follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Need info about fr-s order?

I everybody, 2 weeks ago I went to a scion dealer in montreal to get a fr-s m/t whiteout. And of course they did not have one, so I ask them to order me one or find one somewhere else. they sais it would take 3 weeks to one month to have it is that bullshit?

2 weeks have pass and still no news if they found one or ordered one. Finding one should take 10 min since they have all the scion inventory of all the scion dealers right. So if they don't find one what do they do? order one and if so how long does it take to get it?

thanks for your inputs.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
deucethemoose
Functionally Retarded

Drives: LinkECU V6 MR2 - MKVII Golf R
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Did you place your deposit and fill out the order paperwork? If not, then they probably haven't ordered you one.

If you placed your deposit then they are ordering it. Some might try to find one in inventory in your area - or anywhere in Canada for that matter, but most will just have one ordered from the manufacturer.

For what it's worth - I ordered mine two weeks ago and I was told it could take up to three months before I see it.

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
deucethemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
WatchmaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucethemoose View Post
Did you place your deposit and fill out the order paperwork? If not, then they probably haven't ordered you one.

If you placed your deposit then they are ordering it. Some might try to find one in inventory in your area - or anywhere in Canada for that matter, but most will just have one ordered from the manufacturer.

For what it's worth - I ordered mine two weeks ago and I was told it could take up to three months before I see it.
Yeah 500$ deposit plus paperwork. Wow 3 months I will go crazy
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
FRST
MFD BY FUJI HEAVY IND.

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Asphalt, Manual)
Took 5 weeks to get mine from Japan. After I put down a $250 USD deposit.

Toyota History: 2013 Scion FR-S (1st Gen), 2007 Scion tC (1st Gen), 1992 Toyota Celica GT-S (5th Gen), 198x Toyota Pickup (3rd Gen)
FRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
megatron
It's over prime!

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmaN View Post
I everybody, 2 weeks ago I went to a scion dealer in montreal to get a fr-s m/t whiteout. And of course they did not have one, so I ask them to order me one or find one somewhere else. they sais it would take 3 weeks to one month to have it is that bullshit?

2 weeks have pass and still no news if they found one or ordered one. Finding one should take 10 min since they have all the scion inventory of all the scion dealers right. So if they don't find one what do they do? order one and if so how long does it take to get it?

thanks for your inputs.
he isn't bullshiting you i'm sure. i had called a few dealerships in montreal and they told me it would take a while to get it. i placed my order on the 25th of july and called me back on the 26,said it should in montreal in about 15 days or so,so should be here the first week or second week of august for me. And i hope it's not later because it could be possible. if you check out the forum you will see that some people will be waiting until september if not past that lol i really am excited to get my black FR-S!
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I submitted my order on 4/26/12 and haven't gotten a single word on it yet. Though, it's not a dealership order, it's something else. This might be very relevant, but be glad you were just quoted 1 month haha
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
WatchmaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
he isn't bullshiting you i'm sure. i had called a few dealerships in montreal and they told me it would take a while to get it. i placed my order on the 25th of july and called me back on the 26,said it should in montreal in about 15 days or so,so should be here the first week or second week of august for me. And i hope it's not later because it could be possible. if you check out the forum you will see that some people will be waiting until september if not past that lol i really am excited to get my black FR-S!
Good at leat you have a date, I have to get there monday so they can give me an update or something to make me less worry and more patient lol. About your car did they find it in an other dealer or ordered it?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I feel for you, OP... Mine arrived in about 3 weeks after placing a $500 refundable deposit at a volume dealership.

Hope it arrives for you soon...

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
megatron
It's over prime!

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchmaN View Post
Good at leat you have a date, I have to get there monday so they can give me an update or something to make me less worry and more patient lol. About your car did they find it in an other dealer or ordered it?
he just said it SHOULD be here within 15ish days and that he will call when he gets the vin. i just hope i don't get a call saying it will take longer or not call, meaning its not arrived. i think it was from a shipment,not from another dealer,but then again,he didn't specify.
also the color you take might have something to do with the lenght of time you are waiting?
megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
mxsled

Drives: Audi A3 2012
Took less than 2 weeks for me with a 200$ deposit
mxsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #11
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
took me 6 weeks. 1000 deposit.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Deebeaux
i void warranties.

Drives: '14 Tesla Model S P85
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Ordered, was told 2 months, a week later later was told two more weeks, and a week and a half after that it showed up. Way ahead of schedule in my case.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
PabloN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, M/T argento
I ordered an argento M/T from the factory last May. The predicted wait time was 3 months. The dealer periodically checks the status of my order via internet, which is how I know assembly of my car started a couple weeks ago. The status will change when the car arrives in a U.S. port, after which it takes 2 weeks to get here (in the midwest). A long process, but I figure well worth the wait. These days any shorter delivery time sounds like a car that someone ordered and backed out of buying (couldn't convince the wife the kids will fit in that back seat?).
PabloN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
WatchmaN

Ok I just found two, well that's what their website say's. But they are closed on weekend. So tommorrow morning i'll go check in their parking lot(1 hour drive juste to get there, yes i know i'm crazy ) to see if I see them, if so monday morning at opening I call them give them my credit card number so they reserve it for me. Wish me luck. I'm so anxious, damn that car makes me crazy

Tags
order, whiteout