously...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/eN0BEQ/

Hilarious I missed that one.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #36
Spec C Wannabe

Drives: 2017 WRB M/T BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think this video, along with others that were produced by Savagegeese, is very straight forward and well informed. He is always very good at portraying his opinions and experiences directly in the video, which is the thing I like about his videos.

Every car has it own good(s) and bad(s), strengths and weaknesses. We, as a consumer, are the one who choose to accept these ups and downs. I really like to watch his reviews. As always, his videos have a kind of depressed or pessimistic mood/tone because of the way he presented his wording and the background musics are always sad. That is just his style. But sometimes, telling the negative side of a car just hurts other owners' feeling. And, for most part, people just can't handle that kind of feeling.
Spec C Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spec C Wannabe For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017), Mr.Impreza (01-23-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #37
Lantana frs

Drives: 13 frs red
I like my car. Im in no need of journalistic validation. Dezoris imo does an amazing job albeit with the sarcasm that comes from basically too much time around cars. Im the same way when it comes to bikes. For me the frs is a useable sports car with a reasonable price tag. Ill live with it. Lol
Lantana frs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lantana frs For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017), Guff (01-22-2017), Mr.Impreza (01-23-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #38
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh yes that was a highly scientific measurement of speed and totally believable. Your methodology trumps the rated speeds?

Sure the unpainted treated steel rusted. Wow what a surprise. Would exactly the same on any other car. This does not make it a "rust bucket".

LOL where are my contributions? So you made some obnoxious videos and stated your opinion as fact. Your opinion is valid but anybody else's is trolling? Really? I have not been "triggered" to anything. Your video was posted. I expressed my dislike of it. End of story. As far as "wasted time and energy on this" I spent about 30 seconds on it and moved on. You should do the same. Goodbye.

You dont have to do a scientific metered testing. You get in and out of two cars back to back, do a simple stopwatch test and no matter how you spin it the Soul Turbo is faster, as stated. With nearly identical weight and more HP and TQ its faster. But don't take my word, live in your bubble, arm chair internet troll.

Yes troll, you sit back comment and do nothing to provide any type of content, usable or otherwise, you repond with non answers like the rust issues. Have you worked on cars, do you see them underneath everyday? Our frs should not have had wheel bearings and hubs seized together after 15k miles, as stated the uderbody for mileage was exceptionally bad compared to other cars. I show pictures, explain and you deny like a child. And finally you are a triggered troll, no normal person would post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoat
do not find any of it "entertainment" I just want to punch him in the mouth every time he opens it. Not for what he says but just because he rubs me the wrong way. I even pulled an Ashi and sat here yelling at him on my monitor he pisses me off so much
Again if you want to man up and talk you know my contact info.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #39
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Again if you want to man up and talk you know my contact info.
Awww, shut up! I can't stand a second of your talking in your videos.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017), why? (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #40
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Hahaha holy shit, you guys are savages.

I for one, very much enjoy his reviews. His Mazda CX-9 review was very informative.

I think his ability to get so many of you guys riled up about it is hilarious as well. If you guys remember OG FRS video, that thing got the keyboard warriors out in their full Tameshi Gosoku.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (01-22-2017), stevesnj (01-23-2017), strat61caster (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #41
Lantana frs

Drives: 13 frs red
Toyota is a monolith that produces 4 wheeled appliances. I think they did pretty well with this car all things considered. The nannies are there to prevent litigation imo. If the 86 were a beemer it would cost 40k and be assembled in Mexico. It would then be a "driving machine".
Lantana frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #42
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
In my own personal opinion, Savage Geese (and Turbowski) are significantly more tolerable compared to someone such as TJ Hunt. His reviews are entertaining and he isn't constantly talking about buying a drift car, or adding this or that to rub in he's rich.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
bedabi (01-24-2017), Guff (01-22-2017)