follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #169
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think you are. The deposit should be the LEAST of your worries. They are required by state law to refund you if you want to renege on the deal. Its pretty cut-and-dry, wether you sign something or not. IMO you are screwing your self by waiting for the pre order date to put a deposit down. If I had waited till March 1st to place a deposit on the BRZ, I would have been 9th on my dealer's list.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #170
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Drives: 97' Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
I think you are. The deposit should be the LEAST of your worries. They are required by state law to refund you if you want to renege on the deal. Its pretty cut-and-dry, wether you sign something or not. IMO you are screwing your self by waiting for the pre order date to put a deposit down. If I had waited till March 1st to place a deposit on the BRZ, I would have been 9th on my dealer's list.
This isn't my first car purchase, this isn't my first time putting a deposit on a future release...I'm not confused I know what I'm doing. I'm getting tired of explaining myself to people who are too stuck in their mentality to understand my point of view because obviously it hasn't gotten me anywhere thus far. You seem so sure about these people being crooks and the fact I'm doing it all wrong.

If I don't get the car right away I'm not going to slit my wrists and bleed out over it, It's a car. I have more important things in life to stress over honestly. I plan on buying one when I can and if a local dealer tells me they aren't taking deposits yet I'm not going to drive an hour out to give someone else my money...I'll sit tight and wait. Worst case scenario I wait till later this year and have enough cash saved to pay the car off outright. Oh noes.

Canon Photographer - My Website - Flickr Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
That's it. I'm cancelling my pre pre-order.
gt86mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #171
Tbxgz

Alright man calm down, this is a discussion not a flame war. Everything in my post was explanatory not accusational. You failed to mentioned that you weren't in any rush to get the first allocation. In that case, sure I agree, no need to place a deposit.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #172
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

I'm perfectly calm, never insinuated I was upset or this was some sort of war. lol

Maybe I should add more smilies to my posts or something?

EDIT: You did actually say "I think you are." to me being confused....sounds like an accusation but I didn't take offense. You don't know me and clearly don't understand my thought process which I've explained multiple times.

Quote:

Last edited by gt86mods; 03-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #173
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Since I wanted to be on the first allocation of BRZs, I put my money down before March 1st and I became first in line at my dealer for a BRZ. On the morning of March 1st, my order was put in first, and I'll have the first allocation (Was that enough 'firsts' ?).

If you don't care to be among the first buyers, then it's okay to wait. Especially since the rumor is that the FR-S will be produced in greater numbers, and therefore be more available.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #174
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Since I wanted to be on the first allocation of BRZs, I put my money down before March 1st and I became first in line at my dealer for a BRZ. On the morning of March 1st, my order was put in first, and I'll have the first allocation (Was that enough 'firsts' ?).

If you don't care to be among the first buyers, then it's okay to wait. Especially since the rumor is that the FR-S will be produced in greater numbers, and therefore be more available.
Lucky! Hopefully you'll have your BRZ early and have all summer to enjoy it. I've heard that there will be twice as many FR-S than BRZ for US production this year so with those odds I feel I'm in good hands.

As long as I get my car this year I'm fine. I'm not looking for bragging rights or anything, I just wanna get my hands on one just as much as we all do. I'm thinking August, late summer is when I'll get mine I'm in no rush and if the dealer I'm working with tells me they don't have a waiting list or aren't taking deposits I'm not going to keep pushing them more than I already have. I'll just sit tight and see what happens. Earlier would be great, but I'm not stressing about it.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #175
Tbxgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
I gave fitz $500 for a deposit for a White FRS. No Regrets. Although come April/May If the car is already out and there is a month or 2 waiting list i may pull it back.
Did you talk prices/deals?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #176
MindtheGap

Drives: Ultramarine FRS mt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I been to my local Scion dealer about 5 times now. Salesman said he would call/email me with information, but I think they are just too out of touch to be aggressive about getting the car. I talked to a different sales person recently who said the same thing, but added once we confirm information would you put a deposit down? I might have to find a bigger dealer in MD who has more clout and/or knowledge to get my car quickly. Or maybe the original dealer just wanted to wait to the allocations come out... who knows.
MindtheGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #177
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I think things will be easier once the cars are readily avaliable and the Scion people all over the country have a better idea about everything

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #178
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindtheGap View Post
I been to my local Scion dealer about 5 times now. Salesman said he would call/email me with information, but I think they are just too out of touch to be aggressive about getting the car. I talked to a different sales person recently who said the same thing, but added once we confirm information would you put a deposit down? I might have to find a bigger dealer in MD who has more clout and/or knowledge to get my car quickly. Or maybe the original dealer just wanted to wait to the allocations come out... who knows.
I just think a lot of Scion dealers are playing it safe until they get the green light from corporate to take deposits and put in pre-orders. I've been told the same thing and although I'm anxious there's really nothing you can do. Some dealers are taking deposits on their own accord without an official list or pre-order system in place and personally I think that's irresponsible, but they are just trying to land sales. Such is the business.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #179
Biggins

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Does anyone know of any local dealers who have one in their showroom yet?
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #180
ScurrilousKnave

Drives: '96 AE102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've been meaning to stop by Jones Juction Scion and Thompson Scion on my way home from work one of these days and find out what they're doing in the way of pre-orders and if they intend to sell at MSRP. Not sure if anyone else on here is in Harford County, but I'll post it when I find out.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #181
Raven33

Drives: future frs owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
I've been meaning to stop by Jones Juction Scion and Thompson Scion on my way home from work one of these days and find out what they're doing in the way of pre-orders and if they intend to sell at MSRP. Not sure if anyone else on here is in Harford County, but I'll post it when I find out.

At Thompson Scion we are taking pre-orders. As a matter of fact we already have one pre-sold. I'd like to talk to you about ordering with us. Stop by and ask for Tom or give us a call 410-679-1500.

Thanks
Raven33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #182
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I got confirmation from my dealership they should be able to get my FR-S from the first batch coming to the midatlantic area

Has anyone got this ?
kanundrum is offline   Reply With Quote