follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #29
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmtigers View Post
So much butthurt in this thread

Where's the butt hurt at..??
btw if you or anyone else thinks I get butt hurt feels about what anyone has to say on the webz your wrong.
One of my friends posted this and it true of most keyboard warriors on the web.

Quote: Some people admire things they can't get, but others turn to hate them instead...

I'm just tired of people wanting parts they shouldn't have and not being happy with the cars they own.

With so much hate post about the FR-S RS 1.0 you wouldn't even think these threads would have been made just my opinion.

With that said the two threads below shows this forum has very few true "Car Enthusiast" on it really your posting hate about the same car you drive with factory mods.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75352

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63040

Last edited by TRD-X; 10-29-2014 at 09:38 AM.
TRD-X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRD-X For This Useful Post:
yellowfrs (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
GT86meMR2

Drives: MR Spyder/GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sucks that the the RS 1.0 Aero kit looks like a bad cheap replica of the JDM TRD kit... a yellow painted JDM TRD would look way nicer...
Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #31
Supercharged
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They should have put the TRD Supercharger in the RS 1.0 to make it worth it.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Supercharged For This Useful Post:
Braces (11-01-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #32
TRD-X

@Supercharged I think there's a lot of FR-S owners that wish Toyota/Scion would offer a supercharger for the car I agree 100% with your statement.
Braces (11-01-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #33
CAMBAM_6
CAMBAM

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
I never could understand why someone would want to be a "Poser"...

If it's not a yellow FR-S it's like putting a "Ferrari Emblem" on a FR-S.

My 2 cents.

First of all you do realize that TRD parts were made and available before the 1.0 came out. Before the 1.0 came out it was inspired by another car previously built with similar TRD parts and more, a lot more. The first one I saw was almost 2 years ago and it was a whiteout...Sooo any GT86/FRS can use TRD parts and NOT be a poser...and yes i know there are some differences with the 1.0
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #34
TRD-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMBAM_6 View Post
First of all you do realize these parts were made and available before the 1.0 came out. Before the 1.0 came out it was inspired by another car previously built with the same TRD parts and more, a lot more. The first one I saw was almost 2 years ago and it was a whiteout...Sooo any GT86/FRS can use TRD parts and NOT be a poser

OK whatever bro...

Please post a link to these parts before the RS 1.0 was released meaning the body kit.

I understand the other parts have been available in JDM land.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #35
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Where's the butt hurt at..??
btw if you or anyone else thinks I get butt hurt feels about what anyone has to say on the webz your wrong.
One of my friends posted this and it true of most keyboard warriors on the web.

Quote: Some people admire things they can't get, but others turn to hate them instead...

I'm just tired of people wanting parts they shouldn't have and not being happy with the cars they own.

With so much hate post about the FR-S RS 1.0 you wouldn't even think these threads would have been made just my opinion.

With that said the two threads below shows this forum has very few true "Car Enthusiast" on it really your posting hate about the same car you drive with factory mods.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75352

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63040

No one is jealous calm your tits
"I love dinosaurs so much that I’ve based my life on burning as much black melted dinosaur flesh as I can on a daily basis...even the screaming sound of prehistoric reptilians being burnt through any of the classic Japanese four cylinders gives me great joy."
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to calmtigers For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (10-31-2014), funwheeldrive (10-29-2014), NemesisPrime909 (10-29-2014), Nsot (11-27-2014), retrosmiths (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #36
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

My 2 cents.
If somebody want's a part or two it isn't really "posing". If they do up the whole car and paint it yellow then ya!

I read someplace a few years back that there are almost twice as many Chevelle SSs on the road now than were actually made so posing is certainly nothing new.

Don't understand the level of hate this car gets. It is just a special edition and if people don't like it they don't have to buy it.
I bet that most of the guys slamming it have done a bunch of mods to make their own cars stand out.

Like you said later in the thread just take the imitation as flattery and run with it!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:

These cars were made by Toyota with the thought that owners would modify them. You would think a "true car enthusiast" would be open to the idea of people putting different parts on their car. Why shouldn't other owners have the option of buying things like a TRD steering wheel?

You don't see me getting mad at people for installing leather seats or DLR headlights on their FRS. Grow up man.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
retrosmiths (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #38
TRD-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
These cars were made by Toyota with the thought that owners would modify them. You would think a "true car enthusiast" would be open to the idea of people putting different parts on their car. Why shouldn't other owners have the option of buying things like a TRD steering wheel?

You don't see me getting mad at people for installing leather seats or DLR headlights on their FRS. Grow up man.
These cars were made by Toyota wrong > designed by Toyota made by Subaru/Fuji Heavy Industries

I'm not mad I just think this and every other FR-S RS 1.0 thread lately is full of negative replies. With that said "true car enthusiast" don't put down another owners car and the sad thing is this isn't the first time the poor 10 Series FR-S got a beat down also.

btw @funwheeldrive I'm a adult not a child like most of the keyboard warriors here.
btw NEWBIE I'm on my 4th FR-S and your kind of new here so how about reading some post before saying some of the off wall sh!t to me.

Anyone who thinks I care about the members post content here needs to wake up because I don't care about what people post it's the webz.

Next.....

Last edited by TRD-X; 10-29-2014 at 02:46 PM.
TRD-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #39
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
These cars were made by Toyota wrong > designed by Toyota made by Subaru/Fuji Heavy Industries
Wow, way to split hairs there. I wasn't talking about where the car was produced, I was talking about the ideal that caused this car to be put into production. This car wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Tetsuya Tada and his vision of an affordable sports car.

Quote:
I'm not mad I just think this and every other FR-S RS 1.0 thread lately is full of negative replies. With that said "true car enthusiast" don't put down another owners car and the sad thing is this isn't the first time the poor 10 Series FR-S got a beat down also.
This thread was doing just fine until you posted this:

Quote:

My 2 cents.
Calling people Posers just because they want to modify their car with OEM quality parts? Sounds pretty negative to me.

Quote:
btw @funwheeldrive I'm a adult not a child like most of the keyboard warriors here.
You could have fooled me. Maybe you should start acting like an adult if you want to get treated like one.

Quote:
btw NEWBIE I'm on my 4th FR-S and your kind of new here so how about reading some post before saying some of the off wall sh!t to me.

Anyone who thinks I care about the members post content here needs to wake up because I don't care about what people post it's the webz.
I've been following the development of the gt86 since it was a rumor on other message boards. I've been lurking here for years, I just waited to make an account until I actually bought my car. Nice try though.

Look, I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but I just don't understand why you think fellow FRS owners should be denied certain parts just because they were offered on a special edition car? I think its rather selfish and elitist of you. Would you call me a poser for buying underbody panels since they were only available for the Series Blue BRZ?

Last edited by funwheeldrive; 10-29-2014 at 03:20 PM.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Nsot (11-27-2014), retrosmiths (10-29-2014), unsurety (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #40
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
$2831 for a steering wheel? Seriously? Why?
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #41
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I just hope the negativity over being able to buy these in this thread isn't a matter of "I paid X amount for this look so if someone else paid less then I don't like it." sort of thing. I've seen some nice Fauxarris in my day, and I always get a good laugh out of it and think that the person did a good job. I wouldn't be mad if I had a Ferrari and saw a fake one.

Heck, I'm not mad when I hear what people paid for used FR-S cars that had more options than my new one did. Cause I'm having fun in mine. You should have fun in yours too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
$2831 for a steering wheel? Seriously? Why?
Probably limited manufacturing runs, and they want you to really want it. Like the Porsche jackets and stuff.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #42
TRD-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Wow, way to split hairs there. I wasn't talking about where the car was produced, I was talking about the ideal that caused this car to be put into production. This car wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Tetsuya Tada and his vision of an affordable sports car.

This thread was doing just fine until you posted this:

Calling people Posers just because they want to modify their car with OEM quality parts? Sounds pretty negative to me.

You could have fooled me. Maybe you should start acting like an adult if you want to get treated like one.

I've been following the development of the gt86 since it was a rumor on other message boards. I've been lurking here for years, I just waited to make an account until I actually bought my car. Nice try though.

Look, I'm not trying to start a fight with you, but I just don't understand why you think fellow FRS owners should be denied certain parts just because they were offered on a special edition car? I think its rather selfish and elitist of you. Would you call me a poser for buying underbody panels since they were only available for the Series Blue BRZ?

Maybe because these cars are suppose to be VIN protected parts and if it wasn't for the so called "Stealerships" only owners would be able to buy the parts we the owners paid for unique cars. Now if you buy JDM parts like the steering wheel I have no problem with that as the parts aren't from a limited edition model.

The 10 Series owners seen the same hate post about their cars quote "Ricer glowing Emblems" and "Ricer dash panel" to name a few from so called fellow FR-S owners lame in my opinion. I know about this @funwheeldrive as I'm one of those 10 Series owners.

So with that said there's a lot of members that talked trash about this FR-S model (fellow FR-S owners) but wait now they want the parts off of it.....facepalm.

Owner of 4 FR-S's and counting.......