follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
AshWilliams
Groovy

Drives: GMC Sierra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Gatorland Scion
State: FL
City: Gainesville
Brand: Scion
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: They're sold out nationwide!

Details of your experience with the dealership:
Stopped in to view AT model with 3k of markup. Salesman laughed when I mentioned "pure price." Said that this is a "limited run" car and that if I don't order one now, with their 3k markup, I may NEVER get one! They're sold out nationwide (despite several being available in FL alone).

I dealt with this dealership before when I had an FJ Cruiser, they are bush league at best. Just about EVERY car on their lot has ADM, for some inexplicable reason, on the window sticker. If you call their operator and ask to speak to the "Scion dealership" she tells you that there is no such thing, despite the fact they're selling the damn things 20 yards from her desk.
bestwheelbase (06-18-2012), Dave-ROR (06-17-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
hawk86

Drives: FR-S tbd
Stadium Toyota no longer has 3k FMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Dealership Name: Stadium Toyota
State: Florida
City: Tampa
Salesman to talk to: N/A
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: N/A

Stopped by to confirm markup driving the BRZ. Confirmed 3k markup, stated in front of salesman "Wow they really are trying to get 3k market adjustment", he felt the need to reply while in front of other customers "And we have sold every one we have" which was ironic considering the one I was looking at wasn't sold. I just laughed, explained that you can find them for MSRP and left. Adding them here because of the BS FMV adjustment which in theory is against pure price policies.

Fair market value addendums removed 2 weeks ago.
George - Stadium
hawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
MooseWRX

Drives: 2014 CBS BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Lee Subaru
City: Fort Walton Beach
Brand: Subaru
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Not sure (Deployed ATM and their internet sales dept sucks.)

They marked up the 4 or 5 BRZs they got by 2-3k over MSRP and refused to budge. They also aren't a good dealership in general and the labor dept has messed up a few of my friends' cars over the past few years (forgetting to put bolts back into a transmission was the most recent offense).
MooseWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
SprayedBigCube

Drives: 2013 FRS 6M, 2010 Camaro 2SS 6M
I'm going to second MooseWRX on Lee Subaru of Fort Walton Beach. They should change their by line to, "Part of the Lee Automotive Family. Screwing the Emerald Coast for more than 60 years"

Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: I believe they said they only get 1 or 2 per month. Sounded like a pitch to falsify "supply" in the "supply-demand" equation.

They marked up both BRZs me and my boss saw by $3k. White one was sold, the red one just came in. The red one, by the way, is listed in Autotrader at $28,906. Lee Subaru however has it stickered at over $30K!!!! WTH?!?!

Thank you Lee "Automotive Family" for reinforcing the habits we locals have for driving 2 hours to the Mobile/Daphne area dealers to buy our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseWRX View Post
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Not sure (Deployed ATM and their internet sales dept sucks.)

They marked up the 4 or 5 BRZs they got by 2-3k over MSRP and refused to budge. They also aren't a good dealership in general and the labor dept has messed up a few of my friends' cars over the past few years (forgetting to put bolts back into a transmission was the most recent offense).
FRS bone stock. Camaro SS LSA forged, stroked, ported, nitrous plate w/standalone, dyno tuned old stock cube numbers: NA-473/437, N20-585/626 at the wheels, 3.90 RPM diff, ACT twin-disk clutch, 18x10 F14's w/NT05R 305/45's, and other supporting mods.
SprayedBigCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
Erroneous

Drives: Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Lowe Scion
State: Georgia
City: Warner Robins
Salesman to talk to:
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 1 MT Firestorm

Selling the FR-S at $32,901. That's right, $33,000. Terrible.
Erroneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
ICEBONEZ

Drives: '13 WRB 6MT BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
McFly, I bought the Asphalt that was optioned out 6MT you referenced. Those guys were clowns and I straight up told the new car sales manager that the car sells itself, no salesman does! After many calls, arguments about negotiating for a Scion, I ended up buying it not sure when more MT would arrive and meeting some/most of my criteria.

Even though I bought from them, I say AVOID Toyota of Tampa Bay!
ICEBONEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #21

Drives: '23 CWP BRZ
Thanked 1,126 Times in 533 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Saint Augustine Toyota
City: Saint Augustine
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 6MT Argento FR-S, AT Asphalt FR-S.

Details of your experience with the dealership: They are marking both of these cars up to $33,000+. Explained how Scion doesn't honor the mark ups, and the most they could bring it down was $1,500. Do NOT buy from them and give them the honor of scamming.

Coggin Toyota at the Avenues is NOT marking up past MSRP, nor is Scion of Orlando. I HIGHLY recommend both of these dealerships if you're in the area.
636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
santorkyle

Drives: 01 GMC Z71, 2012 Nissan Sentra SR
Dealership Name: Bob Tyler Toyota/Scion/Suzuki
City: Pensacola
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both)Scion
Salesman to talk to: Marcos
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Details of your experience with the dealership: [/QUOTE]
I went in to trade my truck in and to order a 6mt hot lava, they told me now on my trade in because they can pick them up all day at auction for $1500 and then moved on to try and tell me that I would have to wait 6 months for a hot lava 6mt and I would have to put down 3K, the price was same as MSRP after I talked to them because at first they wanted $28,900 before any DOC fee's or anything like that, needless to say I will be going to another dealership when I want my FR-S....
santorkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
kcsims

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Bohn Bros Scion
State: Louisiana
City: Harvey
Salesman to talk to:
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Car is listed on their web site for $26,878 with the VIN Number listed. Drove an hour to check it out just to find they had a $3000 market adjustment on it. I showed them their own web site, cars.com, and the listing on eBay and was told I could not have it for that price. They even had the nerve to change the eBay listing while I was there and had the manager pull it up on his phone to show me. Luckily I still had the auction on my phone that I looked up 30 minutes prior. On top of that, the trade in price they were offering on my car was less than half of the Kelly Blue Book trade in value. Horrible dealership.
kcsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
terrypm
First86 & burning gas!!

Drives: Asphalt 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Paul Moak Subaru
State: Mississippi
City: Jackson
Brand: Subaru BRZ
Salesman to talk to: Mr Burns
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Suppose to receive a white 6speed manual Premium in September or October

Details of your experience with the dealership: Car was on the dealership showroom with a factory msrp of $28,800. It had a dealership price addendum of $2500 for these 5 accessories:
1. windshield visor
2. carbon fiber key chain
3. chrome gas lid
4. STI oil cap
5. STI battery hold down bracket

No way these 5 accesories are worth $2500.00. Terrible price gouging.
terrypm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #25
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Stone Mountain Toyota
State: Georgia
City: Lilburn
Brand: Both
Salesman to talk to: Sam and Mark

Details of your experience with the dealership: I called them up because I saw on AutoTrader they had listed having 2 FR-S MT on the lot. I asked them to verify that they did in fact have them and was told yes they did come on out. So I drove an hour and a half out there only to find out that they only had one FR-S in stock and it was an automatic. I talked to the sales associate again and was told that he thought they had them that he didn't actually check and that the 2 manuals had apparently been sold the day before. I asked his manager if they would compinsate me in some way for me driving an hour and a half out there because his sales associate lied to me. The manager basically told me to shove off and that he didn't care. I would avoid these guys like the plague, they don't give to s***s about their customers.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #26
execoll

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypm View Post
Dealership Name: Paul Moak Subaru
State: Mississippi
City: Jackson
Brand: Subaru BRZ
Salesman to talk to: Mr Burns
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Suppose to receive a white 6speed manual Premium in September or October

Details of your experience with the dealership: Car was on the dealership showroom with a factory msrp of $28,800. It had a dealership price addendum of $2500 for these 5 accessories:
1. windshield visor
2. carbon fiber key chain
3. chrome gas lid
4. STI oil cap
5. STI battery hold down bracket

No way these 5 accesories are worth $2500.00. Terrible price gouging.

Glad it wasn't just me that dealt with these clowns. I was thinking my negotiating skills were off or something. When I told them the accessories they added totaled 500 via their websight, they said "It's the first BRZ in MS and this is what it cost", and said its a showroom car that so I couldn't have it for 30 day anyway.
execoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #27
MikelJ

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Rivergate Toyota
State: TN
City: Nashville
Brand: Both
Salesman to talk to:

Details of your experience with the dealership: Do have to say that this was the worst experience I have ever had with any dealer ever. The follow up survey from Toyota got pushed up higher than the rep that called. They ended up trying to charge me about 36k for a Frs. They never check my info or ran a credit check until 3 days later when Toyota e company called them. I didn't buy my car from them.....drove to Indy to Beck Toyota (highly recommended by me). Paid less than sticker value for the car and they hash everything ready for me when I go there.
MikelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
Jaxxx

Drives: Acura TL, MDX, BMW 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636 View Post
Dealership Name: Saint Augustine Toyota
City: Saint Augustine
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 6MT Argento FR-S, AT Asphalt FR-S.

Details of your experience with the dealership: They are marking both of these cars up to $33,000+. Explained how Scion doesn't honor the mark ups, and the most they could bring it down was $1,500. Do NOT buy from them and give them the honor of scamming.

Coggin Toyota at the Avenues is NOT marking up past MSRP, nor is Scion of Orlando. I HIGHLY recommend both of these dealerships if you're in the area.
Coggin Toyota at the avenues has a $5000 mark up. Had Barry and after driving a mile on a test drive he told me to turn around cause he didn't want to put miles on the car which had 100+'miles on it already.
Jaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote