follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
FewTooManyBeers

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Question Wheel Question on Stock Shocks

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade to 18" rims, on Stock suspension. I currently have stock 2015 Scion FR-S rims and everything else. I don't quite understand the whole Offset, Camber, ect deal. Total noob.

My choices thus far are:

- TSW Nurburgring RF 18x8 / Offset 35 alt. 18x8.5 / Offset 45

- Enkei Raijin 18x8 / Offset 35 or 45 alt. 18x8.5 / Offset 45

What I wan't to achieve is flush look, or sticking out a bit, but flush is preferred on the Stock suspension, I don't have money for Coils at the moment. Can someone give me more feedback.

Thank you.

Last edited by FewTooManyBeers; 06-25-2018 at 01:12 AM.
FewTooManyBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:04 AM   #2
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Your question is too broad. You need to narrow it down to exactly what you want then choose the wheel(if that wheel will even achieve what you are looking for. You'd be better off starting with a real thorough search in this wheel section and look at other cars with that size/offset to begin with. Also if you are changing to coils then that will change everything later for fitment. I'd start with looking at a online wheel calculator thing like this: https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Then you'll know where you will be by inputting the stock wheels and check what will happen with those wheels you are looking at. You'll want to be close to 20-30mm more poke to be flush. You still will want to either see in person those size/offset wheels on another frs/brz/86 if there any around you or just use other pictures in here with the size/offset you want and pull the trigger.

Be warned: Unless you are OK with spending money on wheels/tires/coils/spacers/LCA/camber bolts/springs/etc. and changing it later and spending more money after you realize you should have spend money differently in the beginning, I would say do a lot of searching in this wheel section to see other peoples rides to start with.

Did I mention searching in here and looking at other peoples wheel/tires/suspensions?
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enkei raijin, frs, rims, tsw wheels, wheel fitment