follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #155
RevoG

Drives: Hot Lava 86 MT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supramkivtt2jz View Post
I think it would be nice to just have a better driving position.... I recline my seat way more than i would like to clear the helmet.
Ditto!!
JR Supercharger, JR RS Pulley, JR Oil cooler, JDL UEL header, Dual resonated 3" JDL Overpipe Front pipe, Perrin 3" resonated cat back exhaust, Upgraded Koyorad radiator, ECUTek tune, Enkei RS05RR 18x9.5, Bridgestone RE003 265/35/18, KW V3 Coilovers, Valenti sequential taillights, Kartboy short shifter kit
RevoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #156
p220guy

Drives: 08 FA5 civic si
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMotorsports View Post
I know everyone has been waiting for more information about brackets. This has not been the easiest bracket to make. Some think it would be as easy as buying the bracket form the dealer and making the changes need. Well, that was far form the truth as a set of rails from the dealer run close to 200 dollars, I know because I have them in the shop and knowing that no one would spend more then about 100 dollar for rails we started looking for a different source. Then making a prototype, with the customer in mind. We never expected this project to take this long or be so time consuming.

Where are we now, well we have sourced brackets at a discounted rate (to keep the cost down) and waiting for an order to come in. Once they arrive we will let everyone know. This will be a limited run of the 1 inch drop brackets to start.
@DAMotorsports I would like to thank you for the honest update. I fully understand the work that goes into a project like this if you intend to market it and not make a one off. I for one think you are on to something big here for people who do not want to spring for buckets and brackets and the whole PITA shopping process that goes along with that.

Keep us in the loop
p220guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p220guy For This Useful Post:
DAMotorsports (09-30-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #157
LoCo

Drives: Lancer Evolution IX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've given up. No longer interested, will solve this differently. Thanks for wasting my time with 8 months of BS and nothing real. From 2 inches to 1 inch to test models, to cost reduction to being busy ... And you sent out a first batch which noone has to write about etc...

Useless.

And yes, it makes me sad for this to be my first post on this forum, because it was meant to be an ave of your awesomeness.

Good luck with the sales 2015, when you actually do release the product - maybe.
LoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:
1slowbrz (10-03-2013), chadstyle (10-03-2013), supramkivtt2jz (10-03-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #158
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
I've given up. No longer interested, will solve this differently. Thanks for wasting my time with 8 months of BS and nothing real. From 2 inches to 1 inch to test models, to cost reduction to being busy ... And you sent out a first batch which noone has to write about etc...

Useless.

And yes, it makes me sad for this to be my first post on this forum, because it was meant to be an ave of your awesomeness.

Good luck with the sales 2015, when you actually do release the product - maybe.

Jesus dude calm your tits, he wasn't obligated to go into full production and sell you one
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #159
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
Jesus dude calm your tits, he wasn't obligated to go into full production and sell you one
In defense of that guys rant the vendor up teaser pics and a "soon" timeframe back in June/July. Then went silent despite frequent bumps to the thread and requests for updates from the vendor by many fellow apes rabidly waiting to throw money at the first headroom solution to hit the market. The vendor was active on this forum during that time. Just avoiding this thread.

You may not be an ape. You don't feel our pain.

The angry guy, obviously an ape.

For us this was an incredibly important item. I don't fit in the stock seats with a helmet, even after altering the springs on the stock seat. The tripping point that got me to purchase the car in July was the near vendor posts and pics of the release state of this bracket.

I passed up on a season of helmeted fun hanging on the release of this bracket. Soon it will be winter and the car will be garaged.

Finally when the vendor broke their silence and basically said they had been jerking us around and there were some test units they they were in the process of contacting people to test (lol what?, this thread is full of eager beavers that would have been delighted to be guinea pigs) was when I decided to go a different route rather than piss away the rest of the season, because apes in areas with winter don't fucking care wether an item is released in January or April. Either way the car isn't being driven.

Had this been released in anywhere resembling the timeframe insinuated this summer my money would have been sent at the first opportunity to do so.

Instead I have found my own solution to headroom and am no longer interested.

This vendor will not see my money.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #160
MrMista

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Satin White Pearl, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
In defense of that guys rant the vendor up teaser pics and a "soon" timeframe back in June/July. Then went silent despite frequent bumps to the thread and requests for updates from the vendor by many fellow apes rabidly waiting to throw money at the first headroom solution to hit the market. The vendor was active on this forum during that time. Just avoiding this thread.

You may not be an ape. You don't feel our pain.

The angry guy, obviously an ape.

For us this was an incredibly important item. I don't fit in the stock seats with a helmet, even after altering the springs on the stock seat. The tripping point that got me to purchase the car in July was the near vendor posts and pics of the release state of this bracket.

I passed up on a season of helmeted fun hanging on the release of this bracket. Soon it will be winter and the car will be garaged.

Finally when the vendor broke their silence and basically said they had been jerking us around and there were some test units they they were in the process of contacting people to test (lol what?, this thread is full of eager beavers that would have been delighted to be guinea pigs) was when I decided to go a different route rather than piss away the rest of the season, because apes in areas with winter don't fucking care wether an item is released in January or April. Either way the car isn't being driven.

Had this been released in anywhere resembling the timeframe insinuated this summer my money would have been sent at the first opportunity to do so.

Instead I have found my own solution to headroom and am no longer interested.

This vendor will not see my money.
What solution did you go with, and how is it working out?
MrMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #161
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMista View Post
What solution did you go with, and how is it working out?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46801

After a few weeks, I love it.

The little hair I have left no longer rubs the ceiling, no more bumping the ridge at back of the rise in the roof. Fit with a helmet. Initially I was a bit underwhelmed but really it's just what I needed. The base literally sits on the floor due to the way the lower cushion droops below the sliders on rx8 seat.

Downside: seats don't match, doing the passenger side would far more than the drivers side cause of the deal found to begin with.

Also. Gf isn't a fan at all, she's average height. Can barely see over dash.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #162
choi0706

Drives: t
bumpppp
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #163
cerealcable

Drives: 2013 Dark Gray Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Subscribed. Definitely interested, sorry for the apes out there who absolutely need it, gl to finding something to get those helmets some use!
cerealcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #164
p220guy

Drives: 08 FA5 civic si
To the top
p220guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #165
Mahhn

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I just test drove a BRZ today. I am to tall.
When this bracket is available I will buy one, but till then I can't. My head is against the roof, if don't slouch I push the headliner into the roof.
Please make these soon.
Thank you
Old 12-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #166
choi0706

Drives: t
bump...
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #167

Drives: 86
Found this on ebay even though it is creazy expensive

http://bit.ly/1c1hJiN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VOLK LE37 17X7.5, SWIFT Springs, Bilstein B8, HKS intake duct, Cosworth Air Filter, HKS headers, PLM Over Pipe, EVS Down Pipe & Exhaust, FD 4.55, GFB pulleys, Axle-Exchange Drive Shaft, Mishimoto oil cooler, Cusco F&R strut bar, TRD door stabilizer, Innovate SC, Delicious Tuned
8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8686 For This Useful Post:
toeout (12-13-2013)
Old 12-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #168
Cornerman

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
And here's the low down...

http://www.jzsinternational.com/serv...INATION/Detail

Click the Detailed Description tab

Definitely not cheap after shipping...