follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #253
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbag View Post
I can't imagine it'll be the latter seeing as how they've had six cars on set.
Keep in mind throughout the series the main character transitioned from a temporary car to main car as have supporting characters (such as Dom). So six cars is not enough to say all other remaining cars will have brief cameo status.

Part 1: Eclipse --> Supra
Part 2: R34 --> Evo
Part 3: Evo --> Mustang
Part 4: R34 -- > WRX STI
Part 5 didn't have a single car that dominated the limelight. It was a peanut butter spread of automobilia effectively making every car appear as a cameo.
  • 1963 Ford Galaxy
  • 1966 Ford GT40
  • 1966 Corvette Grand Sport
  • 1967 International Scout
  • 1970 Charger
  • 1970 Ford Maverick
  • 1972 Nissan Skyline
  • 1972 Pantera Detomaso
  • 1996 Toyota Supra
  • 2002 Porsche GT3
  • 2006 GMC 2500 Yukon
  • 2009 Nissan 370Z
  • 2009 Nissan GT-R
  • 2010 Dodge Challenger
  • 2010 Subaru STi
  • 2010 Lexus LFA
  • 2010 Modified Vault Chargers
  • 2011 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor
  • Gurkha LAPV
  • Ducati Street Racer
  • Train Heist Truck
  • Koenigsegg CCX
In part 6, the main characters will definitely change cars because some scenes take place in Europe (UK and France?), others in US (LA?). It will have an even wider spread of vehicles spanning imports, domestics, euros, and niche/recreational doohickeys. All the leaked BRZ photos with its euro-spec headlight washers/clear corners and backdrops indicate it was shot in Europe. An article stated this film production was supplied with 5 or 6 BRZs. Its exterior treatment is fairly plain; Rays G25 wheels and stock ride height (not all that photogenic). Piece all that together and we can say the BRZ won't have a harmless pan-by cameo nor will it have a central role. I wager it will be involved in an action sequence somewhere in Europe with enough action to cause potential damage.

Last edited by switchlanez; 01-29-2013 at 03:12 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to switchlanez For This Useful Post:
Guff (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #254
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I really hope they will improve the story line and the stupid "cool bro'" unintelligent dialogues. It sounded so stupid that it made me cringe at some point during any movie from the series...but I harden up becasue some cool cars (for their times) were featured.

Is like watching a 80's movie and you listen to Bruce willis smart ass comments...it was ok back in the 80's..not in 2011-2012...grow up! Make it more dark, more intense...something like Batman new series. I still see all the previous ones like the old batman series...crap and for kids.

I know , i know they were never destined to be Oscar winners...but hey, put some more effort into it and make it epic, not another car movie with a stupid story line, heaps of marketing/promotion expenditure and mediocre sales.

My .2 cents.
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #255
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I really hope they will improve the story line and the stupid "cool bro'" unintelligent dialogues. It sounded so stupid that it made me cringe at some point during any movie from the series...but I harden up becasue some cool cars (for their times) were featured.

Is like watching a 80's movie and you listen to Bruce willis smart ass comments...it was ok back in the 80's..not in 2011-2012...grow up! Make it more dark, more intense...something like Batman new series. I still see all the previous ones like the old batman series...crap and for kids.

I know , i know they were never destined to be Oscar winners...but hey, put some more effort into it and make it epic, not another car movie with a stupid story line, heaps of marketing/promotion expenditure and mediocre sales. And by the way...it would've been even better if some really good actors would've played in it. JaRule? come on!, Paul Walker? vin Diesel?

My .2 cents
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #256
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
I get what you're saying. But last time it was like that was like... 4 sequels ago in 2003. And that's what made it classic (classically cornball ). Most people can't get past the stigma of the first two and overlook the breakout director Justin Lin's paradigm shift starting with part 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
Make it more dark, more intense...something like Batman new series. I still see all the previous ones like the old batman series...crap and for kids.
Part 4 was dark (so dark you couldn't make out the color of some cars) with the premise of toppling a drug lord. It is what part 2 (also about a drug lord) should have been. Part 5 was The Italian Job Part 2 (heist flick). I fear part 6 will be formulaic following suit of parts 4 and 5 by building around some cliched premise. First drug war, then heist, now perhaps an international conspiracy threatening our national security? (I'm calling it NOW.)

Part 3 was the only one that stayed genuine to the original concept of part 1 yet kept corniness under control (ridiculous fun but not idiotic). Part 1 took underground street racing and converted it into the mainstream. Part 3 took something foreign (drifting) and catalyzed it into American mainstream (it was already happening but Tokyo Drift sped it up). The series needs another car-related "thing" to latch onto and build a premise around. I hope Justin Lin realized this and stepped up to it for 6.

Last edited by switchlanez; 01-29-2013 at 04:16 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to switchlanez For This Useful Post:
Guff (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #257
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
@switchlanez, it's nice having another FnF nerd around. My friends and I have long discussions about the movies and have had multiple marathons viewings of them all.

Even though so many people talk shit, I can't stop loving the FnF series. They are too engrained and far too integral in modern car culture to ignore.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-29-2013), Gixxersixxerman (01-29-2013), M-17 (01-29-2013), switchlanez (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #258
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post

Part 3 was the only one that stayed genuine to the original concept of part 1 yet kept corniness under control (ridiculous fun but not idiotic). Part 1 took underground street racing and converted it into the mainstream. Part 3 took something foreign (drifting) and catalyzed it into American mainstream (it was already happening but Tokyo Drift sped up that process). The series needs another car-related "thing" to latch onto and build a premise around it. I hope Justin Lin realized this and stepped up to it for 6.

I tell people all the time that part 3 is my favorite.. To me it was the most "realistic" one.. They are made for entertainment I get it.. But it was the most "real" driving out of all the series.. And to hear the guy that did all the drifting say the hardest part was acting like he didn't know how to drift was kinda funny
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-29-2013), Guff (01-29-2013), switchlanez (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #259
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
@switchlanez, it's nice having another FnF nerd around. My friends and I have long discussions about the movies and have had multiple marathons viewings of them all.

Even though so many people talk shit, I can't stop loving the FnF series. They are too engrained and far too integral in modern car culture to ignore.
Dat statement.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #260
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Drives: 2012 Mt. Fuji Red Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Keep in mind throughout the series the main character transitioned from a temporary car to main car as have supporting characters (such as Dom). So six cars is not enough to say all other remaining cars will have brief cameo status.

Part 1: Eclipse --> Supra
Part 2: R34 --> Evo
Part 3: Evo --> Mustang
Part 4: R34 -- > WRX STI
Part 5 didn't have a single car that dominated the limelight. It was a peanut butter spread of automobilia effectively making every car appear as a cameo.
  • 1963 Ford Galaxy
  • 1966 Ford GT40
  • 1966 Corvette Grand Sport
  • 1967 International Scout
  • 1970 Charger
  • 1970 Ford Maverick
  • 1972 Nissan Skyline
  • 1972 Pantera Detomaso
  • 1996 Toyota Supra
  • 2002 Porsche GT3
  • 2006 GMC 2500 Yukon
  • 2009 Nissan 370Z
  • 2009 Nissan GT-R
  • 2010 Dodge Challenger
  • 2010 Subaru STi
  • 2010 Lexus LFA
  • 2010 Modified Vault Chargers
  • 2011 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor
  • Gurkha LAPV
  • Ducati Street Racer
  • Train Heist Truck
  • Koenigsegg CCX
In part 6, the main characters will definitely change cars because some scenes take place in Europe (UK and France?), others in US (LA?). It will have an even wider spread of vehicles spanning imports, domestics, euros, and niche/recreational doohickeys. All the leaked BRZ photos with its euro-spec headlight washers/clear corners and backdrops indicate it was shot in Europe. An article stated this film production was supplied with 5 or 6 BRZs. Its exterior treatment is fairly plain; Rays G25 wheels and stock ride height (not all that photogenic). Piece all that together and we can say the BRZ won't have a harmless pan-by cameo nor will it have a central role. I wager it will be involved in an action sequence somewhere in Europe with enough action to cause potential damage.
It was a 69 Yenko Camaro.
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #261
Btown

Drives: GTI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Part 3 was the only one that stayed genuine to the original concept of part 1 yet kept corniness under control (ridiculous fun but not idiotic). Part 1 took underground street racing and converted it into the mainstream. Part 3 took something foreign (drifting) and catalyzed it into American mainstream (it was already happening but Tokyo Drift sped it up). The series needs another car-related "thing" to latch onto and build a premise around. I hope Justin Lin realized this and stepped up to it for 6.
I've read this time and time again since this was originally posted, also talks about it on the wikipedia page.

From Adam Folelson at Universal.

Quote:
Universal’s intent is to transform the street-racing franchise into a series of heist films.

“We’ve heard so many people say, ‘I’ve never seen one, and I’ve never wanted to see one,’ about the Fast franchise,” Fogelson said. “So if these movies were still about street racing, there was probably a ceiling on how many people would buy tickets. We wanted to see if we could raise it out of about racing and make car driving ability just a part of the movie, like those great chases in The French Connection, The Bourne Identity, The Italian Job,” Fogelson explained. With Dodge as a partner, “Our strategy behind one of the biggest bets we’ve ever made is that the business has gone so far towards CG action every weekend, that we really believe creating a movie with real action and real cars will be amazing stuff to people excited by seeing something real.”
http://filmonic.com/fast-six-movie-plot#.UQejkL_LSuI
Btown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #262
Gixxersixxerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I don't remember and camaro in part three.. A yenko in part 2 they won in a race.. Which would've never happen, but alas entertainment.. And it just had a small roll, the co star car was the purple eclipse convertible and then went to the yenko for a couple scenes

Eject-o seat-o lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-29-2013), M-17 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #263
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Final showdown in part 3 between DK's 350Z and the main character... now is he driving a Camaro?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #264
Gixxersixxerman

Quote:
Final showdown in part 3 between DK's 350Z and the main character... now is he driving a Camaro?

Man I remember when that came out.. The American muscle heads were more then pissed about throwing that "rice 4 banger" into that stang lol
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #265
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
Man I remember when that came out.. The American muscle heads were more then pissed about throwing that "rice 4 banger" into that stang lol
The original engine should've tried harder to keep its place!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #266
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

He driving a mustang in the final showdown.
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote