follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 03-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #183
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Item that was in the warehouse wasn't in the warehouse. Waiting longer now...
Your tracking looks to have emailed on the 28th. We do apologize for the smaller item being out of stock. Sometimes these small items can get off on counts. We have humans still doing the counting and you would be surprised how many times these guys don't have enough fingers or fat finger a count into the inventory system. We strike them in the shins though when it happens so be assured lashings were issued.

It's an honest mistake but does cause issues sometimes. Either way you should be good to go and looks like delivery is set for today.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-18-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #184
Var

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Your tracking looks to have emailed on the 28th. We do apologize for the smaller item being out of stock. Sometimes these small items can get off on counts. We have humans still doing the counting and you would be surprised how many times these guys don't have enough fingers or fat finger a count into the inventory system. We strike them in the shins though when it happens so be assured lashings were issued.

It's an honest mistake but does cause issues sometimes. Either way you should be good to go and looks like delivery is set for today.
Parts arrived yesterday and installed today. Will do business again. But If I need something that's time sensitive I'll email to make sure it's in stock.

Thanks for quick email correspondence
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Var For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (04-06-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #185
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
So far everything has been smooth. Placed an order a few days ago with one of my items being out of stock. Sent an email last night asking if they can split the order and checked today to find out that they did exactly that and I now have car parts on the way!

Update: Everything had been delivered sooner than expected even for the backordered part. Just need to get around to finally installing the springs and subframe bushings.

Last edited by meWant; 06-06-2017 at 12:35 AM.
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meWant For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (06-05-2017), Tcoat (05-18-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #186
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Over 2 weeks since my order was placed. No update, no order, no anything. I had to be proactive in this situation. I really do hope they got my email from my home IP address which matches the IP address I'm using now...Which is the same IP address I used when placing my order which is the IP address I pay for from comcast to supply internet service to the address which I used as the shipping address on my order.

Tick tock please, my email notifications and ringer volume are set to extra loud in case anyone wants to contact me with the contact info I provided in my order... 2 weeks ago. :-)
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #187
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,767 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Shout out for David L from ft86speedfactory for his great customer service, i ordered a peerin inlet hose and was out stock and i thought something was wrong with my order but everything was sorted out. Best place for car parts
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #188
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Over 2 weeks since my order was placed. No update, no order, no anything. I had to be proactive in this situation. I really do hope they got my email from my home IP address which matches the IP address I'm using now...Which is the same IP address I used when placing my order which is the IP address I pay for from comcast to supply internet service to the address which I used as the shipping address on my order.

Tick tock please, my email notifications and ringer volume are set to extra loud in case anyone wants to contact me with the contact info I provided in my order... 2 weeks ago. :-)
Sorry for the issues with our 3rd party fraud screening service. I escalated the ticket and this order was approved with the information you supplied.

Information on their services can be seen on their website.
https://www.signifyd.com/

David should be working on getting your order out ASAP now.

Regards,
-Yo
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #189
Veeoh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've placed about 8 orders from these guys. Each time with No complaints. And they have great customer service. I usually get my packages within 2-3 days. Only problem I had was when I ordered clear side markers from them without noticing it was on back order�� But each time I asked for an update, David would be very helpful.
Veeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Veeoh For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (06-30-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #190
Cartman

Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Just recieved my order from FT86speedfactory... I'm surprised it arrived here in less than a week considering how PR currently is after the hurricane...

I'm just sad I didn't get any laffy taffy with my order
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #191
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Great company to deal with.

One of the items I recently received was incorrect. Took a picture, sent an email, got a response the same day and got the correct one a couple of days later.

I've also emailed with questions in the past and gotten quick and complete responses.

Also appreciate the laffy taffy which each order...

Have ordered multiple times and will not hesitate to do so again!
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #192
22R
22R

Drives: 2012 Camry SE 2017 Toyota 86
OLM/ OEM style Fog light kit and JB Autosports Fair and Balanced Review

After much research on OEM vs Aftermarket I found these to be the best buy for the money. I can recommend them but with some caution and constructive criticism.
First the Pros, It is of course cheaper than OEM and it gives you the nice corona ring DRL that increases visibility. The kit is virtually OEM except for the fog light housings and associated wiring to run the DRL rings. The Fog Light bezels, interior switch and even the mounting hardware all are either Subaru or Toyota packaged. The finished product looks and works great.

Now the Cons, The OLM lights came with no instructions whatsoever, While the OLM box and fog lights was neatly packaged in it's own box there is no hint of directions anywhere. The OLM harness must be plugged together in 7 places, while you can figure it out looking at it with a lil mechanical aptitude you would think a 400.00 kit would rate some instructions. The H11 plugs that plug to your factory fog light plugs must be chosen from three sets of other options in the kit and then the terminals inserted into the H11 plug. Not hard but polarity may matter and you have nothing to go off of. The small DRL modules and wiring need to be mounted or strapped somewhere. I chose to use silicone RTV to stick them to the front fender liner as they are stuck well but I can remove them and never know it was there( no holes in car for me) There may be a better spot to mount them but with no instructions.....
The fog light brackets I think are aftermarket and while they are nice they even have thumb screw height adjusters, They are loose when installed with the factory screw, spring nut and plastic push pin. Easy fix was using a small lock washer the size of the shoulder on the bolt on the backside to get the slop out. The bolt shoulder is a larger diameter than the hole in the spring nut and you cannot tighten it enough without the washer used a spacer.
Wiring...Now there are only two loose wire ends, One is the red power line for the DRL's that need to go to the spot in the fuse block that the FT86 web site shows ya but the yellow one you are left to wonder. It is not needed unless you want the DRL halos to go off when you turn the fog lights on so I just tucked mine in the wire loom.
The interior fog light switch while not a JB auto issue I must warn you of. When they say the factory wire plug is short...they mean short. Unless mine was cut shorter than short we are talking like 4 inches long. I can't help but wonder if Toyota/Subaru does not have extension pigtail for the switch to reach the factory wiring. It can be done but I had to not only cut the tape off I removed the wire harness body connector that the wire tied into to get a bit more slack but it will be a pain in the azz if I ever have to remove the panel under the column again.
Communication with JB Auto.... Be warned you cannot reach them by phone...ever. There is a number but it goes to voicemail and they will not call you back. They do all communication via email. David L is good to deal with but when you spend 385.00 on fog lights and 500.00 about a month ago on a tuning tablet it would be nice to talk to someone over the phone for some help especially if no directions are included. Now David did offer me the chance to return the item but if it was discovered that I had try to install the fog lights they would ship them back to me again. They gotcha there cause they know you have tried to install them hence the reason you are having installation issues. In their defense it would be hard to plug the wrong plugs together in the wiring kit but the polarity thing and the loose yellow wire a less astute installer may go put it somewhere and fry the lights then guess what ?
The YouTube video is great but the fog lights in there are plugging your factory fog lamp wire into the fog lights, these you have to use the aftermarket harness to go the the DRL module then and then the new connector to the fog lamps. So the video is a good guide but not exact to what you are buying there will be no mention of the DRL modules wiring or mounting and again no instructions in the box. After a few emails with David he shot me some OLM pics of how the harness looked put together and that was big help as it also showed the polarity of the H11 plugs that you have to assemble and explained about the yellow wire. Also if you go this route Little fuse makes a 5.00 fuse tap that plugs into the empty fuse slot in the fuse box you need to power the DRL's
So is it plug and play ? Yes if you do not want to use the Halo DRL's and can figure out the wire harness connections You can leave both the red and yellow wire not connected and the fog lights will come on with your factory switch.
Only other thing which is a factory preference issue is I wish that I could just run the fog lights but the headlights have to be on with to come on but the DRL's soften that blow.
And do not request on of those neat FT86 decals that you see on the lower front spoiler in the youtube videos cause they are like Unicorns at JB autossports
Summary
Very Nice product
Very poor instructions
Almost impossible to get quick help but they will email you back a few hours later.
If I could have spoke on the phone with someone for 5 minutes I could have finished a day earlier not having to wait for the email pics to clarify and confirm what I thought needed to be done

Note: I just noticed on the FT86 site on the Toyota OEM Fog light kit, the Switch does indeed have a extension on it in the advertisement pic. see for ya self
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...l#.WiVFXJjfPcs

This one too
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...l#.WiVGSZjfPcs

Last edited by 22R; 12-04-2017 at 07:58 AM.
22R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #193
SCQTT
ZWEI KOLBEN

Drives: 2017 86 Halo 6MT
First time buying from FT-86 website.

Their website is great.
Prices competitive
Offered free shipping at a set purchase level.
Carefully packaged and shipped quickly.
Great communication with tracking numbers.
Shipment arrived in a timley manner.
Order was accuratley filled.
Products were exactly as described and in perfect condition.

Package included a nice little FT-86 Speedfactory air freshener, a piece of candy & a coupon for a future order.

Many people complain when things go wrong, but rarley people comment when things go perfect.

Thank you!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #194
stlgrym3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Hey I didn’t get that air refresher lol. Anyways I’ve ordered 3 times with them and have not had any issues. Only suggestion I’d give is to have a live person answer phone calls instead of a voice recorded message saying to submit inquiries via email and web form.
stlgrym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #195
SCQTT
ZWEI KOLBEN

Drives: 2017 86 Halo 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgrym3 View Post
Hey I didn’t get that air refresher lol. Anyways I’ve ordered 3 times with them and have not had any issues. Only suggestion I’d give is to have a live person answer phone calls instead of a voice recorded message saying to submit inquiries via email and web form.
I think that is nice too, but for a small company that is really a luxury. The world is changing, it use to be that everyone wanted to talk to a live voice, another person, to confirm things would be right and move along in a timely manner.

Now younger people do not want to talk to other humans. They want to txt and buy via the Amazon experience. Even when there is a problem they want to solve it via txt or messaging. Sometimes a 30 second phone call is much easier than messaging back and forth on IG, but we (companies) are supposed to give the customer the buying experience they are looking for, right?
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:45 AM   #196
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgrym3 View Post
I am sick of this voice recording too... I wanted to inquire about an item I've bought and wanted to change to another item before it was shipped...

I am disappointed so far with the lack of communication/assistance; I've e-mailed them this morning and haven't got a reply back yet, I am super nervous about it now as they do charge for cancellation and even more for a re-stock fee after it's been shipped... Not to mention re-shipping it back.

My first time buying from them and I'm kind of regretting it to say the least.

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote