follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
JR23

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dyno Tuning vs Remote Tuning

Hello everyone I don't know too much about tuning and I had a quick question. I recently decided to get a flex fuel kit and I was wondering is dyno tuning better than remote tuning and why?

I know with dyno tuning everything is done with your tuner in a couple hours but someone told me that it doesn't account for real world driving tweaks etc.

I'm not sure how true this is and I just wanted some insight and recommendations on whether dyno tuning is worth the extra couple hundred dollars. Thanks!
JR23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:38 AM   #2
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
go remote tuning, you ll have a fine work tuned around days and you get to drive it and test it and tell feedback to the tuner... CSG always provides good tunes, as I see from logs from people that Zach tuned

I can also tune you ( :-) ) and i m cheaper a lot.. won t pretend though that you go with me out of nothing
Or also steve99 is a perfect pick

Reserve dyno tuning for unique or special configuration, like if you want to reach the MBT for e85, print the highest dyno pull you can get, or if you want to find the perfect cam timings for uncommon headers, or the timings for methanol injection.. things like that
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:35 AM   #3
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I had Zach do a dyno tune, mostly because I’m sure I’d screw something up if I tried to do it remotely. He said he can do several remote tunes in the time it takes to do 1 dyno tune so I was most appreciative of his time. Car is amazing though so it was worth it to me. We did go for some street pulls to dial things in perfectly.
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:58 AM   #4
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
well that costs also probably more, of course if you get to do this and you are near him it is worth it
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
Gt86Force

Drives: GT86 Supercharged
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
well that costs also probably more, of course if you get to do this and you are near him it is worth it
Where is your shop and what is the name? I'm planning to come to Italy for the winter holidays and I'd like to tune my WRX if you are available or if not can you recommend me somebody?
Gt86Force is offline   Reply With Quote