follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #43
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
2-3 years from now they will be hazed and leaky >.< nothing beats oem longevity learned that the hard way
If that's the biggest issue. Use the OEM lenses, the case is the same, some butyl rubber in there, bake it together with the OEM lens, and then you won't have that problem.. The people that seem to complain the most about the winjets, are the ones that paid 1200$-2200$ for OEM, now they get to see a light come out that looks really close and it's 450$ shipped.. So bake them and add your lenses and fixed.. I personally like the stock FRS light, I don't see what the big deal is about the JDM craze.. I guess because it's "JDM"

My current setup, modded and tuned, morimoto bixenon mini H1 6.0, white coated xbled halos, yellow high beam reflectors

The modded and tuned G37 are going in the winjets. I'm running them because of business I guess.. People like them, they will see mine modded and painted up and hopefully want the same..
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
eddieEndo (01-26-2014), zohare (01-26-2014)
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #44
NahumCC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
With the 10 series headlamp assembly can the dealer program the control module to have the LED lights on with the xenon all the time instead of turning them off when the low beams are commanded on?

Can they also be reprogrammed to keep the LED strip on at all times unless the parking lamp is selected on the stalk?

Can't stand that they get turned off if I have the E-brake pulled.
NahumCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #45
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
With the 10 series headlamp assembly can the dealer program the control module to have the LED lights on with the xenon all the time instead of turning them off when the low beams are commanded on?

Can they also be reprogrammed to keep the LED strip on at all times unless the parking lamp is selected on the stalk?

Can't stand that they get turned off if I have the E-brake pulled.
No the the dealership cannot. Please see the following threads for more details as it has been covered here, and among other threads on how owners have worked around this. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44066
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50790

So far we've only figured out how to keep it on at all times when e-brake is not pulled. Good luck finding a solution for that.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #46
NahumCC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
No the the dealership cannot. Please see the following threads for more details as it has been covered here, and among other threads on how owners have worked around this. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44066

So far we've only figured out how to keep it on at all times when e-brake is not pulled. Good luck finding a solution for that.

Bummer that it isn't as simple as control module setting. Thanks for the info.
NahumCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #47
zohare

Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
If that's the biggest issue. Use the OEM lenses, the case is the same, some butyl rubber in there, bake it together with the OEM lens, and then you won't have that problem.. The people that seem to complain the most about the winjets, are the ones that paid 1200$-2200$ for OEM, now they get to see a light come out that looks really close and it's 450$ shipped.. So bake them and add your lenses and fixed.. I personally like the stock FRS light, I don't see what the big deal is about the JDM craze.. I guess because it's "JDM"

My current setup, modded and tuned, morimoto bixenon mini H1 6.0, white coated xbled halos, yellow high beam reflectors

The modded and tuned G37 are going in the winjets. I'm running them because of business I guess.. People like them, they will see mine modded and painted up and hopefully want the same..
Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip! Yeah It's partially that, and the mod just to mod. It's what people do. Even me... Stupid stuff. Like badging. Just makes the car more yours, and more to what you like. However, I was expecting a bit more than the projectors... at least and HID option? ya know? and it's not so much that they're JDM, it's that they nicer and people don't want to bake stuff or spend money. I personally sorta prefer the BRZ lights? Maybe it's just me. I think they match the Valenti tails nicely, and of course, the toms. Which I may get just because the LED blinkers are impossible to see during the day in the Valentis... Any suggestions there are also welcome... -.- They need that... multi... angle... crystally plastic crap to refract the light more, because the chrome around the LEDs just isn't enough. PM if you have ideas please, I'll stop threadjacking.... someday I promise.
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #48
zohare

Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post

LOL picturing someone at a drift event... Dude walks over afterwards. "Hey man nice run, but uh, your DRLs are going out. They kept flashing the whole time."
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #49
ericw2k

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is this HID already?

I drive slow!
ericw2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #50
STV3
Seņor Member

Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
I can vouch for them - they are a real Toyota Dealer and a live person will speak to you if you need help ordering. My headlights were shipped via UPS with signature verification as they should be.
How long did they take to ship from the time you placed your order?
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #51
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw2k View Post
Is this HID already?
What are you asking? The monogram and 10 series are HID yes.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #52
Tuan

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
How long did they take to ship from the time you placed your order?
Took about two weeks to get them.

Just a note, when you install the headlamps you need to remove the DRL resistor module which is located under the Right headlight area, mounted to the frame of the car. PM me if you need any help when they arrive.
Tuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #53
STV3
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
Took about two weeks to get them.

Just a note, when you install the headlamps you need to remove the DRL resistor module which is located under the Right headlight area, mounted to the frame of the car. PM me if you need any help when they arrive.
Thanks, I actually got the tracking numbers a few days ago. They'll be here tomorrow

Yeah I read about removing the DRL resistor box, that will be the very first thing I do when I take the bumper off.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #54
milkesfrs

Drives: hot lava
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Gentleman, in my opinion Scion is riding the FRS crazy.Charging these outrageous prices for something that you can get for one quarter the amount in aftermarket parts.Unless you're going to collect the car to keep it in your garage for 40 years it's not worth spending the money. Every 6 months they add some thing to the FRS and want 1500.00 more for the car. Unless Scion going to add factory FI so I don't void my warranty keep it. I took what that gave me plain and made my own dream for 1/4 the price . I even have the push to start n my FRS.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJyaDdwL0k"]Advanced Keys Push to Start Installed Scion FRS. - YouTube[/ame]
Attached Images

Last edited by milkesfrs; 01-30-2014 at 11:22 AM.
milkesfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milkesfrs For This Useful Post:
hotpanda1 (02-03-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #55
STV3
Seņor Member

My headlights just came in today . Harnesses from @DeOppressorLiber should be here tomorrow.

Anyone bother installing the head light leveling switch? I believe that I read without it hooked up the headlights are at the highest level.
The Following User Says Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
DeOppressorLiber (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #56
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
My headlights just came in today . Harnesses from @DeOppressorLiber should be here tomorrow.

Anyone bother installing the head light leveling switch? I believe that I read without it hooked up the headlights are at the highest level.

im running jdm lights with his harness without a leveling switch, the level isnt high at all. i drove next to a camry and the camry was throwing light higher than my lights.
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to m.box.design For This Useful Post:
DeOppressorLiber (01-31-2014)