follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #71
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm thinking this:

or maybe this:

or in honor of James may:

PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PetrolioBenzina For This Useful Post:
DrifterD (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #72
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Best of all!

PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #73
trvth

Drives: '15 Halo Scion FRS, 1999 Saturn SC2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolioBenzina View Post

or maybe this:

I'm driving my FR-S because the test drive felt like driving my '76 Lancia Scorpion (mid-engine 2-seater). It was like riding on rails, and the test drive brought that feeling right back again.
2015 Halo Scion FR-S 6MT new w/TRD exhaust, cold air intake, quick shifter, sway bars, lowering springs, & brake pads. Since then, TRD door braces, strut tower bar, & battery tie-down, Motul fluids in trans/diff & brakes, GrimmSpeed master cylinder brace, Stoptech stainless brakelines, OpenFlash Header 3 w/overpipe, OpenFlash Tablet on E85
trvth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:30 AM   #74
paulca

Drives: Toyota GT86 Coupe Red (UK)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Reminds me of the "Sneetches", stars on their bellies.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:20 AM   #75
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
All they have seen are douchebag white boys wearing baggy jeans and backwards baseball caps driving shitty cars around with their buzzy stereos cranked up to 11 to assault everyone's senses with how cool they aren't. That, coupled with the low prices, implies a lack of quality. The perception is that Scion was junk.

The scion badge is a complete perversion of what this car is, and is supposed to be so I re-badged mine to what it should have been from the get go. I fundamentally disagree with associating a purpose built sports car and the spiritual successor to a TOYOTA with a brand known for hipsters, old people who try to be hip, and just generally the sort of stupid, clueless automobile owners who care more about how many bluetooths and infotainment systems are in their new car, not any performance aspects of it. You know, the sort of idiots that sit in a focus group and tell Toyota that they enjoy all the buttons and flashing lights, and that their Camry feels really "grounded to the ground" but consider themselves just too special and edgy to "settle" for a plain old Camry.

I rebadged for myself and I don't really care what others think of my car with either set of badges but still, I'd be lying if I didn't admit it is also a benefit to be less likely to be grouped in with the sort of stupid assholes that you have described.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yardjass For This Useful Post:
Import_Lexus (04-15-2017), stevesnj (04-14-2017), Taka (04-15-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #76
mrderp
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: 860 SansOverspray
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
At least they will be cheap in the near future hopefully. I really want a manual first gen xB.
xB RS4.0 in manual please. It had its charms!
Breadbox on wheels.
mrderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:37 AM   #77
-Willis-86touge

Drives: Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
The scion badge is a complete perversion of what this car is, and is supposed to be so I re-badged mine to what it should have been from the get go. I fundamentally disagree with associating a purpose built sports car and the spiritual successor to a TOYOTA with a brand known for hipsters, old people who try to be hip, and just generally the sort of stupid, clueless automobile owners who care more about how many bluetooths and infotainment systems are in their new car, not any performance aspects of it. You know, the sort of idiots that sit in a focus group and tell Toyota that they enjoy all the buttons and flashing lights, and that their Camry feels really "grounded to the ground" but consider themselves just too special and edgy to "settle" for a plain old Camry.

I rebadged for myself and I don't really care what others think of my car with either set of badges but still, I'd be lying if I didn't admit it is also a benefit to be less likely to be grouped in with the sort of stupid assholes that you have described.
All that shit talking and the only thing that makes since is that you bought a "scion"! Plain and simple you damn hipster!! Lol
-Willis-86touge is offline   Reply With Quote