follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
lextrueno

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
LexTrueno's 魂の火 Track Build - Ver 2.0

Recent Pictures

MODS SO FAR
EXTERIOR
Avery Dennison Satin Pearlescent White Wrap
Rex Speed VA Style Fender Garnishes
4th Brake Light
Rear Windshield Visor
Grimmspeed Hood Struts
Perrin Shorty antenna
MPH Fabrication Duck-Butt Honeycomb trunk
RallyArmor Flaps
TOM'S V2 tail lights
Verus Front Race Splitter
Verus End Plates
Verus Carbon Side Markers
Verus 17MY Canards
Verus Rear Diffuser
17MY BRZ Bumper -Grill delete
JDL Bash Bar in Bronze
Custom BRZ/STi Badges in Bronze with Honeycomb Carbon inlay

INTERIOR

Subaru tS Alcantara Arm Rests
Subaru tS Alcantara Lower Arm Rests
IRP Gold Short Shifter
Honeycomb Carbon Steering Wheel Trim
Ortiz Gauge Pod (DONT BUY THIS EVER)
Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge
Prosport Oil Temp Gauge
Prosport Boost Gauge
Stealth Ethanol gauge in Passenger Airbag indicator location

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
Vortech Supercharger Kit
Vortech Race BOV
Vortech 11psi Pulley
Verus Forged Clutch Fork + Pin
2017 Revised Throw out Bearing
MTEC shift spring
Whiteline shifter bushing
ACT XT-SS Clutch/Flywheel
Clutch Spring Delete
Odyssey Lightweight battery
Verus AOS
Motul Gear 300 Transmission Oil
Fumoto Oil Drain Plug
Motul 5W30 Esther based Oil
TRD Sensor Plate

EXHAUST
Catless 1320 UEL header
Motiv overpipe
JDL 3" Dual Resonated Front Pipe
Tomei Type 80R

WHEELS/TIRES

OLD SETUP:
17x8 Vordoven Forme 8; Discontinued wheels
Hankook Ventus Evo 2 245/40/15

CURRENT SETUP:
Apex ARC8 17x9 Wheels in Bronze
Federal 595RSRR 255/40/17

SUSPENSION

Whiteline 20mm Front Sway bar
Whiteline 18mm Rear Sway bar
Whiteline adjustable End Links (F+R)
Whiteline Rear Cross bracing
Racecomp Super-Street 1 Coilovers
[/COLOR]

BRAKES
STREET:Hawk HPS 5.0 pads front and rear
TRACK: Carbotech X10
DBA T3 rotors
Motul RBF 660

OG HISTORY from Day 1:
This is a story all about how my life got flipped right upside down.... Sort of. This is going to be a long post that is kind of like a life story and is more for me like a blog so brace for the long post.

Not too long ago I was a broke college student, studying engineering, and driving a beat up Honda Civic I had rebuilt in my own garage. I worked as a janitor cleaning toilets, and stacking chairs. The money I had made while not at school went towards my gas and food. I'm not going to say my life was hard, because it wasn't.. I live in the suburbs and have a good family. I have food and a nice place to keep me warm. By December, I had a nice girlfriend who at the time loved me and I felt that we had something special. I had applied to several new job positions including being a graduate teaching assistant, and an engineering intern. Along with that I also applied for an international ambassador program. Things were looking up.

But we all know how life works. Mysterious ways and shit. I ended up getting my hours cut significantly a few weeks before valentines day. So my budget for gas was cut. This led me to have 20 bucks to do something nice for my ladyfriend. She was then discontent with how things were starting to go and basically became very upset and essentially broke up with me. I was willing to work things out but she was not. This made me upset. I was sad and down because its hard when someone breaks up with you because you "weren't good enough" for them. This coupled with my lack of funds put me into a slump. She ended up dating the guy I knew as "He is just a friend, don't worry" two weeks after we broke up.

I was in a slump for a solid month and a half just being down about my situation. Its hard to be positive when you know you can do better but are being set back in life.

Then things took a turn for the better...

By early May, I had forgotten all about my applications that I had put in. I had learned I was not only accepted towards the ambassador program, but I had also won a scholarship. I picked my destination. Japan. I have always wanted to travel to Asia and Japan was at the top of the list.

Not only that, but the company I had applied for in December called me back offering me a position for full time as an intern. There were even cool with the fact I was going to be in Japan for a month out of the summer. I gladly accepted and started working.

The work was good. I work for a certain company that makes fancy magnetic suspension found on a lot of luxury and sports cars. So its cool I was able to get a position relative to my passion. After working, it was about time to go to Japan.

The trip itself was amazing. If you have the opportunity to go, then do it. The people are amazing and friendly, and I can only say good things about it all. I could go on for ever about how amazing it was. But that isn't what this is about....

While I was in Asahi, Japan; I stayed with the this total cutie of a homestay mom. I have no idea how, but I got a homestay mom who wasn't married and was 36 I believe. But she looked like she was 24..... She took me out to dinner and talked about life and what I did in the USA. She was impressed at how young I was and how far I have made it in life. Once she learned I worked with automotive corporations, she asked me my favorite car brand. I said Toyota due to my devotion to the AE86 and GT86.
Here is one I saw while I was driven around Okayama, JP

After dinner she took me to a Toyota dealership without even telling me and convinced the dealer to let me check out one of their fancier trims..

The experience was surreal. Being in Japan, and getting in my dream car. After getting a ton of free pamphlets from the dealership on the 86, we headed out. My homestay mom made the time in the final bout of the trip amazing and I miss the amazing times I had with everyone in Japan. Once again, if you can go, then go. It was the best thing that has probably ever happened to me and its hard for me to put everything into words.... That experience alone was enough to convince me that I had to get an 86 once I graduated. Sitting in one just felt right and resonated with me.... I loved the way the car felt and I loved how it sat and the driving position. Even my homestay mom thought it was cool haha

Once I was back in the USA, I ended up applying for car loan to get something newer and more reliable. Ended up getting preapproved for more than I thought and found a lightly used FRS that someone had sold to that one Ford Dealership that made news for selling those crazy 700+hp Mustangs (Lebanon Ford in OH).

When I found out, I flipped out.

I have fallen in love with the car and feel it represents all of who I am to this point. Not many people really know that, but this car bears my soul and my personality. I am hoping this will be a life long journey.

Pics from japan just for attention :3

VERSION 2.0 EDIT as of 10/2017
TLDR AT BOTTOM. I sold the car because I was in love with a girl and planning to marry her. Priorities shifted and when money got tight, I sold the car. This was due to me starting a Masters degree in engineering and didn't want to have the stress of school plus financial stress. But also things were breaking like the washing machine and furnace etc etc etc. Things were going well but she broke my heart hard core the day after my birthday. I have the best luck with women... She was my best friend for 3 years and we dated for almost 2 years when she broke up with me at the start of September. I didn't think something like this would ever happen to us and so it hit me like a semi truck. *QUEUE GREEN DAY AND START CRYING* WAKEEEEEEEEEE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDSSSSSSSS.

So what did I do 2 or 3 weeks after she broke up with me? Called the new owner who had it for half a year to see if he wanted to sell it back. We worked out a deal after I told him what happened and he felt bad for me. Turns out he wanted to trade it in for a new Jaguar F Type so I got it for a good deal since I offered more than what the dealer was going to fork over.

My goals for the car have changed just like my relationship status. At first I wanted to keep it stock/NA when I had it for close to 2 years before selling it. Now I want to make a deathtrap that spits fire and can put other cars to shame on the street and on the track. Goal is to make 550WHP or whatever close to that number that is reliable with a built motor. Tuning will be the key to what makes that happen.

LexTrueno's Grocery List:
BOOST
Lots of alcohol to numb the pain of reality

TLDR; Sold the car. The girl I wanted to get married to broke up with me. Bought the car back. Big Sad. I am going to throw my emotions and money at it.

WELCOME TO THE NEW BUILD

Last edited by lextrueno; 05-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.
lextrueno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lextrueno For This Useful Post:
8R6 (03-01-2016), DemonRawr (09-20-2015), funwheeldrive (09-20-2015), Lonewolf (09-20-2015), Mr.Impreza (09-19-2015), Racecomp Engineering (10-03-2017), StanBo (03-29-2018), stevemp5 (09-21-2015), tacos (10-02-2017), TheBRZsKnees (10-18-2017)
Old 09-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Awesome post man, I love the story!
My opinion, if you want power go stage 1, and then go for header.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
lextrueno (09-20-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
lextrueno

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
Awesome post man, I love the story!
My opinion, if you want power go stage 1, and then go for header.
Thanks for the kind words! I just found an OFT for 410 shipped to me so I am going E85 sometime this week!! Although I was always confused what the difference between stage 1 na and stage 2 na. Would it just be headers and a more "aggresive" tune?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lextrueno View Post
Thanks for the kind words! I just found an OFT for 410 shipped to me so I am going E85 sometime this week!! Although I was always confused what the difference between stage 1 na and stage 2 na. Would it just be headers and a more "aggresive" tune?
Yeah, Stage 2, the only difference is that it's for either Catless Equal Length headers or Catless Unequal Length Headers.

If you would to get catted headers, you would have to pay another $200 for a E-Custom tune and they would do a custom tune for you.

Or you would stay with stage 1 with catted headers, but people of said there is no gains like this or sometimes even hp loss.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Loved the story. You learned early about the succubus. Be wary of females, the ones truly not focused on money/materialism are hard to find.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #6
lextrueno

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
Yeah, Stage 2, the only difference is that it's for either Catless Equal Length headers or Catless Unequal Length Headers.

If you would to get catted headers, you would have to pay another $200 for a E-Custom tune and they would do a custom tune for you.

Or you would stay with stage 1 with catted headers, but people of said there is no gains like this or sometimes even hp loss.
Yeah I got the OFT to tune to e85, and I am planning on going Catless UEL Headers. No idea when I will be able to get the headers, hopefully a deal will come my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Loved the story. You learned early about the succubus. Be wary of females, the ones truly not focused on money/materialism are hard to find.
Thanks!

Yeah, I feel it just takes time to find the right one. I just will have to accept there are going to be some potholes on the way to that point. I'm in no rush!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
Cop

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
If you want to have HP high and costs low you would be better off saving your money than putting it into an NA build imo.
Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Obviously if you are an asian you can tell how old they are, but if you aren't.........

But no worrys cuz I couldn't really tell the different ages of a white person the first year I move to US. (anyone between 20-40 looked the same to me HA!)

Asian women do changes alot between 50-60 :P, @ that point makeup doesn't help anymore. I remember my dad looks exactly the same my entire life till 5 years ago, now he got less hair & have a bit more wrinkle. LOL

Last edited by chaoskaze; 09-21-2015 at 10:56 PM.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
lextrueno

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post

Obviously if you are an asian you can tell how old they are, but if you aren't.........

But no worrys cuz I couldn't really tell the different ages of a white person the first year I move to US. (anyone between 20-40 looked the same to me HA!)

Asian women do changes alot between 50-60 :P, @ that point makeup doesn't help anymore. I remember my dad looks exactly the same my entire life till 5 years ago, now he got less hair & have a bit more wrinkle. LOL

I myself am Hispanic and so a lot of people think my mom, brother, and I are all very very young. So I'm used to it, I kinda suspected that they were older than they looked. But I swear there were 4 times a girl was flirting with me and I was eerie because they looked 16 (most of them were 22). Yeah looks are decieving!!!

As a side note, I got the OFT in yesterday and tuned it to stage 1 93 octane. The difference is significant. There is a lot more intake noise and its a meaner sounding car. The car itself probably only got 15 hp added or so but I can tell the difference. There isn't as much of a torque dip and it accelerates a little bit quicker. Once I go through this tank of 93, I will switch over to e85. I am wondering if I want to wait for UELs though before hand. Just so that I can shock myself with all the power gainz!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #10
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Amazing and beautiful story! I kept waiting for the part where you plowed the 36 yr old MILF though.....

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 09-22-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
8R6 (03-01-2016), chaoskaze (09-22-2015), drew_kar (09-23-2015), FujiwaraTofu86 (10-04-2017), lextrueno (09-22-2015), Slammillionaire (10-03-2017)
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #11
JTOFJPN
You're like the...

Drives: '13 6MT FRS / '14 Ram 1500 Sport
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Amazing and beautiful story! I kept waiting for the part where you plowed the 36 yr old MILF though.....
this... so much this.

JTOFJPN Build Thread
JTOFJPN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTOFJPN For This Useful Post:
lextrueno (09-22-2015), Sportsguy83 (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #12
lextrueno

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I know right those damn cliff hangers haha we still talk over a messager app. Althought the story wouldve been like 20x better if I achieved such a feat. She was really kind and nice to me and her taking me to a dealership was really nice of her. That and dinner was spectacular too haha we had yakiniku which is basically like hibachi.

But yeah, if youre into culture. Travel to japan for a week or two if you can. Amazing experience and i cant say anything bad about thw whole experience!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #13
lextrueno

Garage
Just an update, I recently got an OFT and I am now tuned on their stage 1 map! Today I will be going Stage 2 E85! I'm excited and nervous but it will be cool to gain some more HPs.

I took off the front plate that the car came with and put my plate close to my windshield which looked amazing.....

But the plate kept rattling everytime I drove with my windows down and just was kind of annoying. So I bought a perrin front plate mount and a perrin stubby antenna.

That is about all for now. I'm getting my snow tires today hopefully. I got to find some cheap 18x8 rims somewhere soon which is where all my money is going towards :C

I won't be able to get UELs until December and I probably won't install them until Spring :I Oh well....

Lately I have been seeing a build on here where the guy has a Rocket Bunny Front End alone. And it looks pretty cool...I would totally get one but I feel like I need some more performance before I start messing with looks right now.

Till next time.

Last edited by lextrueno; 06-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #14
lextrueno

Garage
Happy Valentines day, you nerds

So a lot has changed over the past several months. Recently I traded hoods with a friend. He bought an actual CF hood and gave me his wrapped hood fo FREE. I just wanted a change but apparently his CF hood is heavier than my stock hood. My guess is that if you want weight savings, buy a dry CF hood. Never the less, I got his old one just for looks since I was wanting a change. I also debadged my car a while back (Scion is dead now anyway) and so I rapped the trunk garnish in CF as well since I didn't like those holes.

My buddy is a wizard with the camera and took all of the pics. He has the red s2000 as well. So one night he came over and we decided to go on a late night run through some of the local hairpins that we like to drive. After we had finished the run, I led him towards a local Joann's. We looked like complete dorks rubbing our hands over ever black fabric looking to find something comparable to Alcontara. Ended up finding some material that was fairly close and I liked the feel of it anyway. It was microsuede essentially... Cost 7 bucks a yard after the sale and so I bought 3 yards.... more than enough apparantly (EDIT: SUN BLEACHES IT BUY REAL ALCANTARA NOT HOBBY SUEDE)

I will say that the DIY visor wrapping guides came in very handy. The end results were clean and I love my new visors.

In the end I wrapped both of my A-pillars, the center console, the visors, the gauge pod hood, and some trim that is in front of the center console and below the knee pads. I will probably buy the knee pads since they come with padding/foam.

As for the center console, it was a huge pain in the butt. Honestly, I wouldnt do this again. The results were not great outside the visors and A-Pillars. I got some wrinkles here and there and I had spent so much time on it. I think you are either super lucky and you get it right the first time, or you spend 3 hours on it and still get crap results.

Since I am single (RACERS DONT NEED GFS) I always go out and buy stuff for my car when I am single on valentines day. Its a nice way to keep your mind off those sort of things. So I ordered the arm rest, some Winjet Fog lights and a 3rd brake light as well. With summer coming soon, I hope to have a new exhaust system and some better wheels/tires by the end of this year!

Last edited by lextrueno; 06-07-2019 at 03:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lextrueno For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (02-15-2016)