follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #99
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I skipped a lot of posts but I think you are all being a bit unfair to the OP.

Yes he made a big (and stupid) mistake, but some of you on here talk like you know everything about a car, and from what I read on some posts you aren't far off from OP

He is 22, shit my parents helped me out a bunch at that age. There is nothing wrong with that....There are parents who let you "live and learn" and others who help out when you are in a little rut...so whats the big deal? We all have to learn, and start from somewhere.

If he came on here with a shit attitude or acting like a prick then i'd say bash him to all hell. But he manned the F up, admitted his faults, and is taking the verbal beating from everyone on here without any complaints. Has my respect. I think some of you need to get off your high horse.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
Sitha@ft86club (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #100
Touge_ninja
Sending rods to their doo

Drives: 700HP STi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Lol wtf did I just watch..........
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Touge_ninja For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-26-2014), Kuri (02-26-2014), Marchy (02-26-2014), SirBrass (02-26-2014), sklimo (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #101
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
I skipped a lot of posts but I think you are all being a bit unfair to the OP.

Yes he made a big (and stupid) mistake, but some of you on here talk like you know everything about a car, and from what I read on some posts you aren't far off from OP

He is 22, shit my parents helped me out a bunch at that age. There is nothing wrong with that....There are parents who let you "live and learn" and others who help out when you are in a little rut...so whats the big deal? We all have to learn, and start from somewhere.

If he came on here with a shit attitude or acting like a prick then i'd say bash him to all hell. But he manned the F up, admitted his faults, and is taking the verbal beating from everyone on here without any complaints. Has my respect. I think some of you need to get off your high horse.

Spoken like a true New Yorker...

- Didn't read the whole thread.
- Reading things into things what people didn't say.
- Gross oversimplification of the entire conversation that you didn't read in entirety.
- Lambasting people for being on a "high horse" while atop of yours.

Scott
Old 02-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #102
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Spoken like a true New Yorker...

- Didn't read the whole thread.
- Reading things into things what people didn't say.
- Gross oversimplification of the entire conversation that you didn't read in entirety.
- Lambasting people for being on a "high horse" while atop of yours.

Scott
Old 02-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #103
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
This is such a funny video, I actually drew that on the bottom of my brothers false floor in his wrx

@naikaidriver - maybe I missed something, but I didn't feel like reading bashing after bashing. I'm not saying what the OP did was smart or not, just that a lot of guys are coming at him when half the people on this forum don't know much themselves. I am on no high horse, you obviously aren't very smart High horse about what? lol

My fault, shouldn't assume. I will go back and read.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #104
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Does anyone else open the thread up and realize after one post why he was able to misspell the word "screwed" in the title?
The Following User Says Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
Marchy (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #105
Touge_ninja

Quote:
This is such a funny video, I actually drew that on the bottom of my brothers false floor in his wrx

@naikaidriver - maybe I missed something, but I didn't feel like reading bashing after bashing. I'm not saying what the OP did was smart or not, just that a lot of guys are coming at him when half the people on this forum don't know much themselves. I am on no high horse, you obviously aren't very smart High horse about what? lol

I know the op personally and can say this, he has no car knowledge at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Touge_ninja For This Useful Post:
Marchy (02-26-2014), mfbmike (02-26-2014), Sitha@ft86club (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #106
Kuri

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
Lol wtf did I just watch..........
Amazing
Old 02-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #107
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
I know the op personally and can say this, he has no car knowledge at all.
and honestly there is nothing wrong with that. Which is my point in the first place lol. Maybe there is more to it, but I saw on multiple occasions him owning up saying hes stupid and doesn't know anything. Doesn't justify his actions though lol

Edit:

Ok now I see the "hey i'm putting a 2jz in it". Guess that skews my original comment now lol.

Anyways, I guess generalizing a whole state off one comment makes sense. But maybe thats a typical Washington Native thing to do.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #108
Touge_ninja

Back to the video.... @Marchy your an ass for posting such lame video.....
Old 02-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #109
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

I have absolutely zero intention of getting into it with you xxscaxx in this thread or any other thread for that matter regardless of how you see fit to assault my perceived "intelligence". I simply wanted to highlight your lack of attention to detail to the story (which I have) and I will leave it at that.

Look, we've both been around this site a LOOOONG time and have read hundreds of threads like this where someone did something stupid, and tried to shift the blame to something, or someone else. This story has just too many holes that I was simply pointing out (albeit with my usual "flair.")

I don't think its out of line to ask for more detail since the OP felt inclined to share his story with the general public.

Scott
Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #110
xxscaxx

Quote:
I have absolutely zero intention of getting into it with you xxscaxx in this thread or any other thread for that matter regardless of how you see fit to assault my perceived "intelligence". I simply wanted to highlight your lack of attention to detail to the story (which I have) and I will leave it at that.

Look, we've both been around this site a LOOOONG time and have read hundreds of threads like this where someone did something stupid, and tried to shift the blame to something, or someone else. This story has just too many holes that I was simply pointing out (albeit with my usual "flair.")

I don't think its out of line to ask for more detail since the OP felt inclined to share his story with the general public.

Scott
You are completely right, not out of line at all.

My fault for coming in and not reading the thread thoroughly. It just gets annoying to read post after post of the same bashing over and over again, which is why I started skipping some lol. I don't think your generalizations and attitude was really needed though, but then again I can't say I blame you after I came in and did basically the same.

All is well
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
DC2R (02-26-2014), kavanagh (02-26-2014), Marchy (02-26-2014), PoWn3d_0704 (02-27-2014), Sitha@ft86club (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #111
Touge_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
that's my high horse, GIVE IT A LICK
ooh it taste like raisins
The Following User Says Thank You to Touge_ninja For This Useful Post:
Marchy (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #112
Sitha@ft86club

Drives: swp gt86 scion
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I can't believe I just read this entire thread. I'm pretty sure I just lost about 30 IQ points in doing so. To make matters worse, I'm chiming in...

Sitha,
I am also in the camp that there is something else that either A) You don't know, or B) Aren't telling us.

If you TRULY didn't have any oil in your engine, you would have had at least one warning light illuminated on your dash prior. Not to mention it would have likely overheated due to the excess friction triggering another light. Since you didn't mention the car giving you any kind of warning in the last 5 pages before your magical "clanking" noise... something is being left out here.

Also, it is readily apparent that you have the equivalent car knowledge of a 14 year old girl and an equitable dependency on your parents at 22. Sell your car ASAP and get a car that you can afford (that doesn't mean your parents).

It is only out of sheer curiosity that I want to know WHY you were manually downshifting into second. Somehow I doubt that you will fess up to running the car hard but I thought I would ask anyway.

Finally, you started this thread yesterday and yet you claim that you have already gone back and forth with the dealership about this. I call BS. I say that because dealerships can take days or even weeks to make a formal decision on a denial of a warrantee claim or even do a full estimation of the repair. Yet this thread was started yesterday and you claim they have rendered a final decision.

Too many holes in your story, too many inconsistencies and judging from your lack of maturity, I am skeptical you didn't break the car by driving it like an idiot. If I were to offer up a theory, I would say that you broke the engine from driving it too hard, drained out the oil, and then tried to blame it on your last oil change and are now trying to legitimize your lie here.

FAIL!

Scott
I will fess up to driving it hard, I down shift at a lot in paddle mode, any 1 else that drives one will, or actually maybe not man up to it, but they may downshift often too, to slower the car down, or for more acceleration.

I already said I do drive to Bellingham and back, so I do drive it for long periods of time. Yes, I do hit shiftlight a lot. Whats wrong with that? Probably what just happen to my car.

Yes, no light indicated that I had a any problems with my car. Which is complete bullshit because even my old honda accord would give me a sign that it needed an oil change.

I have honestly told you guys best of my knowledge, so I am not hiding anything.

I honestly know very little about cars, so bare with me.
what I did was dumb, should have changed oil. blah blah blah
I already said I am at fault for being an idiot. I honestly don't care for bashing because I honestly deserve it, and if it was someone else I would join the party.

Okay guys, so heres update if anyone gives a flying fuck.
Here are my options.

1) I lost my car
2) Car is hard parked in my garage until I can afford a new engine
3) I get a 1jz engine in it over FA20 from dealership.

I went to look at a 1jz engine and 2jz engine, both front clips with everything still intact. Transmission, engine and electrical wiring. (Dont worry I went with a buddy that knows cars way better than me)

My car may very well turn to a full project car, no excuses for it now. Unless I just want to get rid of my car, which is not going to happen to all the haters out there.

My only thoughts on this is that the 1jz will fit better than the 2jz after examining the two engines.

1jz front clip is at 2700
2jz front clip is at 3000

A) My only question from here is what about the drive shaft?
B) Will it drive properly, and will I still be able to use the paddle shifters?
C) Will a 1jz or 2jz fit properly, if not what are the fabrications to be needed?
(we all know a 2jz will fit, hence my thread that made front page with the drifting video of Fredic Aasbo)
D) If I do decide on the 1jz (which is the one I am leaning most forward too) where can I take my car too, to swap it in properly and what will the cost be?
E) What other parts am I going to need to make this work properly?

If any tuners, or anyone else out there will knowledge of swapping these engines in, please give me suggestions.

If everything works out my way I may be looking at a 1jz or 2jz in the near future.

I am for one not going to take this as a lost, no matter what a majority of the forum are telling me to do. I will fucking park this bitch in my mama's and daddy's garage. Until further notice. If things do go wrong.

Last edited by Sitha@ft86club; 02-26-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Closed Thread