follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
Diane
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Cascade Loop


I'm planning on taking the Cascade Loop with a friend in a few weeks. I doubt I'll have any trouble with snow this time of the year, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Has anyone else taken the route before? Any recommendations or sites I don't necessarily need to visit?

For those who never heard of it: http://cascadeloop.com/
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #2
PNW FRS
Senior Member
 
PNW FRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 581
Thanks: 230
Thanked 342 Times in 189 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Great loop (drive)

The only thing better than doing this loop in an '86 would be to do it on a motorcycle! It will be an awesome route. Enjoy!
__________________
2013 Asphalt / MT
Olympia, Washington
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PNW FRS For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
soulreapersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,022
Thanks: 11,319
Thanked 5,123 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I've lost count how many times I've done the Loop.

If you go on the weekdays, less people possibly so more fun. People tend to not pull over to let you by so be aware of that (from my experiences). When they do, give them a thumbs up as thanks!

Leavenworth is the usual place to stop for food and break. My opinion, skip whidbey island, it was ok but ehhhh....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, you're the one asking me to shove a turbo engine in my pants.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 12:59 AM   #4
tyler_win_photo
Senior Member
 
tyler_win_photo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 548
Thanks: 36
Thanked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Personally my favorite part is the North Cascades. I would also skip the "region 8"
tyler_win_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
Diane
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
I've lost count how many times I've done the Loop.

If you go on the weekdays, less people possibly so more fun. People tend to not pull over to let you by so be aware of that (from my experiences). When they do, give them a thumbs up as thanks!

Leavenworth is the usual place to stop for food and break. My opinion, skip whidbey island, it was ok but ehhhh....
I think the roundtrip trip is 440 miles, which seems rather short to me. I can see it taking a full weekend by staying at Leavenworth, etc. but not bleed into the week.

I'm waiting for the Spring semester to end before I take the trip, but it's probably unnecessary to miss work for it. Iunno is it worth treating it like a full vacation the first time around?
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #6
PNW FRS
Senior Member
 
PNW FRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 581
Thanks: 230
Thanked 342 Times in 189 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane View Post
I think the roundtrip trip is 440 miles, which seems rather short to me. I can see it taking a full weekend by staying at Leavenworth, etc. but not bleed into the week.

I'm waiting for the Spring semester to end before I take the trip, but it's probably unnecessary to miss work for it. Iunno is it worth treating it like a full vacation the first time around?
Hard to say... kind of depends on whether you're doing this loop for the "driving experience" or "checking out the various spots along the route..." (or some sort of mix of the two). If it's "all about the road" and enjoying the 86 as it tackles the route... IMHO you're looking at an easy 2-day trip. Throw in some 1 or 2 hour + stops and you can see how you'd start creeping into a 3rd day.

And the wild card is also how many hours you expect (want) to be in the seat.... some people are "done" after 3-4 hours... some can go 7+ hours a day.
__________________
2013 Asphalt / MT
Olympia, Washington
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PNW FRS For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
soulreapersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,022
Thanks: 11,319
Thanked 5,123 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane View Post
I think the roundtrip trip is 440 miles, which seems rather short to me. I can see it taking a full weekend by staying at Leavenworth, etc. but not bleed into the week.

I'm waiting for the Spring semester to end before I take the trip, but it's probably unnecessary to miss work for it. Iunno is it worth treating it like a full vacation the first time around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW FRS View Post
Hard to say... kind of depends on whether you're doing this loop for the "driving experience" or "checking out the various spots along the route..." (or some sort of mix of the two). If it's "all about the road" and enjoying the 86 as it tackles the route... IMHO you're looking at an easy 2-day trip. Throw in some 1 or 2 hour + stops and you can see how you'd start creeping into a 3rd day.

And the wild card is also how many hours you expect (want) to be in the seat.... some people are "done" after 3-4 hours... some can go 7+ hours a day.
What PNW said.

Each time I do the loop, I finish it within 10 hours. That includes stops for restroom, one 1.5 hour lunch, and spots for pictures. Can finish it faster if we *cough* drive faster with less breaks, which we usually do.

Really unnecessary to miss work for the loop. If you want to do it in 2-ish days and enjoy the scenic sights, leave Saturday in the early AM then return Sunday night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, you're the one asking me to shove a turbo engine in my pants.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #8
DrifterD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: 15' Halo
Location: Bothell,WA
Posts: 134
Thanks: 44
Thanked 47 Times in 30 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I will do this loop at some point.....
__________________
2015 Halo MT
@denneee
@haroseattle
DrifterD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cascade C&C with a morning drive - 10/3 m.box.design Northwest 1 10-04-2014 03:58 AM
Cascade Cars N Coffe 2/1/2014 NickFRS Northwest 19 02-02-2014 04:03 PM
Cars and Coffee - Cascade Station 8/10 Thatruth2001 Northwest 1 08-10-2013 10:56 AM
Cascade cars and coffee? Goodguy889 Northwest 5 12-30-2012 04:14 PM
Cascade Cars Coffee NickFRS Northwest 11 12-26-2012 01:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.