follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #239
PWBRZ
Senior Member
 
PWBRZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT
Location: Campbell, CA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 166
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The dealer replaced my driver's side seal due to this issue. It's been about a year now and it still works ok but I notice the window itself is very slightly canted inward more than it should be - could be due to tolerances or even loose window track hardware. If the problem returns I'll take the door apart and inspect. Not a big fan of window indexing..
PWBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #240
thatWESguy
Power Ranger
 
thatWESguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 86
Location: SoCal
Posts: 201
Thanks: 105
Thanked 66 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
just purchased the autoglym vinyl and rubber care, hopefully that'll take care of it
__________________
Autofashion | FIVEaxis | Enkei
thatWESguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #241
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just had this pop up on my car not too long ago--does anyone have the part # for the upper strip that we are all seeing get pinched or rolled? I can't seem to find it, although the answer is probably staring me in the face (that and I am lazy and don't want to read back through half the thread just to find it).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:27 PM   #242
SuperDave
Senior Member
 
SuperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: DAT Rally Blue BRZ
Location: SoCal
Posts: 770
Thanks: 1,431
Thanked 234 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
i've had this issue for a while, didn't know it could be replaced under warranty. i am getting wind noise and leaking on both sides. took it to the dealer yesterday, they didn't seem to want to replace it.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:49 AM   #243
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
i've had this issue for a while, didn't know it could be replaced under warranty. i am getting wind noise and leaking on both sides. took it to the dealer yesterday, they didn't seem to want to replace it.
Mine was replaced under warranty with no problem. Plainly put, it shouldnt be getting pinched by the window.

A pointer: Make sure they realize that there is a upper (window) and lower (door) portion to the seal. I didn't realize this at first and they ended up replacing the lower seal (which I didn't need). If you can, show the service rep what happens as the window closes--it should slide over the seal, not catch and pinch it, which what was happening with mine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
SuperDave (08-03-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 04:53 AM   #244
SuperDave
Senior Member
 
SuperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: DAT Rally Blue BRZ
Location: SoCal
Posts: 770
Thanks: 1,431
Thanked 234 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Mine was replaced under warranty with no problem. Plainly put, it shouldnt be getting pinched by the window.

A pointer: Make sure they realize that there is a upper (window) and lower (door) portion to the seal. I didn't realize this at first and they ended up replacing the lower seal (which I didn't need). If you can, show the service rep what happens as the window closes--it should slide over the seal, not catch and pinch it, which what was happening with mine.
yeah, but my local dealership service guy is a serious prick.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #245
jtiptonk
Member
 
jtiptonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 2.0
Location: Seattle, WA (formerly SF Bay)
Posts: 84
Thanks: 43
Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Has anyone replaced the door seals themselves? I'd rather not pay the dealership $350 for something that's probably pretty easy to install... I just don't know how to properly do it haha
jtiptonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #246
Norinradd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2013 frs
Location: British columbia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 107
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You dont think the seals are just prone to doing this? Its seems inevitable. The way the windows suck into the car.

Has a lubricant/protector worked for anyone? I have this on both sides.
__________________
2013 silver frs, injen intake, agency power header, hks exhaust, no kitties, ecutek tune
Norinradd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #247
radroach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 13 BRZ
Location: usa
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 990
Thanked 739 Times in 458 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dealerships don't have a TSB for this yet? Just checked an I've got the rust now.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #248
clbembry
Member
 
clbembry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 82
Thanks: 42
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So in my warranty it specifically states that weather strips are not covered under warranty and for that reason they refused to service it. Technically I still have a couple months left on my CPO but I feel like if they turned me away once, they'll turn me away again.

Any suggestions?
clbembry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #249
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
So in my warranty it specifically states that weather strips are not covered under warranty and for that reason they refused to service it. Technically I still have a couple months left on my CPO but I feel like if they turned me away once, they'll turn me away again.

Any suggestions?
Try another dealership? Mine were all replaced under warranty (through the TSB)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #250
clbembry
Member
 
clbembry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 82
Thanks: 42
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Try another dealership? Mine were all replaced under warranty (through the TSB)
The thing is they have me call in to the warranty HQ before they will service my vehicle, and they were the ones who told me weather strips weren't covered.

The Scion CPO does state:

"Covers any repair or replacement of components which fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship"

So maybe bringing that up might change it?
clbembry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #251
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet
 
HunterGreene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,578
Thanks: 3,386
Thanked 3,192 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
The thing is they have me call in to the warranty HQ before they will service my vehicle, and they were the ones who told me weather strips weren't covered.

The Scion CPO does state:

"Covers any repair or replacement of components which fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship"

So maybe bringing that up might change it?
If I'm reading you right, do you have damage to the seal or not? Mine was actually showing damage and deformation. They won't replace it without damage, as you might expect.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
It's a bad photoshop. My body is a temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #252
clbembry
Member
 
clbembry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 82
Thanks: 42
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
If I'm reading you right, do you have damage to the seal or not? Mine was actually showing damage and deformation. They won't replace it without damage, as you might expect.


Yup there's damage, it's visibly warped, and it leaks. Both my extended protective warranty and Scion CPO warranty so conveniently exclude all weather strips from their coverage so it looks like I'm SOL. After an hour on the phone with Scion they said they would have a regional manager take a look at it, but I'm guessing they're coming up with their apology as to why they can't fix it right now...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
clbembry is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side by side cosmetic differences between BRZ and FRS/86 (same dimension lights) Moto-P Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 128 02-27-2019 08:25 PM
Side by side cosmetic differences between BRZ and FRS/86 (same dimension lights) Moto-P Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 109 08-19-2014 10:56 PM
Driver side door handle lordtakuban Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 19 06-19-2014 01:30 AM
Studying for Learner's Permit driver's knowledge test PACMAN Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 2 01-03-2012 12:17 AM
Little request: FR-S vs GT86 vs BRZ side by side photos! EJ20 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 1 12-02-2011 01:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.