follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 10-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #7757
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmyson View Post
It comes with an Orange volt meter now?

I would say it's more red than orange. Also, from what I understand it is much dimmer than previous versions. Since it doesn't stand out any more than the rest of the gauges I decided to put it in plain view. I tucked it so that the numbers are just visible above my windshield wiper stalk. You can reach just past the ignition key to turn it on/off. I just took a small piece of aluminum sheet metal, and bent it into a V and twisted one side of it till it was at the right angle. The display is a little difficult to see in broad daylight with sunglasses on, but I like the current brightness. I was planning in making a flip up cover to keep it from blinding me at night, but that isn't necessary now.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #7758
shif7i7down
Erected Member

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Decided to take my car in for a 15k mile inspection at the dealer with the esc kit still installefd and oft tuned in the ecu, will update with the results lol
shif7i7down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #7759
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shif7i7down View Post
Decided to take my car in for a 15k mile inspection at the dealer with the esc kit still installefd and oft tuned in the ecu, will update with the results lol
Good luck
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #7760
shif7i7down
Erected Member

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
All clear, no issues...although they did suggest that i change my cabin air filter.
+1 for the esc
shif7i7down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #7761
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

Still editing the video. I'm up to 25 minutes and not done yet. This is one of the longer video I have worked on. I'm also mixing the old video with the new one. So lots of little things I need to do.

I also had my student make an intro for the video. It's pretty bad ass. Will update you guys when I'm done. I expect Monday or Tuesday as long as work doesn't screw me like they did on Thursday and Friday.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-19-2014), Fareast auto part (10-20-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #7762
predator800

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Thanks for the honest review from your point of view. I dont see anything wrong with this at all. Everyone is different and not every product is going to be perfect for everyone.

I actually just recently have had the same experience as you, i have went back to stock....not because i wanted to but because Rob is working on my controller so i have been without boost since the dyno day. All i can say is i feel like i am handicapped driving around. The car just does NOT move(even in stage2 93 oct that i am using now). The car revs and revs and revs but it doesn't really feel like you are covering any ground. The culprit here is the FLAT torque curve and general lack of torque to begin with. I found myself always having to downshift just to make a pass up a hill. I feel that i have to rev the crap out of it all the time just to keep up with traffic, which i dont really like doing because my car is quite loud with the exhaust.

Anyways, different strokes for different folks. This products intention is to dramatically change the acceleration characteristic of this car for a fairly low $$$ investment.

For reference here is my stage2 dyno(OFT, OFH, trackpipe, 94oct), it is just soooo boring....there is something to be said about a flat torque curve yes....but a flat torque curve that never actually makes decent torque is also not that fun to drive unless you can rev to 9000 rpm....just my opinion obviously.

I mean it only ever makes 142tq

Did you get the supercharger back? Back and even better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
predator800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #7763
GerryL

Drives: White BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shif7i7down View Post
All clear, no issues...although they did suggest that i change my cabin air filter.
+1 for the esc
Yes, but do you really know, whether or not they took some notes for the record in case you come back somewhere down the line with an engine related warranty issue? I guess I'm not much in having faith with the dealers, but I'll likely take mine off should I need to go in somewhere down the road.
GerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #7764
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
Yes, but do you really know, whether or not they took some notes for the record in case you come back somewhere down the line with an engine related warranty issue? I guess I'm not much in having faith with the dealers, but I'll likely take mine off should I need to go in somewhere down the road.
Only takes 15 minutes no reason not to
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #7765
abraxis

Drives: many
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winjr View Post
On the other hand, the green stands out...they usually ask "what's that green thing?"
Yeah, not so great if it's a cop in a strict emissions control state.
abraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #7766
Target70

turn it off, or just tell them it's a voltmeter, you won't be lying. But if you like the green I suspect that rob just put a red film over the display, to both dim and turn it red. I can't be certain, you could try to peel it off and test it for yourself, but rob could confirm.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #7767
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
It's a new led. It's a better led then before and less prone to issues.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #7768
Target70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
It's a new led. It's a better led then before and less prone to issues.
Thanks, that's good to know. I saw the film but didn't want to try taking it off, because I thought it might be a pain to get it back on.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #7769
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I think the film may just be tint, so it's not as blinding at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #7770
07jazzrs5gt86

Drives: Firestorm 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Finally got the ESC installed sunday after having it sit for 2 weeks. Didn't want to install it with my jdl el header because i want to get the feel of the header 1st and get use the header 1st before the ESC.

Initialy with the header and shiv 91 stage 2 el tune the 86 felt great through out all the rpm and felt much strong from 5.5k - 7.2k and still going strong. Under normal driving i don't have to push the pedal too hard for it to pick up but once on the gas it moves quite well but still missing some omph. Got the sexy sound but not enough go go .

Now with the ESC the install easy and straight forward all thanks to @sojhin instal video. I actually watched at least 4 time just to make sure i get it down right. The install would only take me 1 hr but i took my sweet time just to make sure i don't get any wire caught or damage during the install and the ESC is lined up straight before i get it tighten down. Over all it took me 2hrs including getting it flash.

1st thing i notice after install is how good the ESC looks sitting there nice and shiny and removing the stock intake tube, sound generator and the resonator really uncluter the bay. I got it set to 90% throttle so i won't accidentally activate it.

Might sound like a broken record or a fanboy but this thing ROCKS. It's a great system for the price and value. The kit is very well built but still there's 1 thing that i hope would be better. It's the wire connection on the throttle activation switch. It seems and felt a bit lose and fragile. I was extra careful with that part but since fenton and others that have it for a long time haven't have any issues with it yet so it might be something i shouldn't worry about.

With the added hp/tq this is how the car should arrive from the factory. I was so additive to it i slow down to 40mph on 3rd then go wot just for fun. I use it whenever i get the chance just to test if there's anything wrong with the system and get use to the slight lag while getting the batteries conditioned. with multiple pulls from 2nd to 5th shifting at 7k i'm pleasantly surprised the batteries charged quite fast. Now can't wait to get the AUX charger installed planning on waiting 1 week of testing/fun/abuse next is the NST pulley kit and Gates belt.

Oh my so tempted to get everything thing install at once but want to feel the differences for the before/after effects.

Overall I'll give this kit 9.6/10

Definitely worth every penny andvthe 5months wait

Thanks for developing/ testing / improving on a very solid power option @Rob fenton and others that help
07jazzrs5gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 07jazzrs5gt86 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-21-2014), fenton (10-20-2014), Gums (10-24-2014), Sojhinn (10-20-2014), Winjr (10-21-2014)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive