follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #169
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
Haha right? Yeah I'll be sure to update as I move along in the process. Freakin headlights are like $800 tho!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's expected for genuine parts. Then again, you can't go wrong with them, too. I love my monogram headlights. way better that winjets or other aftermarket models.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:34 PM   #170
kuczynskika

Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
It's expected for genuine parts. Then again, you can't go wrong with them, too. I love my monogram headlights. way better that winjets or other aftermarket models.

Oh for an FRS monogram headlights are a must. Yeah just means I'll have to do it in stages.

kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:23 AM   #171
kuczynskika

Garage
It's official: Harrop SC install set at The Racer's Line for Saturday, October 15th!
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (10-05-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #172
kuczynskika

Garage
There she is! Seems like everyone is excited, Me, Neal and even Harrop!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (10-07-2016), chermo12 (10-10-2016), Iceman (10-08-2016), Irace86 (10-07-2016), Vulcan (10-08-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:52 PM   #173
SPCorBUST

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
congrats!
Setup 5: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Built Motor
Setup 6: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Closed Deck Built Motor
SPCorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SPCorBUST For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:55 PM   #174
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Im super jelly
Irace86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86 For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (10-07-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #175
kt45

Drives: BRZ 2013 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on the sc. Lookin great. So with your 18x8.5 wheels did you notice a significant decrease in performance like with accelleration, naturally aspirated? Hows the fender clearance with the spacers?
kt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:59 AM   #176
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt45 View Post
Congrats on the sc. Lookin great. So with your 18x8.5 wheels did you notice a significant decrease in performance like with accelleration, naturally aspirated? Hows the fender clearance with the spacers?
Hi there, thanks! When I was na the car felt slow anyway, so adding heavy wheels and spacers really didn't change the experience. My clearance with the spacers is great. I haven't measured it but I have about a finger between my wheels and the spring perch on the shocks and no problems at all with fender clearance. Overall having the extra grip with the extra grunt is working out.
kt45 (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #177
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Hi there, thanks! When I was na the car felt slow anyway, so adding heavy wheels and spacers really didn't change the experience. My clearance with the spacers is great. I haven't measured it but I have about a finger between my wheels and the spring perch on the shocks and no problems at all with fender clearance. Overall having the extra grip with the extra grunt is working out.
So when's he supercharger going on?!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 10-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #178
kt45

Drives: BRZ 2013 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks man. Im not sure if ill be going FI, at least not soon so worried about extra weight. The jdm 18x7.5 seems the most ideal (no spacers for brembos, less weight) but cant justify the price from being imported. So its a toss up for me between the series blue 17's and the wrx 18's. If the 17s can fit with no spacers that'll probably be my best choice.
kt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #179
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt45 View Post
Thanks man. Im not sure if ill be going FI, at least not soon so worried about extra weight. The jdm 18x7.5 seems the most ideal (no spacers for brembos, less weight) but cant justify the price from being imported. So its a toss up for me between the series blue 17's and the wrx 18's. If the 17s can fit with no spacers that'll probably be my best choice.

No prob.

I had the JDM 18's and they were nice, but again only 7.5" wide. I think the 17" series blue wheels will require spacers to clear a brembo setup. TBH I have never been happy with the STI wheels without spacers because the offset has never been to my liking. The WRX 18's with 15mm conversion spacers are so far the best looking (flushness wise) and the widest of all the JDM STI options and it's what I wish I would have done in the first place.

IMO the next and only step is to pay 6K for JDM BBS wheels, do a hub conversion and get them with the right offset. That's the only way to perfect the look and setup and save weight, but we are talking serious cash.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #180
kuczynskika

Garage
Pics from the Harrop install with Neal at @The Racers Line

Firstly, Neal was an excellent guy to work with. Very professional, very helpful, very friendly. The whole process from placing the order with Harrop to getting the kit installed was easy. Great guy and I highly recommend him!

My impressions of the kit:

As everyone knows this thing is gorgeous. Even the shipping container is cool! All of the details were thought out with this kit. It is quality stuff.

The install of the kit was relatively easy. Neal had the whole thing done in around 8 hours. The hardest part of the whole install is wiring to the fuse box. You have to pull the whole thing out of its housing and it is a BITCH! Aside from that the whole thing went together seamlessly. Neal can certainly provide more insight though.

Driving. Well... the car was quick before the kit, but now it is fast. 2nd and 3rd gear pulls from 3500RPM push you back in your seat! The amount of torque that the car puts out is immense. There is no lag, just instant acceleration. The car pulls in every gear. Sitting at 65mph on the freeway in 6th gear, put your foot down and you still feel the car pull. This is such an improvement over NA.

Now, I am only running a 3" catback with the kit so there is still room for improvement. Overall though... I am happy with this amount of power. The car feels right. It feels well sorted and balanced, not over powered.

Tuning. I had Delicious Tuning do the work and again, such an easy process. Zach@Delicious was easy to work with and I feel we have the car optimized and performing really well. Again, I highly recommend them for those of you on the west coast.

Fuel Economy. Well duh... I am now well under 20mpg, but who really gives a shit? I am sure that could improve, but freeway onramp pulls are just too tempting!

What more can I say? Buy this kit. You won't regret it. Here are some pics from the install! Enjoy.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
ajc209 (10-30-2016), BigFatFlip (10-31-2016), HarropOz (01-19-2017), Vulcan (10-30-2016), weederr33 (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #181
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Pics from the Harrop install with Neal at @The Racers Line

Firstly, Neal was an excellent guy to work with. Very professional, very helpful, very friendly. The whole process from placing the order with Harrop to getting the kit installed was easy. Great guy and I highly recommend him!

My impressions of the kit:

As everyone knows this thing is gorgeous. Even the shipping container is cool! All of the details were thought out with this kit. It is quality stuff.

The install of the kit was relatively easy. Neal had the whole thing done in around 8 hours. The hardest part of the whole install is wiring to the fuse box. You have to pull the whole thing out of its housing and it is a BITCH! Aside from that the whole thing went together seamlessly. Neal can certainly provide more insight though.

Driving. Well... the car was quick before the kit, but now it is fast. 2nd and 3rd gear pulls from 3500RPM push you back in your seat! The amount of torque that the car puts out is immense. There is no lag, just instant acceleration. The car pulls in every gear. Sitting at 65mph on the freeway in 6th gear, put your foot down and you still feel the car pull. This is such an improvement over NA.

Now, I am only running a 3" catback with the kit so there is still room for improvement. Overall though... I am happy with this amount of power. The car feels right. It feels well sorted and balanced, not over powered.

Tuning. I had Delicious Tuning do the work and again, such an easy process. Zach@Delicious was easy to work with and I feel we have the car optimized and performing really well. Again, I highly recommend them for those of you on the west coast.

Fuel Economy. Well duh... I am now well under 20mpg, but who really gives a shit? I am sure that could improve, but freeway onramp pulls are just too tempting!

What more can I say? Buy this kit. You won't regret it. Here are some pics from the install! Enjoy.

Amazing set up! It really looks oem in the engine bay. I'm digging it for sure. It's great having all that power on tap anytime you need it, right?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Vulcan (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #182
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Amazing set up! It really looks oem in the engine bay. I'm digging it for sure. It's great having all that power on tap anytime you need it, right?
Right? It is gorgeous. Take off the Harrop branding and "supercharged" and you would say its OEM.

My god, the car is alive now. Just feels so good. I now know what it feels like haha.
HarropOz (01-19-2017)