follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
Shiv@Openflash

Old 07-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
ysu

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Auto
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to contact OFT?

Gents, how the heck can one contact OFT?
I've ordered a tablet - express shipping for a small fortune! - last thursday.

The tracking still shows it as it's not sent. (pre-shipment info sent electronically)

I've emailed them, contacted them on the online form now, and tried to call them (only a fax machine seems to be on the line)
Sadly I'm in a complete opposite time zone so the phone option is rather tough. Still, it should not be too late at this time of the day, IMO.

It's order number 795 if anyone from OFT reads this...please guys send it ASAP, I'd like to have it this week - altho I'm not sure if that's even possible now.

I've ordered via express for a reason!
ysu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysu View Post
Gents, how the heck can one contact OFT?
I've ordered a tablet - express shipping for a small fortune! - last thursday.

The tracking still shows it as it's not sent. (pre-shipment info sent electronically)

I've emailed them, contacted them on the online form now, and tried to call them (only a fax machine seems to be on the line)
Sadly I'm in a complete opposite time zone so the phone option is rather tough. Still, it should not be too late at this time of the day, IMO.

It's order number 795 if anyone from OFT reads this...please guys send it ASAP, I'd like to have it this week - altho I'm not sure if that's even possible now.

I've ordered via express for a reason!
It's a National holiday today(July 4th) and most businesses are closed. Thursday your time may have been Friday our time, past closing time(5pm?). Business starts slow(for open flash AND shipping companies) after any national holiday as everything was backed up from the week before. Business will resume Tuesday aka Wednesday for you. Be patient, your timing was bad.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
ysu (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #3
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
You ordered something on the tail end of a business week and major holiday here in the US. Pre-Shipment info more than likely mean it was packed up and ready to be picked up/dropped off to whatever shipping company of choice. Very likely you won't see any change until tomorrow.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shady195 For This Useful Post:
ysu (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
ysu

Oh bummer. Thanks, I had no idea about holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
It's a National holiday today(July 4th) and most businesses are closed. Thursday your time may have been Friday our time, past closing time(5pm?). Business starts slow(for open flash AND shipping companies) after any national holiday as everything was backed up from the week before. Business will resume Tuesday aka Wednesday for you. Be patient, your timing was bad.
Thanks, thursday is thursday though. Australia is the first to pass the 0 line. So everyone else is behind (new years, first mayor fireworks is the Aussie one)

Also, monday should have worked. Well, I'm not happy either way, but what can I do.

Edit: tbh the biggest bummer is that there's no one re-selling OFT in Australia.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #5
phrosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
From what I've seen, OpenFlash does not ship daily but in small batches. It'll probably ship within a few days.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phrosty For This Useful Post:
ysu (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 12:13 AM   #6
ysu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
From what I've seen, OpenFlash does not ship daily but in small batches. It'll probably ship within a few days.
If that's true that's not nice when I pay US$115 for the bloody shipping to get it in time. This shipping from the US is a total ripoff.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #7
phrosty

Quote:
This shipping from the US is a total ripoff.
Every business who tries shipping stuff from US to AU has their mind blown by the costs. And then again when they need to ship something outside of the major areas.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
Old 07-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
ysu

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
Every business who tries shipping stuff from US to AU has their mind blown by the costs. And then again when they need to ship something outside of the major areas.
But the other thing is I thought USA companies makes sure that priority express mail gets sent ASAP. I always has the impression that businesses over there make customer support their priority.

And yet, it still hasn't been sent, they still don't answer the phone nor the email & contact messages I've sent.

It seems it'll be a week before they send it off, even though they could have done it last friday, this tuesday or wednesday, if I understand correctly (holiday was on the 4th right?)

This is getting very-very annoying.
Feck all holidays, I say.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
But the other thing is I thought USA companies makes sure that priority express mail gets sent ASAP. I always has the impression that businesses over there make customer support their priority.

And yet, it still hasn't been sent, they still don't answer the phone nor the email & contact messages I've sent.

It seems it'll be a week before they send it off, even though they could have done it last friday, this tuesday or wednesday, if I understand correctly (holiday was on the 4th right?)

This is getting very-very annoying.
Feck all holidays, I say.
My own opinion as a resident of the USA, but I rarely have issues with customer service from non-US countries. Within the US is a completely different story. That said, I definitely purchase from a wider variety of US companies.

Regarding your issue - lots of times smaller companies like Openflash may choose to allow their employees to basically take entire weeks off around summer holidays. Not saying Openflash does this, but it is quite common in my experience. We Americans rarely have prolonged vacation time blocks so if we want to travel any far distance, we often lump our holiday weekends off with a week or two of vacation to extend our time away by 3 days or so.
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #10
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
It looks like they are pretty busy on their FB page. Ton of orders shipped today. In small shops like this the guys who answers emails and phones are often the same guys who need to pack up all this and ship it. My preference in these cases is to let them get shit done and don't bother them. Any time spent answering emails and phones takes away from the time they need to get stuff sorted and shipped out on time.

https://www.facebook.com/OpenFlash-P...3431676670350/

Last edited by Apoc; 07-06-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #11
coxxoc

Drives: BRZ
I hope mine is in that shipment. I was number 800 and I'm itching to fix the loud cold start.
coxxoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:10 PM   #12
ysu

It seems - they've finally responded, after I've asked to cancel the whole bloody thing - it was sent, but the shipping company did not update the info this morning, only quite a bit later.

In their response they stated "The office is closed on Fridays"

And this part is what has thrown the big ass spanner into my shipping - had they sent it off on friday, good chance it'd be on a plane here already. As it stands, it is unlikely that I'll get it this week.

So that tiny "friday is always off" meant for me that the express order (quoted for 3-5 workdays) will probably get here in over 8 workdays, and 12+ days after all. Neither friday nor monday was a holiday where I live, sorry.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #13
phrosty

There's a big difference between shipping speed and handling speed. Did you chat with them to guarantee the package would arrive by a specific date? This sounds like a lesson in preparation.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 AM   #14
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
@ysu
Obviously you haven't seen Australia Posts nee shipping scheme that allows you to post to an address in the US that they own for whatever the US company charges for local shipping and then pay about 25 AUD to ship it to your home address in Aus. Should look it up.

Also, if you were on such a time constraint, you could have bought a tactrix cable for 200 dollary-doos and used OFT 's off the shelf tunes which are free.
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
ysu (07-06-2016)