follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
kimcheefists

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Port Injector Seal/O-Ring

I had a question on how the port injector seal that seals the injector to the intake manifold (not the fuel rail) is supposed to be installed.

I did a boost leak test and noticed air coming from around the injectors from the intake manifold. I removed the injectors and inspected the seals but didn’t notice anything obvious other than the seal was a little loose on the injector.

I just rebuilt the motor and was about to do an initial startup tomorrow but did a boost leak test to make sure I didn’t have any air leaks.

So my question is how are the PI seals supposed to be orientated? The seals have a “ridge” on one side and the other side is flat. When I removed the seals the ridge was on the injector side and the flat side was against the intake manifold. Is this correct? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kimcheefists is offline   Reply With Quote