follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #645
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Not sure what you by mean wide open, but I use a Beastronix module to disengage ABS on my track days.
Run it with the solenoid open to purge it. Instead I ran the car in gear on car stands so the ABS was activated.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #646
Irace86.2.0

So those speed bleeders and power bleeder combo are amazing. It made it a one person job. Once hooked up I could bleed everything in under ten minutes. Maybe five. I bled the system multiple times then purged the ABS by running the car in gear on the kick stands. Pedal feel is definitely improved but not 100%. Could be the nature of the kit. Could need more purging. I ran the line open at each nipple for a while. Did two passes then did an ABS purge then two passes then an ABS purge then another couple rounds of bleeding. Like I said, pedal feel is better, firmer but not as strong as stock. I’ll probably repeat in a few months.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #647
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
So those speed bleeders and power bleeder combo are amazing. It made it a one person job. Once hooked up I could bleed everything in under ten minutes. Maybe five. I bled the system multiple times then purged the ABS by running the car in gear on the kick stands. Pedal feel is definitely improved but not 100%. Could be the nature of the kit. Could need more purging. I ran the line open at each nipple for a while. Did two passes then did an ABS purge then two passes then an ABS purge then another couple rounds of bleeding. Like I said, pedal feel is better, firmer but not as strong as stock. I’ll probably repeat in a few months.
Good to know, thanks for the feedback after doing it. I've sort of just gotten used to it at this point!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #648
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
Good to know, thanks for the feedback after doing it. I've sort of just gotten used to it at this point!
It is definitely improved. It isn’t rock hard but before I always felt like I could easily muscle the pedal to the floor past a firm point, and now I feel like that firm point is firmer and sooner. I feel like I can muscle it to the floor but it takes much more effort. I need a stock 86 to get the stock feel in my mind again. The plan is to purge again in the future and probably do the ABS purge too. That may have also been the difference.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #649
choi0706

Drives: t
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
any update for those with soft feel?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #650
RFB

Drives: FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by choi0706 View Post
any update for those with soft feel?
I had soft feel after replacing boiled 660 fluid with Millers.
One re-bleed after an abusively hot track day, and all was fine.

Anyone have the specs on stage IV rear high bias option ?
6 piston rears or 4?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #651
TheBRZsKnees

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Garage
I got the Sport front and rear kit installed this weekend. They feel like a big upgrade over stock. The one thing that I thought was odd was that the stickers on the rears started peeling by the end of the first break-in session.

RR is sending me replacements. I'm looking for solutions to keep them from peeling again.

When I removed them, they came off very easily. I noticed that after a short drive, the rear calipers were much hotter than the fronts. The fronts were barely warm to the touch. Is this normal?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:04 AM   #652
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph4zon View Post
The one thing that I thought was odd was that the stickers on the rears started peeling by the end of the first break-in session.
RR is sending me replacements. I'm looking for solutions to keep them from peeling again.

When I removed them, they came off very easily. I noticed that after a short drive, the rear calipers were much hotter than the fronts. The fronts were barely warm to the touch. Is this normal?
Are you rears dragging? Perhaps the heat is burning off the stickers? Did you bed in the brakes yet?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #653
TheBRZsKnees

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointmutation View Post
Are you rears dragging? Perhaps the heat is burning off the stickers? Did you bed in the brakes yet?
I went through a couple sessions of hard braking, but it may have been insufficient. RR recommended I put some more miles on them. I've probably run them for less than 50 miles.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #654
cruizin01

Drives: 13' BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Im considering selling my stg II fronts and sport rears if anyone is interested. Ive got a couple sets of pads and rotors. I'm tired of the low speed squeal.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:27 AM   #655
TheBRZsKnees

Garage
At this point, I feel like the rears are probably dragging. I made a 5 mile drive with minimal braking (maybe 3 light applications). When I got home, the rears were hot to the touch. The heat has caused the chrome on the ends of my wheel spokes to flake, which sucks.

I probably have around 70 miles on the brakes now. Could this just be the result of insufficient break-in?
Old 09-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #656
cruizin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph4zon View Post
At this point, I feel like the rears are probably dragging. I made a 5 mile drive with minimal braking (maybe 3 light applications). When I got home, the rears were hot to the touch. The heat has caused the chrome on the ends of my wheel spokes to flake, which sucks.

I probably have around 70 miles on the brakes now. Could this just be the result of insufficient break-in?
Did the pads go in extra hard? Iirc I had to remove some pad material from my mine so they wouldn't drag.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #657
RFB

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin01 View Post
Im considering selling my stg II fronts and sport rears if anyone is interested. Ive got a couple sets of pads and rotors. I'm tired of the low speed squeal.
"BECAUSE - race car" bro

The low squeals drive me batsh!t crazy ! Even the street pads !
The intensity of the howling varies according to temp. and humidity.
When bedded, they are quiet, but that wears off quickly when daily driving.

I've even resorted to a dab of Sonax break dust cleaner on the disc to dissolve some of the pad surface to get some temporary peace.

They are fantastic stoppers(even the street "10" pads) on the track, but the "30's" are so hard they spark like a Disney fireworks show when bedding.
The metal brake dust turns to invisible rust and will take off powdercoat on rims if left on to long.
The "30" will wear out discs quickly, in as soon as 4 or 5 track days, but I was using them to outbrake the faster cars (Vettes etc.), on the straights.
My worn out discs were not gouged, but worn smooth and evenly.

Has ANYONE found quiet pads from other than Willwood or R+R that are quiet?
Old 09-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #658
cruizin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
"BECAUSE - race car" bro

The low squeals drive me batsh!t crazy ! Even the street pads !
The intensity of the howling varies according to temp. and humidity.
When bedded, they are quiet, but that wears off quickly when daily driving.

I've even resorted to a dab of Sonax break dust cleaner on the disc to dissolve some of the pad surface to get some temporary peace.

They are fantastic stoppers(even the street "10" pads) on the track, but the "30's" are so hard they spark like a Disney fireworks show when bedding.
The metal brake dust turns to invisible rust and will take off powdercoat on rims if left on to long.
The "30" will wear out discs quickly, in as soon as 4 or 5 track days, but I was using them to outbrake the faster cars (Vettes etc.), on the straights.
My worn out discs were not gouged, but worn smooth and evenly.

Has ANYONE found quiet pads from other than Willwood or R+R that are quiet?
Ive tried 3 different street pads and nothing helps. Ive pretty much parked the car aside from track days. They are coming off. Ill stick the stock stuff back on until i decide what setup to replace them with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

Tags
big brake kit, competition, track