follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
baadshah

Drives: premium silver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ window controls and brakes problem

I am seeing a new issue for the first time since 6 months I have bought my BRZ.
My driver side window doesnt automatically roll up after shutting the door and I lost complete control on the passenger side window from the driver side panel . Both my window switches on driver side are blinking instead of solid red. My brakes are already squealing during early minutes of the day when the whole unit is cold. Anyone with similar problems? I have scheduled a checkup with my dealer on monday.
baadshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Search the forum for how to reset your windows, that should solve it, there's like 3 threads on the front page of the Issues/Warranty section.
Edit: Here you go: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...924#post495924

The brake rotors get a bit of rust on them quite quickly from what I've heard, the squeaking is just oxidation and junk being rubbed off, no cause for alarm at all, most cars do something similar.

Edit2: If this is your only reason for going to the dealer I wouldn't bother, it'll likely just be a waste of time.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Sean-SRM

Drives: Silver Scion FR-S
Happened to me as well. Good to know my car hates the cold as much as I do.
Sean-SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baadshah View Post
I am seeing a new issue for the first time since 6 months I have bought my BRZ.
My driver side window doesnt automatically roll up after shutting the door and I lost complete control on the passenger side window from the driver side panel . Both my window switches on driver side are blinking instead of solid red. My brakes are already squealing during early minutes of the day when the whole unit is cold. Anyone with similar problems? I have scheduled a checkup with my dealer on monday.

not everyone is car geek and not knowing basic stuffs on cars.
i wouldnt bother go to dealer for these. especially squealing sound. as other member said, it's normal. this sounds go away after driving few miles getting warmed up.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
baadshah

Drives: premium silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
not everyone is car geek and not knowing basic stuffs on cars.
i wouldnt bother go to dealer for these. especially squealing sound. as other member said, it's normal. this sounds go away after driving few miles getting warmed up.
car geek lol.... But tell the same thing to a porsche or a BMW engineer and theyll laugh at this excuse that it is common on all cars. If my dealer gives me the same reason as in here, I am going to politely ask subaru to update their manual that it is 'common' to squeal when its cold.

I would call it below standards not 'common'.
baadshah is offline   Reply With Quote