follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

View Poll Results: Which enclosure model would you most like to see come through production first?
8" Passenger side enclosure 77 21.63%
8" Driver side enclosure 16 4.49%
10" Passenger side enclosure 136 38.20%
10" Driver side enclosure 36 10.11%
Pair of 8" enclosures 56 15.73%
Pair of 10" enclosures 83 23.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #183
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooki View Post
ETA on the passenger side 8" enclosure I pre ordered way back in the beginning of June?
We will begin building the first production products of the 10" Driver side and 8" Driver and Passenger side models ths week. We are contacting customers from the pre orders about their products tailoring and fulfilling the orders in the order they were received. If you PM or email me your real name associated with the order I can look up what number in the production line you are. This will make it much easier to track down rather than trying to cross reference the forum comments, PM's, and emails with the order dates and details, thank you.
Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity Concepts For This Useful Post:
ean611 (11-12-2013)
Old 11-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #184
Joey86

Drives: Storm Black Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi @Integrity Concepts, just wondering if you guys ship to Sydney, Australia? And if so are you able to PM me a quotation cost, because I'm thinking to get the 10" enclosures in both driver and passenger. Cheers.

Last edited by Joey86; 11-17-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Joey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #185
DarkestBuddha

Drives: BRZ limited GBS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
nobody posted any pics of this actually "installed" on a car. . . i think, so here are some.

that metal tab goes underneath the weather stripping to secure it. thats pretty much the whole install.
DarkestBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkestBuddha For This Useful Post:
djdnz (11-22-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #186
Murseman27

Drives: Volvo S60R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestBuddha View Post
nobody posted any pics of this actually "installed" on a car. . . i think, so here are some.

that metal tab goes underneath the weather stripping to secure it. thats pretty much the whole install.
sexy and clean i love how that looks
Murseman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #187
ean611

Drives: Crystal Black Silica BRZ Limited
Great install DarkestBuddha.

Glad I didn't order the 10. Too big for what I want, I'll post pics of my 8 when I get it.
ean611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #188
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
How's it sound? My shop locally is willing to build me a box that'll hold shallow subs against the back of the rear seat but this is tempting for the looks
the new guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #189
ean611

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
How's it sound? My shop locally is willing to build me a box that'll hold shallow subs against the back of the rear seat but this is tempting for the looks
This is a loaded question, because after EQ tuning and different sub drivers, it won't be easy to compare your two options.

Realistically, the best option is to go with whatever option fits your space requirements most, and get the best woofer (for air volume) that you can.

After that, remember, the sub should be crossed over at 50-60Hz, and you want a good set of door mid-bass drivers to take care of the rest, so it will feel like your bass is actually coming from the front doors.

I'm going with the 8 inch box (smaller, as that's what I want), and a Hybrid Audio i8sw. Should be a killer setup paired with my Hybrid Audio Legatia L6, L3v2 and L1v2 (L3v2 and L1v2 using L2x crossover) as well as Legatia L3 rear. (have I ever said Overkill is fun?) With that setup (front stage running off of Rockford Fosgate T400-4) I can actually turn off the sub (I'm temporarily using a box that doesn't fit the car just for tuning purposes with old Image Dynamics ID8), and without the sub, there is still decent bass response. Yes it's better with a sub, but tuned correctly with good woofers, the fact it's decent illustrates why it's more important (in my SQ biased opinion) to select decent mid-bass drivers over a sub. (Or at least shows where you get more bang for buck in upgrade $)

Finally, most shops that will build you a box will cost more than what this solution costs. Based on that alone, assuming that this doesn't take up more space than you want, I'd recommend the cheaper option (Integrity Concepts's box) and either save your money, or if it's already budgeted for the car, use it for a better front stage.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #190
obriennathaniel

Drives: Satin White Pearl Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Concepts View Post
Not for long, the first of your 2 enclosures is on its way and it looks like it is in Utah now. A 10" Passenger side enclosure modified to fit the Comp R8!

and you were right! it looks and sounds great!!! i appreciate the quality hard work! its hard to find these days. thanks again!! i cant wait till the drivers side comes in

Full LED replacement| LED Fog lights| Tein S-Tech Springs| 19x8 TSW Nurburgring| 235/35 Nitto Motivo| Borla UEL headers| Perrin overpipe/frontpipe| Greddy Evo3| Greddy CAI| 86Motoring Pulleys| RF T2 components| RF T1 4" coaxial| RF 3Sixty.3| JL HD600/4| Kicker IX1000| 2 Kicker CompR 8"
obriennathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #191
imom

Drives: BRZ sold
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Any chance of a rear seat removal and having the old 240Z compartments? Then one side can be a sub and another a compartment? So it'll be a BRZ 2 seater instead? The rear seats are kinda useless...so having more trunk space would be good.

These two ideas of yours is also cool as well:

- Rear seat side panel enclosures for 8" subs
- A spare tire well enclosure for shallow mount 10", 12", and even 13.5" subs
imom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #192
ean611

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
and you were right! it looks and sounds great!!! i appreciate the quality hard work! its hard to find these days. thanks again!! i cant wait till the drivers side comes in
/Jealous
Can't wait for mine. Please post installed pics when you get your drivers in.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #193
IceFyre13th

Drives: Mazdarati
Thanked 1,369 Times in 675 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imom View Post
Any chance of a rear seat removal and having the old 240Z compartments? Then one side can be a sub and another a compartment? So it'll be a BRZ 2 seater instead? The rear seats are kinda useless...so having more trunk space would be good.

These two ideas of yours is also cool as well:

- Rear seat side panel enclosures for 8" subs
- A spare tire well enclosure for shallow mount 10", 12", and even 13.5" subs
+1000000
Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #194
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So another month passed without a sign of life, any updates here? Pre-ordered in July, 5 months ago...
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #195
Integrity Concepts

Drives: Concepts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
We have been very busy building enclosures and fulfilling the orders, and since there has not been any new news, updates, or product development to report as of late, we have spent the time in the shop rather than on the forum. We will get back to new product research and development when all of the orders from our 10" Driver / 8" Passenger / 8" Driver have been fulfilled, so for now there is not a lot to share. Some very cool customized enclosures have been built and we will get pics up of them after the customers have had the first look. If you have any inquiries, please contact us via email or the contact form on our website.

Each customer from the pre order is being contacted individually as their enclosure approaches its turn to be built. Please keep in mind that each enclosure is a hand crafted piece that takes 10-12 hours to construct over a 3-5 day period and longer if it is customized. This means that at any given point we have several enclosures at various steps in the build process. We are currently building and fulfilling about 4 enclosures a week and hope to ramp this number up as we are adding a full time guy at the beginning of the month.

To anyone interested in the 10" Passenger side enclosure, we have them in stock and shipping within 48 hours unless customizations are requested.

Happy Holidays to everyone

Integrity Concepts
Integrity Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Integrity Concepts For This Useful Post:
djdnz (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #196
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Guys who have 10" NOW....

Question: With box installed can you reach to the strut/coilover top pocket? I'm trying I figure out if I can adjust my too coilover adjustment without moving or taking out the sub box.....?

Tags
audio stereo low end bass, fiberglass enclosure, stealthbox style, subwoofer speaker box, vehicle specific sub box