follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #1401
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was about to buy a 370Z before the BRZ caught my eye. I still think it's a good car. I like the demensions and the power. It's a fact that they've never been all that refined, but it is what it is on that aspect. I had a '05 G35 coupe 6MT and that car was a hoot to drive.

One thing I've noticed though, whenever someone in a 370Z passes me by in my BRZ seem to want to show off their power differentail. They usually rev hard and zoom by me. Makes me wonder why they always feel the need to prove something. I don't rev my motor and zoom by every '76 Gremlin I see.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #1402
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Like many other ownership vs ownerships, 370z owners feel that they need to establish that they are better, because it would seem that they are personally attacked as a owner and enthusiast with the BRZ/FRS on the market.

Honestly, and I hope you 370z owners are listening. There is nothing for you to prove against the FRS/BRZ. Your car is a true homage to what a sports car is, and what a performance coupe should be.

But, even if a person, buys a Mustang, Genesis coupe, a Miata, and a 370z. They still will never fill the void and market need, for a brand new, affordable, small, lightweight rwd sports coupe.

and the FRS/BRZ is about how I feel about myself as a driver, while the 370z is about fitting in as the poster boy of Sports cars.

But man, do the lines blur in SCCA autoX.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #1403
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAgentzero13 View Post
ahahah your right wolf I'm 12. Thinking your car is a supercar ahahaha another reason why people are going away from this community already cocky idiots
Need help finding the door?

By the way, when did I say the FRS/BRZ was a supercar? That's right, I didn't...go play in traffic.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
jstans84 (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #1404
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
Like many other ownership vs ownerships, 370z owners feel that they need to establish that they are better, because it would seem that they are personally attacked as a owner and enthusiast with the BRZ/FRS on the market.

Honestly, and I hope you 370z owners are listening. There is nothing for you to prove against the FRS/BRZ. Your car is a true homage to what a sports car is, and what a performance coupe should be.

But, even if a person, buys a Mustang, Genesis coupe, a Miata, and a 370z. They still will never fill the void and market need, for a brand new, affordable, small, lightweight rwd sports coupe.

and the FRS/BRZ is about how I feel about myself as a driver, while the 370z is about fitting in as the poster boy of Sports cars.

But man, do the lines blur in SCCA autoX.
Speaking only for myself, I am disappointed with Toyota. I bought the Z as a stop gap. My first choice was an 86 that was not made. Something closer to the Gazoo racing variant was what I had (very stupidly) hoped for. Each critical post of mine is my pitiful attempt to express that disappointment (which no one may care about -- oh well); spleen venting.

I only still want a Z because the twins let me down. Otherwise, I'd be shopping for one right now.

I am hoping and praying Toyota releases a version that makes me hate the Z and want a new car. Failing that, I'm looking forward to the next gen Z, promised to be lighter, or the return of the Supra (not holding my breath).

This has nothing to do with ego, at least not for me. I look forward to Toyota mounting a successful attack against the Z. So far they've only fired one across the bow of the Miata...
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #1405
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Speaking only for myself, I am disappointed with Toyota. I bought the Z as a stop gap. My first choice was an 86 that was not made. Something closer to the Gazoo racing variant was what I had (very stupidly) hoped for. Each critical post of mine is my pitiful attempt to express that disappointment (which no one may care about -- oh well); spleen venting.

I only still want a Z because the twins let me down. Otherwise, I'd be shopping for one right now.

I am hoping and praying Toyota releases a version that makes me hate the Z and want a new car. Failing that, I'm looking forward to the next gen Z, promised to be lighter, or the return of the Supra (not holding my breath).

This has nothing to do with ego, at least not for me. I look forward to Toyota mounting a successful attack against the Z. So far they've only fired one across the bow of the Miata...
I hear ya Jordo! there is still that gap (IN BETWEEN the FRS and 370z/Mustang) in the market for a Lightweight 2door sports coupe coming in at 250-300hp to reminiscent of the days long forgotten.

Unfortunately the the Supra is most likely going upscale, beyond 370z price ranges, so whats left for Toyota? The Celica name is said to still have a strong future, and we can HOPE that Toyota will play its cards right and make it a direct competitor to the FRS in the performance segment not ommiting the other features that the FRS offers.

Also if Nissan goes on a counter-offensive against Toyota/Subaru, it would not be with the 370z. It will likely be with a Silvia. The 370z sharing platform has a less chance of debloating unless Nissan is willing to shell out more money to update the chassy, which also doesnt seem likely.

Toyota will never mount an attack, or target any car with the 86, its ideals represent a world without competitors. Focusing on only the Driver and the Road. So you can forget that dream that the FRS will evolve into a proper competitive sports car.

Stick with the Z34 buddy, try to love it, be patient, your dream car is coming, and i know that the twins arnt it.

Im holding my breath for the new Alfa Romero built from Mazda-Fiat new MX-5 chassis venture, the rx9 that will shortly follow, and a Silvia. I think those cars are just up your ally.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #1406
Splat

Drives: FR-S ultramarine
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
I hear ya Jordo! there is still that gap (IN BETWEEN the FRS and 370z/Mustang) in the market for a Lightweight 2door sports coupe coming in at 250-300hp to reminiscent of the days long forgotten.

Unfortunately the the Supra is most likely going upscale, beyond 370z price ranges, so whats left for Toyota? The Celica name is said to still have a strong future, and we can HOPE that Toyota will play its cards right and make it a direct competitor to the FRS in the performance segment not ommiting the other features that the FRS offers.
I hope not, IMO, the celica is just as ugly as the Z.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #1407
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
ahahah your right wolf I'm 12. Thinking your car is a supercar ahahaha another reason why people are going away from this community already cocky idiots
god damn dude.. youre like that asian 350Z owner "TOP DOWN TOP DOWN I GOT CHROME" your points just arent valid. Coming from an observer of the conversation, you come off as unintelligent (i.e. ahahahaah you suck!!?! lololol) and it make me want to disagree w/ everything you say. Not a single 86 owner is leaving this community, just the rival haters that come to invade and troll.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #1408
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You just proved an amazing point! The Z came in first place over a RX8 R3 in C&D. This is why I believe in my own opinion. Fuck critics!
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #1409
xAgentzero13
Banned

Drives: genesis coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica00 View Post
god damn dude.. youre like that asian 350Z owner "TOP DOWN TOP DOWN I GOT CHROME" your points just arent valid. Coming from an observer of the conversation, you come off as unintelligent (i.e. ahahahaah you suck!!?! lololol) and it make me want to disagree w/ everything you say. Not a single 86 owner is leaving this community, just the rival haters that come to invade and troll.
ok what did I say wrong Know it all!? The 370z is not a good car for the money anymore if you don't like what I say then leave or don't read my post
xAgentzero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #1410
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
ok what did I say wrong Know it all!? The 370z is not a good car for the money anymore if you don't like what I say then leave or don't read my post
point proven. thank you
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #1411
xAgentzero13
Banned

Drives: genesis coupe
Exactly
xAgentzero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #1412
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
"Best sports car on the planet":

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...place-page-5-2

Disclaimers:
1) "...for the money"
2) in 2009
There, fixed the quote for you and provided a date to keep that statement in context. Also, you should keep in mind that a number of people on these forums (myself included) bought the FR-S because they felt the 370z was a let-down. Personally, I don't feel the need to troll the 370z forums though.

Not sure what you're expecting to accomplish by being on these boards and constantly harping on the fact that the 370z is faster and how "the twins let you down". You're not going to find many sympathetic opinions on a board full of people who bought the twins over the 370z
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #1413
Lonewolf

Some people shouldn't be allowed to go outside without a helmet or be on the internet unsupervised...zero try not to end up on dateline with chris hansen...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #1414
Lonewolf

That and Nissan stopped paying the magazines the ad fees that they love so much...money talks...

Tags
fanboi, lame