follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #29
FLHC

Drives: WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have you guys looked at the conditions within the GTP?

They seem rather extensive and rule out almost any car that isn't in absolutely perfect condition. Like the bottom says if your paint isn't perfect, you don't qualify for the GTP. Another says if you have ONE mismatched tire, you don't qualify for the GTP.

Quote:
Meeting any one of the following criteria will exclude the vehicle from the Guaranteed Trade-In Program
  • Vehicles that do not have a current registration, inspection or emission sticker, that cannot be legally registered as a passenger vehicle or that will not pass applicable state or federal safety or emissions inspection.
  • Vehicles previously used for racing, emergency vehicle applications or other extreme uses for which the vehicle was not designed.
  • Vehicles where the odometer/speedometer has been replaced, tampered with and/or is currently inoperative, or vehicles with an undocumented odometer change, falsified mileage accumulation, interrupted or limited odometer occurrence, or any vehicle whose true mileage cannot be determined.
  • Vehicles with any condition that would require disclosure at time of auction sale and/or on certificate of title, including but not limited to, frame damage, flood damage, or salvage vehicle.
  • Vehicles used for a purpose that requires a legal disclosure to sell, e.g. vehicles having been in rental service.
  • Vehicles with branded titles for "totaled", "salvage", "rebuilt", "Lemon Law", "flood", and/or "water damage" regardless of their repaired or service status or vehicles sold with wholesale or retail disclosures.
  • Vehicles that have been modified in such a way as to have either voided the original Subaru Warranty or to have taken the vehicle out of compliance with any applicable state or federal safety or emissions requirements.
  • Vehicles that have been altered from their original design specification in any manner. These alterations include, but are not limited to exhaust system, turbo or engine components, tire, wheel, suspension, powertrain performance, and aftermarket accessory installations, etc.
  • Vehicles that have been abused or neglected resulting in premature wear or damage or vehicles where it is evident that the recommended scheduled maintenance has not been performed as determined by an Authorized Subaru Dealer.
  • Vehicles that do not have four (4) undamaged matching tires with each one having at least 1/8-inch (4/32) tread at its lowest point.
  • Vehicles with engine drivetrain, or other mechanical, safety, or electrical parts that do not operate.
  • Vehicles with windows, windshield, lenses, or lights that are cracked or broken and need replacement.
  • Vehicles that have sustained structural or unibody damage as defined by industry standards whether repaired or un-repaired.
  • Vehicles with environmental or applied chemical damage to the finish such as hail, acid rain, etc.
  • Vehicles with existing, un-repaired collision damage.
  • Vehicles with previously repaired collision damage which required panel or part(s) replacement, including but not limited to, hood, fender, door, trunk lid, and/or quarter panel.
  • Vehicles with previously repaired paint damage which does not conform to OEM specifications, including but not limited to, non-matched paint, paint swirls, paint bubbles, paint flaking and/or paint contamination.
I have hood damage from some asshole hitting it (more like pounding it with his fist) in a college parking lot as well as minor fender scratches from people that don't know how to park. Guess I'm screwed.
FLHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
Mitchs_86

Drives: 09 BMW Z4
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
We drove my friend's 2000 9-3 for 6 hours to CT and back and on the way back, the shock tower rusted out, releasing the shock from the mount. It bounced around the wheel well for 2 hours on the way home. Sh*t was hilarious! Then later that year, the brake caliper... fell off on the highway! He had to use his handbrake to get home. ohhh, that Saab...
I haven't had a single issue with mine yet (85,xxx miles) but then again its 98% GM parts
Mitchs_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchs_86 View Post
but then again its 98% GM parts
You say that like it's a good thing...

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
We drove my friend's 2000 9-3 for 6 hours to CT and back and on the way back, the shock tower rusted out, releasing the shock from the mount. It bounced around the wheel well for 2 hours on the way home. Sh*t was hilarious! Then later that year, the brake caliper... fell off on the highway! He had to use his handbrake to get home. ohhh, that Saab...
Ahhh.. Using the handbrake to get home.. Been there and done that...

Almost had to change my pants a few times..

thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #33
BioRage

Drives: ~_~
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Dealers will never give you what you want,

in terms of fair, you need to understand that they have to re-sell the car after as well..

So they kind of low-ball you.

Personally it's better if you can to sell it privately, or as someone said, drive it till it's gone.

Afterall cars are always depreciating, except for vintage ones
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXGuy1 View Post
It was the opposite actually, Subaru was giving me $16,000 on my trade and $500 over invoice on a WRX with 2.9% financing, and Mazda was giving me only $15,000 for my trade for a MazdaSpeed3 at MSRP with 5.9% financing
MSRP on a Speed3? Wow. I had two local dealers offer me $500 under invoice recently. And full KBB trade-in for my 6 year old Mazda 3. I came very close to doing the deal, but the Speed3 just was not for me.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #35
Mitchs_86

Quote:
You say that like it's a good thing...
lol better than just Saab!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #36
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Dealers will never give you what you want,

in terms of fair, you need to understand that they have to re-sell the car after as well..

So they kind of low-ball you.

Personally it's better if you can to sell it privately, or as someone said, drive it till it's gone.

Afterall cars are always depreciating, except for vintage ones
I've gotten fair trade in prices from dealers. The most important thing is to do you're own research so you know what your car is worth in your area (not just KBB), and know what your bottom line price is before you start negotiating. Then be ready to walk away without getting offended if they don't meet your price.

It's just a game, and people take it way to personally. Also people tend think their cars are worth more then they really are when you consider dealers need to make a profit.

That is not to say that many dealers aren't going to try and lowball you.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #37
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
MSRP on a Speed3? Wow. I had two local dealers offer me $500 under invoice recently. And full KBB trade-in for my 6 year old Mazda 3. I came very close to doing the deal, but the Speed3 just was not for me.
I didn't negotiate at all, I was just laughing inside if they thought I was going to pay $550/mo. for a Speed3. I just wanted to test drive it
WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sitting in the dealer.... Got what I calculated I'd Need to get for my car and hit it spot on!!! I have a DGM BRZ here in a few minutes!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
Mitchs_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsey47 View Post
Sitting in the dealer.... Got what I calculated I'd Need to get for my car and hit it spot on!!! I have a DGM BRZ here in a few minutes!
Beyond jealous right now!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
wu_dot_com

Drives: accord
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i got a independent trade in value by carmax.

guys at irvine subaru offer me the same thing carmax did without hassle.
wu_dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #41
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchs_86 View Post
Beyond jealous right now!!!
Been there done that for WEEKS myself! So crazy looking in my garage to see that car sitting there... I know people on here have said it looks even better in person, but holy crap! You can't explain how much better it looks, inside and out! Beautiful car! Got a thumbs up on the highway on my first drive of it too!

Also I'll post in the other forums for it but I did get it for MSRP! Kelly Cars in Chattanooga, TN for the win! Thank you Walt Danley for a great car purchasing experience!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #42
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I got 24500 on my 2011 Legacy which was in the middle of KBB. Only had 5k miles though. Wasn't quite as much as I wanted, but was in the ballpark. Didn't really negotiate.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote