follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #29
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
There are days here you're going to slow if trying to merge onto the highway at only 20 over.

5 over is... weird. Almost like a "oh shit, I thought I'd have them for something else, guess I have to give 'em a ticket". Which might mean they won't bother showing to a court date...
I was thinking the 20 over in the 40mph zone he got the ticket in as 5 over is just laughable. The main artery for my area here is 45 mph.
All day long people generally go 55 and you'll even be right along sheriffs and city police without them bothering you since it really isn't unsafe.
If you get a ticket for under 10 mph over, the cop is just being a jerk. I have asked more police that I can remember around here what is the "safe"
speed to go over and they've all said the same thing...off the record of course..."keep it under 10 mph over and we usually will leave you alone."
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:48 PM   #30
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Dragons View Post
im in oregon. i want to get the V1 radar but the cops in my area uses laser.

can the V1 detect laser very well, or is it only effective with radar guns?
Only Hwy Patrol uses laser. Everyone else uses Ka, though I have run across some MC cops on XB. If it picks up a laser you have already been hit so worrying about detecting it is pointless. Passive jammers are legal here but expensive.

The town I live in used to pull over for a couple over so I feel ya. We have 6(soon to be 7) full time officers in a town of 4k
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote