follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Kendallkab

Drives: Black MT LMT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
help with fitting rims

Hey I'm a noob with doing things to cars in real life so I'm making this post hoping for a little help. I looked at the wheel fitments thread and understand it I think but I'm asking the question for my specific situation. I've never bought rims before and I want 18 in volk te37sl from evasive motorsports. I don't know if there wheels come with tires since I'm getting bigger rims. I want an offset lower then 48 for a little bit of a poke. If I get bigger tires will the change the 5x100 or will it only change if I get wheel spacers which I plan on doing.

Basically I want to lessen the wheel gap and adjust the stance to where the wheels barely poke or are at least aligned and I want to do it with 18in Volk TE37SL. I was going to buy Tein Basic coilovers to lower the car no more then an inch ( if possible with 18in wheels ) and get wheel spacers then find out the dimensions of the wheel I'd need to get. This is my first car so if anyone could take the time out of there day to help a noob out it would be much appreciated.
Kendallkab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
jesse36

Drives: 2016 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm pretty much a newb to but the lower the offset the more "poke" you will have. I went with 17s and a +35 offset and my fronts are flush and my rears sit in a little. You don't need spacers unless you want the rims to poke out more which you can correct with a lower offset. The rims will always be a 5×100 that doesnt change. The rims dont come with tires that is something else you will look into with different combos. ie 235/40. That's what I know lol not much but someone else will chime in
jesse36 is offline   Reply With Quote