follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #99
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I mean as long as your happy with your purchase then you should be happy. It's not like people are paying for your car anyways. Even though in my opinion the BRZ/FRS are a little sportier than the civic, both are nice cars.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #100
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
I'm sorry, but civics will always be wannabes in my book. Especially Si's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dospod View Post
:/ this is (in my eyes) a very dumb decision. Aftermarket support for the k24 in that car isn't all that great , the motor itself feels very "meh" , and it will always be fwd. If you just had to have a civic with v-tec the better buy would have been an 8th gen with a k20 (k20-24 hybrids have better aftermarket support than the k24 in the 9th gen)..... very sad to see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonicname View Post
The BRZ is for the people who enjoy the track, people who know how to drive or want to learn. The civic couldn't hold a candle at the track. you were never the target market so I'm glad you are out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
If by "shit talk" you mean valid discussion generated from the countless comparos from legitimate publications and the OEM, than yeah, we talk a lotta shit. And if you don't like it, get out of here. Without the automotive world's sentiment, a lot of this shit discussion otherwise wouldn't exist. Sorry if the world outside ft86club likes to troll other cars.

--
I still question this guy's intent. Many of his posts consistently try to convince me to not like my car as much as I really, really do. A car purpose-built for driving fun and enthusiasm. In essence, his posts dissuade enthusiasts from being enthusiasts. Most of us don't care for performance numbers yet he feels a need to focus on it as if it were important to us... to remind us of something obvious which we are already very well aware of. Yes, we are fans of what appears to be a mediocre car in his world yet isn't mediocre to the world in general.

If he posts with similar intents on any of his Miata forums (since they are similar cars in essence), then I'll accept more of his posts as genuine rather than hate-driven.

"This isn’t about specifications or numbers but a cultural phenomenon."
-Moto-P
when i say shit talk, i mean posts like the ones above. not really valid discussions or even discussions at all.

theres a little bit of irony here because i clearly remember you using the factory backed griffon trd gt86 race car going around tsukuba faster than an italia as proof that the frs is better than the 458.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #101
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
when i say shit talk, i mean posts like the ones above. not really valid discussions or even discussions at all.

theres a little bit of irony here because i clearly remember you using the factory backed griffon trd gt86 race car going around tsukuba faster than an italia as proof that the frs is better than the 458.
What about it? That thread compared it to supercars out of playful gloat. Then people jumped in misinterpreting it as dead seriousness and derailed the thread to spite our good spirits. The OEM ran an 86 on a stock engine with simple bolt-ons, aero, and weight reduction around a world-known circuit faster than the 458. Track time was not the main focus but merely a reference point; the point was to demonstrate how the 86 is a balanced platform for tuning. I, and many others, don't like and buy this car because it goes faster or slower than a 458 or any other car around a track. But we are fanatics about its balanced package. If it can go faster on a stock engine than a 458, can't our enthusiasm be allowed to be a little bit justified?

Last edited by switchlanez; 05-02-2013 at 01:41 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #102
fatoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
What about it? That thread compared it to supercars out of playful gloat. Then people misinterpreted it as dead seriousness and derailed the thread to spite our good spirits. The OEM ran an 86 on a stock engine sith simple bolt-ons, aero, and weight reduction around a world known circuit faster than the 458. Track time was not the main focus but merely a reference point. The point of the exercise was to demonstrate how the 86 is a balanced platform for tuning. I, and many others, don't like and buy this car because it goes faster or slower than a 458 or any other car around a track. But we are fanatics about its balanced package. If it can go faster on a stock engine than a 458, can't our enthusiasm be allowed to be a little bit justified?

"This isn’t about specifications or numbers but a cultural phenomenon."
-Moto-P
im not going to get into that argument again. this thread is about a guy who traded in his brz and is happy. in his review and his reasoning its clear that the civic meets his needs and expectations better the brz and some people are responding to that in a pretty negative fashion.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #103
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
im not going to get into that argument again. this thread is about a guy who traded in his brz and is happy. in his review and his reasoning its clear that the civic meets his needs and expectations better the brz and some people are responding to that in a pretty negative fashion.
Good thing you were here to put a stop to that...lol
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #104
fatoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Good thing you were here to put a stop to that...lol
if you dont like what i have to say, its probably in your best interest to stop antagonizing me.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #105
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Did somebody just call the BRZ mediocre?
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #106
Coheed

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I stomped some SIs at a recent track event in my bone-stock BRZ. Must be the madd driving skills yo.
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #107
Neo Zuko

Drives: Future BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
LOL @ how this thread turned out
Neo Zuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #108
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Funny!!!!!!

Your avatar is a HONDA Goldwing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
Yeah, I was confused by that as well.
I wouldn't piss on a Honda if it was on fire.. I wouldn't own one if it was given to me, it would sit there until sold.. It's a personal thing, that I dislike.. A lot of it is the douche bag Honda drivers, a lot of it is the douche bag Honda Racing Company, or HRC.. Yeah I have a gold wing doing a wheelie, something that looks bazaar and takes quite a skilled rider to do it..

What I ride

And how I ride it

Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
Bristecom (04-21-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #109
Lonewolf

Quote:
if you dont like what i have to say, its probably in your best interest to stop antagonizing me.
Or else what?

You sure enjoy spouting your opinion, but can't take others views very well. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm not going anywhere, but the door is that way ----->
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #110
fatoni

Quote:
Or else what?

You sure enjoy spouting your opinion, but can't take others views very well. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I'm not going anywhere, but the door is that way ----->
you dont understand. its not "or else" anything. if you dont want to listen to me rant and im already done with the discussion, it is in your best interest to just to leave it alone. responding to my posts with comments that add nothing to the original discussion isnt going to help your cause and, imo, is pretty textbook trolling. it doesnt really bother me, just pointing it out.

theres no heat, no kitchen and no doors. there is no tension or bitterness on my side. im just saying that if you dont want me to talk, talking to me is not going to help. its simple really.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #111
Lonewolf

Quote:
you dont understand. its not "or else" anything. if you dont want to listen to me rant and im already done with the discussion, it is in your best interest to just to leave it alone. responding to my posts with comments that add nothing to the original discussion isnt going to help your cause and, imo, is pretty textbook trolling. it doesnt really bother me, just pointing it out.

theres no heat, no kitchen and no doors. there is no tension or bitterness on my side. im just saying that if you dont want me to talk, talking to me is not going to help. its simple really.
Being called a troll, by a troll...the irony is hilarious
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
Gixxersixxerman (04-21-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #112
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Being called a troll, by a troll...the irony is hilarious