follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2018, 06:14 AM   #169
Mingo
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 15
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb6freak View Post
I'm heading out to the track in February and I'll get some logs of EGT with my 2867. I already have loads of logs for the 3076 so I can get a comparison. IMO - 28xx series is a much better suited for this turbo kit as installation and maintenance is much easier with the smaller turbo. Not to mention many other benefits if you're running lower power like me.
thanks a ton for the reply. I look forward to the data.
Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #170
CxG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Drives: Pearl White '13 ZN6
Location: Empire State, USA
Posts: 149
Thanks: 1,500
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just out of curiosity, would the Jackson Racing oil cooler / radiator combo and radium dual catch cans fit with this kit?
CxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #171
Mrc@ptuning
Senior Member
 
Mrc@ptuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: S1000RR
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 440
Thanks: 245
Thanked 518 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG View Post
Just out of curiosity, would the Jackson Racing oil cooler / radiator combo and radium dual catch cans fit with this kit?
We haven't personally installed one with our kit but looking at some of the pictures we don't see an issue with fitment except for possibly the oil lines coming into the JR filter block adapter. Our upper charge pipe is routed alongside the front of the A/C compressor cover and oil filter housing and it may interfere oil line routing.

This will probably not work:
https://goo.gl/images/Zt99Pf

Routing the oil lines downward like this will work:
https://goo.gl/images/2gk2DY
Mrc@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrc@ptuning For This Useful Post:
CxG (05-10-2018), Icecreamtruk (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #172
CxG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Drives: Pearl White '13 ZN6
Location: Empire State, USA
Posts: 149
Thanks: 1,500
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc@ptuning View Post
We haven't personally installed one with our kit but looking at some of the pictures we don't see an issue with fitment except for possibly the oil lines coming into the JR filter block adapter. Our upper charge pipe is routed alongside the front of the A/C compressor cover and oil filter housing and it may interfere oil line routing.

This will probably not work:
https://goo.gl/images/Zt99Pf

Routing the oil lines downward like this will work:
https://goo.gl/images/2gk2DY
Thanks for the heads up
CxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #173
Coheed
Senior Member
 
Coheed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Super Sentra
Location: SLC
Posts: 809
Thanks: 209
Thanked 223 Times in 156 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would be interested in the packaging and power potential of the new G series turbos. Internal gate, small size, and power potential of the smaller g25 550 looks promising
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:46 AM   #174
eightsix
was when i was born
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: 2010 Turbo tC, 2011 rav4
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I plan on purchasing your turbo kit soon but I had a few questions about exhausts. How can I achieve a full 3in exhaust without the DS-333 exhaust? I was told that you have sold out but sell an adapter that goes down to 2.5in. Is running a 2.5 in catback the only option now besides finding a used ptuning exhaust.
__________________
Ptuning FTW
eightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #175
Mrc@ptuning
Senior Member
 
Mrc@ptuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: S1000RR
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 440
Thanks: 245
Thanked 518 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsix View Post
I plan on purchasing your turbo kit soon but I had a few questions about exhausts. How can I achieve a full 3in exhaust without the DS-333 exhaust? I was told that you have sold out but sell an adapter that goes down to 2.5in. Is running a 2.5 in catback the only option now besides finding a used ptuning exhaust.
The only was to achieve a full 3" turbo-back exhaust with our 3" downpipe is
to source a used 3" ptuning exhaust (we can help you locate one if you're interested, just pm me). The other option is to use another 3" exhaust and modify/fabricate the inlet to mate up to the outlet of our 3" downpipe.

Depending on your power goals, you may not need a full 3" exhaust and can just use our 2.5" adapter pipe to connect to any existing stock or 2.5" aftermarket exhaust system.

Will you be installing our turbo system yourself or are you looking for a turnkey solution--install and tuned by us. We can source a used 3" ptuning exhaust and install it for you along with our turbo system.
Mrc@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #176
eightsix
was when i was born
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: 2010 Turbo tC, 2011 rav4
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc@ptuning View Post
The only was to achieve a full 3" turbo-back exhaust with our 3" downpipe is
to source a used 3" ptuning exhaust (we can help you locate one if you're interested, just pm me). The other option is to use another 3" exhaust and modify/fabricate the inlet to mate up to the outlet of our 3" downpipe.

Depending on your power goals, you may not need a full 3" exhaust and can just use our 2.5" adapter pipe to connect to any existing stock or 2.5" aftermarket exhaust system.

Will you be installing our turbo system yourself or are you looking for a turnkey solution--install and tuned by us. We can source a used 3" ptuning exhaust and install it for you along with our turbo system.
I really like the way the exhaust sounds and I'm just Ptuning all the way. I had a tC with a Ptuning kit installed and tuned by you guys and it was flawless. I'll pm you about the used exhaust because I'm currently overseas. I plan on installing this myself and then driving down to you guys for a tune.
__________________
Ptuning FTW
eightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #177
Joveen
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: Bone stock
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 35
Thanks: 48
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc@ptuning View Post
The only was to achieve a full 3" turbo-back exhaust with our 3" downpipe is
to source a used 3" ptuning exhaust (we can help you locate one if you're interested, just pm me). The other option is to use another 3" exhaust and modify/fabricate the inlet to mate up to the outlet of our 3" downpipe.

Depending on your power goals, you may not need a full 3" exhaust and can just use our 2.5" adapter pipe to connect to any existing stock or 2.5" aftermarket exhaust system.

Will you be installing our turbo system yourself or are you looking for a turnkey solution--install and tuned by us. We can source a used 3" ptuning exhaust and install it for you along with our turbo system.
So if I have a 3" catback I would have to cut it to fit this kit?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #178
Mrc@ptuning
Senior Member
 
Mrc@ptuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: S1000RR
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 440
Thanks: 245
Thanked 518 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
So if I have a 3" catback I would have to cut it to fit this kit?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
It depends on your 3" exhaust. If your 3" exhaust can bolt to the factory front pipe than you can buy our 3"/2.5" adaptor pipe that allows the 3" downpipe from our kit to bolt up the stock or aftermarket cat-back exhaust.
Mrc@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #179
Joveen
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: Bone stock
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 35
Thanks: 48
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc@ptuning View Post
It depends on your 3" exhaust. If your 3" exhaust can bolt to the factory front pipe than you can buy our 3"/2.5" adaptor pipe that allows the 3" downpipe from our kit to bolt up the stock or aftermarket cat-back exhaust.
3" to 2.5" adaptator? Trying to make sense of it. So the 3" part of the adaptor would connect to downpipe? Then the 2.5" outlet to the exhaust?? Reason I asked is because my plan is to but a dezod or nameless 3" exhaust. Sorry for silly noob questions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #180
Mrc@ptuning
Senior Member
 
Mrc@ptuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: S1000RR
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 440
Thanks: 245
Thanked 518 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
3" to 2.5" adaptator? Trying to make sense of it. So the 3" part of the adaptor would connect to downpipe? Then the 2.5" outlet to the exhaust?? Reason I asked is because my plan is to but a dezod or nameless 3" exhaust. Sorry for silly noob questions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That's correct, the 2.5" would connect to the cat-back.
Mrc@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #181
Joveen
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: Bone stock
Location: Windsor, CT
Posts: 35
Thanks: 48
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc@ptuning View Post
That's correct, the 2.5" would connect to the cat-back.
Thanks for clarifying. Wouldn't the flow be different since goes from 3" to 2.5" to 3" again using the adapter?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #182
Mrc@ptuning
Senior Member
 
Mrc@ptuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: S1000RR
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 440
Thanks: 245
Thanked 518 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Wouldn't the flow be different since goes from 3" to 2.5" to 3" again using the adapter?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The 2.5"/3" transition is relatively short about 3-4" long section, so it will not make a noticeable difference unless you're pushing 500whp+. Of course you can always Fab your own adaptor to go from 3"v-band to your exhaust 3" 2- bolt.
Mrc@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
garrett, ptuning, tial, turbo, turbosmart

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PTUNING Spec-SS Turbo System with GTX2867R option ptuning Forced Induction 52 06-11-2018 09:25 AM
PTUNING: FR-S/BRZ/GT86 Spec-SS Turbo System (Now Shipping) ptuning Forced Induction 151 09-23-2016 10:48 AM
PTUNING Equal-Length Competition Header RJasonKlein Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 5 07-07-2016 12:43 AM
PTUNING: 501WHP 377WTQ 20psi Stock Motor PTUNING Spec-SS GTX3076R Turbo System ptuning Forced Induction 47 06-16-2014 03:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.