follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Navigation mutes when adjusting volume

Weird one, here.

I have Spotify Premium on my phone. I stream it using bluetooth. Occasionally, when I adjust the volume on the headunit, the volume cuts out. If I adjust it again, it comes back on.

The fix so far has been to unlock my phone, open spotify, then lock it again. Then adjusting the volume no longer mutes it. Very random... anyone else have this issue?
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
wraithfive

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsurety View Post
Weird one, here.

I have Spotify Premium on my phone. I stream it using bluetooth. Occasionally, when I adjust the volume on the headunit, the volume cuts out. If I adjust it again, it comes back on.

The fix so far has been to unlock my phone, open spotify, then lock it again. Then adjusting the volume no longer mutes it. Very random... anyone else have this issue?
Never heard of that. The head unit volume adjustment shouldn't affect the phone in any way.

What phone model? Do you have the BT on the head unit set to Connect from HU or Connect from Device?

Honestly though, I would highly recommend playing through USB instead of bluetooth. Sound quality is just terrible over bluetooth (although you might not notice if you use the default low quality audio settings in spotify).

Last edited by wraithfive; 04-03-2014 at 10:04 PM.
wraithfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithfive View Post
Never heard of that. The head unit volume adjustment shouldn't affect the phone in any way.

What phone model? Do you have the BT on the head unit set to Connect from HU or Connect from Device?

Honestly though, I would highly recommend playing through USB instead of bluetooth. Sound quality is just terrible over bluetooth (although you might not notice if you use the default low quality audio settings in spottily).
You're right. I'm considering getting a refurbed iPod touch or something just to have spotify on there. My Android (Kit Kat 4.4.2 Moto X) isn't recognized through USB.

I believe I changed it from the factory default... current setting should be connect from device.
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
wraithfive

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsurety View Post
You're right. I'm considering getting a refurbed iPod touch or something just to have spotify on there. My Android (Kit Kat 4.4.2 Moto X) isn't recognized through USB.

I believe I changed it from the factory default... current setting should be connect from device.
Hrm, still can't think of anything that would lose the audio like that. Never been an android user though so it may be something there I'm not familiar with.
wraithfive is offline   Reply With Quote