follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
10 series headlights retrofit with regular frs need help!

Hey all I know this is technically the wrong section but I am pressed for time! Does anyone know if their is a quick fix for the different wiring harness setups on the 10 series headlights to make them compatible with our regular frs? I am in a situation where I have the headlights but seemingly will have to spend another thousand or so dollars to make them compatible with my car... Doesnt sound right to me, does anyone know of a fix for this? If their is any sort of wiring solution I can buy I am all ears!
thank you!!!
brandon
Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanisi View Post
Hey all I know this is technically the wrong section but I am pressed for time! Does anyone know if their is a quick fix for the different wiring harness setups on the 10 series headlights to make them compatible with our regular frs? I am in a situation where I have the headlights but seemingly will have to spend another thousand or so dollars to make them compatible with my car... Doesnt sound right to me, does anyone know of a fix for this? If their is any sort of wiring solution I can buy I am all ears!
thank you!!!
brandon
Do you have the 10 series wiring harness? You have to move pins around to make it play nice with the FR-S wiring.

This details it pretty well

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39576
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
Do you have the 10 series wiring harness? You have to move pins around to make it play nice with the FR-S wiring.
I think that's the problem... If I get the 10 series harness will it work easily?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanisi View Post
I think that's the problem... If I get the 10 series harness will it work easily?

It saves you from having to splice into the harness, but you still have to repin. There was someone on here that sold an extension that did the repinning for you, but I can't recall what his name was. Either way, it's not too bad.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gen For This Useful Post:
bdanisi (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
It saves you from having to splice into the harness, but you still have to repin. There was someone on here that sold an extension that did the repinning for you, but I can't recall what his name was. Either way, it's not too bad.
OK thanks for the heads up if you think of the name I'll owe you one!

Old 11-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Calavera

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50025

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdanisi (11-21-2013)