follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #155
all4spl

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Surge tank anyone?
How is this setup working? Are you liking it? I was debating this vs the radium twin intake setup.
all4spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #156
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4spl View Post
How is this setup working? Are you liking it? I was debating this vs the radium twin intake setup.
Love it! Not worrying about fuel starvation is awesome. I can’t say how it compares to their dual hanger setup but they even claim on their website that it’s not a fix for fuel starvation. Having a return system and much better flirtation compared to the stock fuel setup are also big pluses in my book. Please note PTFE lines and fittings aren’t cheap though...
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #157
all4spl

Yea I'm not worried about lines. Do you have pictures of how you routed the lines from factory hat to the tank? also from the tank to the front? I'd love to get some ideas.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #158
GrabTheWheel

Feed and return lines are run underneath the car in a similar place to the OE lines. The lines from the stock tank to surge tank just go underneath the rear drivers side passenger seat (nobody sits there) to the trunk. If you look close you can see fuel lines in this exhaust clip but I'll try to get some better pics for you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gev...ew?usp=sharing
Old 09-26-2019, 09:57 PM   #159
GrabTheWheel

JRZ RS2 coilovers installed and corner balanced yesterday. Coming from RSR sport 6K front and 7K rear suspension. After a bit of driving it's safe to say the limits of grip have definitley been increased, you feel A LOT more of the road with 50% stiffer springs, 9K front and 11K rear. I'm pleasantly surprised that the ride over big bumps is improved and less harsh. I think it will be a big improvement at tracks like Buttonillow. I kept purposely driving over big reflectors on the center line and could barely feel them.

Car ended up being a little lighter than I thought, only 3112 LBS with a full tank and me in the car (I'm 190). Maybe new shocks are a bit lighter but I thought it would be closer to 3150. I have full interior, AC, surge tank in the trunk, plus all tools and spare.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2019, 02:29 AM   #160
Shahano

Drives: LS3 Dry Sump BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What's teh advantage of the radium hanger? I currently have a Dw300c on my LS3 BRZ and under hard acceleration when I get off and back on the throttle, my car is hesitating. I am troubleshooting it but have yet to find the issue. Is there a particular reason why you went with the hanger?
Shahano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #161
all4spl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahano View Post
What's teh advantage of the radium hanger? I currently have a Dw300c on my LS3 BRZ and under hard acceleration when I get off and back on the throttle, my car is hesitating. I am troubleshooting it but have yet to find the issue. Is there a particular reason why you went with the hanger?
This hanger would be the proper solution for slosh issues. Also it is a way to increase the amount of fuel pump you need rather quickly vs messing with the fuel tank setup. This will also support triple pumps vs the radium twin pump tank setup.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #162
GrabTheWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahano View Post
I’m running a Radium surge tank with a Walbro 450 and the factory fuel pump feeding it. I went this route because Radium even says on their website that their dual hanger setup is not a fix for fuel starvation. I wanted to be 100% sure the car is getting fuel at all times. The only way to do that is a surge tank or fuel cell setup. I think the hanger is meant to be a drop in solution for people running big power but that aren’t pulling big lateral G’s that would cause fuel starvation. Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #163
GrabTheWheel

Quote:
This hanger would be the proper solution for slosh issues. Also it is a way to increase the amount of fuel pump you need rather quickly vs messing with the fuel tank setup. This will also support triple pumps vs the radium twin pump tank setup.
See my reply above ^^
Old 09-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #164
all4spl

Quote:
See my reply above ^^

Yes what you said agreed with my statements, Sorry I thought he referring to your surge tank as the "hanger setup".
Old 09-30-2019, 03:15 AM   #165
Shahano

Drives: LS3 Dry Sump BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm having problem with my car, if I get on and off the throttle aggressively, I will have a fuel cut, however when I am on WOT, the pump does not lean out and stays good all the way through. The only problem I have is when I get aggressively on and off the throttle.
Any of you had this before?
Shahano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #166
all4spl

its been a little while. do you happen to have those pics of the fuel lines lol im trying to do them right now myself.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #167
GrabTheWheel

Quote:
its been a little while. do you happen to have those pics of the fuel lines lol im trying to do them right now myself.
I don't have pics on hand. The lines for the surge tank go under the rear seat to the trunk. The other fuel lines run under the car about a foot away from the trans tunnel. Sorry I can't be of more help. I would join one of the facebook groups or ask @spitsnaugle. They are very helpful.

On another note my 1st LS3 only lasted 10 track days. I now have moved on to a Katech 416CI block. I am waiting to go back to the track till I have resolved the oiling issue with a proper dry sump.

My recommendation would be to budget for a dry sump if you plan to track or at the very least an Accusump and the Sikky pan. I was running the GTO pan with a baffle and windage tray, 15W50 oil, oil cooler, Melling oil pump. Still wasn't enough with only 255 NT01 tires.

The build I had Pure do for me was more of a street car build. I'm having to go back through the car now and try to upgrade everything for the track.

She is back up and running now and makes quite a bit more power. Ended up with 495WHP and 510ft/lbs on E70.

I have the following upgrades in the works to try and address all the deficiencies I was experiencing at the track. I will try to add some more updates. If you end up getting the pnp Motec m130 from Pure I'd say a Motec dash is more than worth it to help complete the package.

Funny I wanted factory gauges, AC, cruise control etc. Now I'm moving in the exact opposite direction. Hell I ended up getting a trailer 3 weeks after I got the car back. Now that I have the C127 dash with all the info at my fingertips I can't imagine going back to the factory gauges. I bit the bullet and got some 18x9.5 Titan 7's, wanted to stay 17's but just can't have enough brakes under 17's with this much power. Car is now a solid 2 seconds faster from 60-120mph than my ZL1 or a stock C8.

Upgrades to come
Dailey dry sump with 3 gallon tank mounted in trunk
Varis vented hood with naca duct (currently has fitment issues because of intake and water pump placement) will try to make work or sell and go trackspec vents
Brembo clubsport 355mm front brakes Brembo gts 345mm rear brakes
TC designs welded half cage
Sparco QRT carbon seats
Schroth flexi harnesses
fire suppression
AC delete, larger radiator, trans cooler, diff cooler etc.

Last edited by GrabTheWheel; 05-12-2020 at 11:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabTheWheel For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (05-17-2020), spitsnaugle (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #168
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Car is now a solid 2 seconds faster from 60-120mph than my ZL1 or a stock C8.
Than a C8? Holy hell.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toast For This Useful Post:
Pat (05-13-2020), spitsnaugle (05-13-2020)