follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #29
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Your loss really.
This tranny is a joy to drive in traffic. I drive her to work almost every weekday and in the rare occasion I don't, I end up sad at the end of my work day because I realized I don't have my BRZ to drive home.
I fully agree with this.

As an example, since I'm still relatively new to driving manual (about 14 months' experience) I get a huge rush of endorphins when I hit my shifts properly.

After a long, boring or otherwise stressful day at work, almost nothing feels better than finding the fun in driving through a few quick turns, downshifting ahead of time, and gassing out and shifting up, etc.

Feels so good.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #30
OfficeWorker

Drives: 2018 WRX STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase123y View Post
Because this is going to be my daily driver. I'd rather not drive a manual every day.
It's completely your call, but I say get the manual since you then get the brakes you want (those red Brembos look SHARP on every color BRZ available), and I think you may wind up enjoying the car even more. On my previous car, I made this decision for an auto for the same reason and regretted it for six years. And I live in one of the most crowded metropolitan areas around.

With this car, I realized that manual transmissions may not even be available on new cars in not too many years from now, so I am glad I went for the stick shift now before it becomes near impossible or impossible to find!

(And to be honest, my heel-and-toe is abysmal, but I still manage to have a good time!)
OfficeWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #31
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
don't think we need to make this thread into another automatic vs manual discussion...

as long as OP understands the manual has the updated engine and more aggressive final drive then it is his choice if he don't wanna put in the manual labor.

Last edited by HKz; 05-14-2018 at 07:10 PM.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (05-15-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #32
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
don't think we need to make take this thread into another automatic vs manual discussion...

as long as OP understands the manual has the updated engine and more aggressive final drive then it is his choice if he don't wanna put in the manual labor.
I wouldn't say it's discussing the merits of MT vs AT so much as helping him make an informed decision, especially seeing as he wants options that are only available with the opposite transmission from what he wants.

Seems like OP is a new person on the forums so he probably hasn't suffered through the usual AT vs MT threads.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #33
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I wouldn't say it's discussing the merits of MT vs AT so much as helping him make an informed decision, especially seeing as he wants options that are only available with the opposite transmission from what he wants.

Seems like OP is a new person on the forums so he probably hasn't suffered through the usual AT vs MT threads.
perhaps but it seems like he is quite set on an auto trans with the "doesn't want to drive a stick everday" excuse and those things he wants are pretty easy to add on afterwards.

..but if we need to haze a new poster's thread, let the never ending debate commence
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #34
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybike View Post
In the US
And I’m ok with that since I have absolutely zero interest in a BRZ with an automatic. Also, the OP is in the U.S.... so your options in Australia are irrelevant to their question.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #35
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hm why would the performance package only be available on the manual? Isnt it just tires, rims, brakes and dampeners or something? All of which have nothing to do with the transmission.
The automatic have softer seats and memory foam pillows so you can sleep, instead of using the clutch pedal whilst driving.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy_Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #36
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hm why would the performance package only be available on the manual? Isnt it just tires, rims, brakes and dampeners or something? All of which have nothing to do with the transmission.
Because if you want 'performance' you wouldn't be buying an automatic in the first place.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Timmy_Jones (05-15-2018)